Should Adam Johnson get to go to the World Cup?

Should he get a call up?

• Total voters
Joe Cole has never been england's best player.

I don't think he's ready yet, and he's only had a few games for City. The other guys have way more experience then this fella.

he was englands best performer when capello first took over. johnson too young and inexperienced but definatly in the squad after the wc if his still playing well.

10 games for city so a bit more than a few

You think 10 games is a lot? <)

Joe Cole was not in form when Capello took over, was he even fit at the time?

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

I think today proved that Johnson isnt ready, he didnt get into the game. The world cup is a big competition with big teams so if he cant play well against united hes got no chance against Brazil.

I think today proved that Johnson isnt ready, he didnt get into the game. The world cup is a big competition with big teams so if he cant play well against united hes got no chance against Brazil.

Agreed. But he was playing against Evra.. one of the best left backs in the world. He wouldn't face too many at the WC

To be honest Wright Phillips came on and had a better impact than Johnson in 5 minutes than he did the whole time he was on. It was so obvious Johnson was going to cut in on his right foot. Didn't impress me atall to be honest.

To be honest Wright Phillips came on and had a better impact than Johnson in 5 minutes than he did the whole time he was on. It was so obvious Johnson was going to cut in on his right foot. Didn't impress me atall to be honest.

You mean cut in on his left foot??

At least one left winger would be definitely going, but personally I'd take Joe Cole purely because he's far more versatile. If there's room in the squad for a second left winger, then Johnson would be a good call as another option from the bench.

Depends a lot on Ashley Cole's fitness really - if he's fit then a winger who can interchange with Rooney (whether that's Gerrard or Cole) and cut inside when appropriate to allow Cole to overlap would seem to be how Capello will set England up to play. If Cole isn't fit and his replacement performs as poorly as he did in the first half of the last friendly, it might be better to have an out and out wide man to put balls into the box.

To be honest if he was included I would be completely confident in him, but only if most of the better wingers were out. If Downing was injured then I think Johnson should be called up.

Yeah you can't take him, he may be good for man city in his about ten games cameo. But what if England do take him and hes just not cut out for the big time?!

He is a great talent for this country and i hope he will feature in the national setup in the coming years, he has made a great impact at Man City in the past 4 months and their is no reason why he cant do the same with England. The limiting factor of course is the fact hes never played at international level so there is a chance that he could become overawed by the experience. He can probably be described in the same vein as Joe Hart and Bobby Zamora, they've all had great seasons but will be overlooked.

Off-topic, but I found out today that my step-dad has Andy Johnsons car. The past-owner was said to be a football and this was last season, my stepdad told me today and I was like, awesome.

On-topic, I'd still rather have SWP in the sqaud rather than Johnson, not sure why.. Pace is more reliable than skills I guess.

No, it's a risk and it's not fair that he's get in at the expense of someone like Young or SWP, he was non-existent against Utd today, and he could crack in the WC.

No, no experience what so ever, it would just be another Walcott.

Why does there always have to be a "wild card" the team that qualified with a couple of fringe players (with caps and experience) should be the team that plays in the world cup. I know there is injury's and other problems but taken a player who hasnt even played half a premer league worth of games would be just stupid, you need players who can play in the big games which as johnson proved against united. he can't. yet.....

He's only played a handfull of games in the premier league in the last few years. So i would say definately not, far more deserving and experienced players out there IMO.