• Yes he should go.

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Yes he should but not at captain.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • No he should be left out.

Votes: 32 45.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought about this some more, and tbh I kind of see why he probably wants to retire now (if it's along the lines I'm thinking).

If he does go and when he plays, it's going to prove to be a massive press distraction-and I mean massive. And of course, it will divide England fans too. Everyone's heard them stupidly boo Ashley Cole at times when he plays. I mean, yeah great-boo a player who's tyring to play his best for your country (save it for league games-not internationals). So taking that into account, maybe it's best he doesn't go after all? Because all the scrutiny will concentrate on him (win or lose) and not the team as a whole?

Most unpopular player to ever captain England? Won't be missing him myself.

I'm just looking forward to seeing Oxlade-Chamberlain tear **** up at the euros.

well, if JT wants to retire now from the international scene, then now is the only time. and plus the timing will be nice, since cahill and shawcross can step up in that role, so too for phil jones .

Also, has anyone read Rio's book? He claimed there is a "known racist" within the England camp.. Not saying I think he means Terry but, who knows...

I see people saying "the captaincy is only such a big deal because we make it a big deal.." No. The captaincy never used to be a big deal, it's only really been since Beckham was removed of captaincy that we've had this problem.

So really, Terry is the problem, maybe that's a little harsh, but it's definitely Capello/FA/Terry's fault. The controversy that follows terry, follows the captaincy, if it was given to anyone else [Gerrard, Rio, Lampard] we wouldn't have this problem at all.. IMO.

Last edited:
Also, has anyone read Rio's book? He claimed there is a "known racist" within the England camp.. Not saying I think he means Terry but, who knows...

I see people saying "the captaincy is only such a big deal because we make it a big deal.." No. The captaincy never used to be a big deal, it's only really been since Beckham was removed of captaincy that we've had this problem.

So really, Terry is the problem, maybe that's a little harsh, but it's definitely Capello/FA/Terry's fault. The controversy that follows terry, follows the captaincy, if it was given to anyone else [Gerrard, Rio, Lampard] we wouldn't have this problem at all.. IMO.

We do make a it a big deal. I mean just chuck it to anyone. Hear what you are saying about Terry though, should never have got it back

I just think the FA are taking a precaution as they don't want to be seen as supporting a racist if Terry is found guilty. Let's not turn Terry into some sort of victim yet. Just stupid that people get themselves into these situation in the first place.

With Capello speaking out against the FA about it the media are now jumping he has breached his contract. Do we really need this **** before a major tournament?

We do make a it a big deal. I mean just chuck it to anyone. Hear what you are saying about Terry though, should never have got it back

Not really. Were a very 'insecure' footballing nation, we need a leader, like Beckham was, Shearer was.. There are more but I'm not that old. :p

Terry is, for want of a better word, a tool, and clearly shouldn't have been appointed. Not that I'm trying to be Mr. Hindsight here or anything..

Oh well, it's a vicious circle, until after the Euro's we will have this **** over and over... Love how something always manages to spoil major competitions for English fans.

Not really. Were a very 'insecure' footballing nation, we need a leader, like Beckham was, Shearer was.. There are more but I'm not that old. :p

Terry is, for want of a better word, a tool, and clearly shouldn't have been appointed. Not that I'm trying to be Mr. Hindsight here or anything..

Oh well, it's a vicious circle, until after the Euro's we will have this **** over and over... Love how something always manages to spoil major competitions for English fans.

We shouldnt need a "leader" its embarrassing that we are that insecure we need some hero figure.

Give to Hart, sound enough person, and he'll be there for the next 10 years

One thing i want to point out is that people have been saying "if it was any other job he would be suspended until the trial". So ok if thats the case then why is he still allowed to play for the country??? Either ban him all together or not at all, at the moment it looks petty and as if they already believe he is guilty.

One thing i want to point out is that people have been saying "if it was any other job he would be suspended until the trial". So ok if thats the case then why is he still allowed to play for the country??? Either ban him all together or not at all, at the moment it looks petty and as if they already believe he is guilty.

Maybe the FA know something we dont.