Should Adam Johnson get to go to the World Cup?

Should he get a call up?

• Total voters
It would be an advantage to have a left footed winger
I hope England play the United formation
With three mids and two wingers with Rooney up front by himself

I'd definately try him out in the up-coming friendly matches against Mexico and Japan, two decent teams who will both feature in the tournament. If he impresses in either both or one of those matches, depending on if he plays, then he could make for a decent squad member in the World Cup. Perhaps I'd start him in the group stages, against the likes of Algeria and Slovenia who will pose a slightly smaller threat to England, but not in the later stages should we reach them - I'd instead go for Cole or Walcott out on the left.

But in short, yes, I would take him and I think he deserves a call-up for his crossing, passing and shooting abilities, with Heskey unlikely to get many, Crouch being more of a "come off the bench/super sub" striker, Defoe getting a few - although I can't see his partnership with Rooney thriving, and Rooney possibly not finding the brilliant form he has found for United this season when he's back from injury.

not sure about the world, he should be called up for friendiles so we can see what he can do on the international stage.

i think there is 5 or 6 wingers better then him, so iwouldnt take him.

Young, Milner, Gerrard, Lennon, Joe Cole, Downing, SWP

we cant take all of them. so i wouldnt consider him.

Milner and Gerrad wingers? What you smokin' bruva?

Also, Shauny will most likely be injured, like the past few months. Lennon might still be out, Downing isn't as good imo, he has been pretty poor for Villa when i see him, Young is the only one I agree with, as Joe Cole can hardly play like he used too.

i think there is 5 or 6 wingers better then him, so iwouldnt take him.

Young, Milner, Gerrard, Lennon, Joe Cole, Downing, SWP

we cant take all of them. so i wouldnt consider him.

Wright-Phillips is extremely overrated - he seems to just run into walls and IMO, Johnson has more natural talent. Milner better suits Central Midfield in my opinion due to his power, shots and passing, and I can't see Young going due to poor form earlier on in the season and he still isn't at his best. Gerrard will obviously play in the middle, and I have a feeling Downing won't be on the plane. So we only really have Cole, Lennon, Walcott and Beckham - who of course, will miss it with injury, so Johnson seems a good bet.

I do see what you mean seeing as they can all play on the wing and while all of them won't necessarily go, they are versatile, though.

Left Mid - J.Cole & Milner
Right Mid - Lennon & SWP

Gerrard can also switch to left if things are going pear shaped.
Johnson hasn't done anything except the goal at Sunderland.
Too one dimensional and lacks experience.

Also, Shauny will most likely be injured, like the past few months. Lennon might still be out, Downing isn't as good imo, he has been pretty poor for Villa when i see him, Young is the only one I agree with, as Joe Cole can hardly play like he used too.

what do you expect as he has only just come back from a bad knee injury. the past month or so has been coles pre-season and his been great so by the time the wc comes he will be in his best and fittest shape i can guarrentee that.

considering Gerrard plays Left wing for England. " I aint smokinh nowt, bruva, you get me" Milner started his career as a winger, so yes he is better then johnson on the wing, Joe cole, been very good this year. Secoundly. Johnson has played well for 2 months in the top division, surely that doesnt deserve an world cup place.

IMO, I think he deserves a chance next season but in the World Cup you need team chemistry and players who have been tried and tested. Last thing we want is another Walcott who sits on the bench the whole way through.

I think he should stay home.

'Form is temporary, class is permanent' so if he is a good enough player for the England team he will keep it up next season, and force his way into the team for the Euro's. I think it's too soon to just throw him into a World Cup off a half season of good form.

Like Mr.T said, the last thing we'd want is another Walcott.

I think he should go, put him on the bench.
defenders don't like fast and tricky players and he's one of them.
you could say well we have a player like that in Walcott but I say well two's better than one!!

I think he should go, put him on the bench.
defenders don't like fast and tricky players and he's one of them.
you could say well we have a player like that in Walcott but I say well two's better than one!!
I think Walcott and Johnson are completely different players, Walcott has dribbling, pace and finishing (Inside forward) and Johnson has crossing and dribbling and a bit of pace (Winger). So they are quite different, I'd compare his to Beckham or Downing more :S

I voted no.

No denying he is a talent. For couple of years Boro fans were saying he was like Downing but more direct and could take on players but he wasn't given his chance.

Downing leaves, he gets his chance but won't sign a contract so leaves.

Great player, will be a great international....world cup is too early.

However, Capello said there would be a surprise call up, Walcott style...so maybe he will go.

Actually Do we need him? Think about the pace we already have:
Gabby Agbonlahor
The Walcott
Aaron Lennon
Wayne Rooney
James Milner
Joe Cole
Ashley Young

They have all been tried and tested and should go to the world cup. Adam Johnson shouldn't wow Macheda had a handful of impressive performences for Utd he aint going to SA with Italy. Any way If we need anyone else I think Downing is higher in the pecking order than him

I see no reason why he shouldn't go to the World Cup... there are thousands of unsold tickets and many flights to SA :p

i think he should go he has performed better than the likes of downing but i think cappello will take young cole walcott and lennon before Johnson but he would be an amazing super sub :)