• Yes he should go.

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Yes he should but not at captain.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • No he should be left out.

Votes: 32 45.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok I can see what you mean about he is innocent until proven guilty but do you really think ferdinand would let it go this far if it wasnt true.It would make no sense otherwise.Ferdinand would only come out as a liar and a cheat in a Police investigation.Surely you must see that.

courts will seriously suspend a trial because youre too busy at work?

Yup, it depends on what the actual case is of course, and whether the judge thinks the postponement benefits the proceedings

Ok I can see what you mean about he is innocent until proven guilty but do you really think ferdinand would let it go this far if it wasnt true.It would make no sense otherwise.Ferdinand would only come out as a liar and a cheat in a Police investigation.Surely you must see that.

Ferdinand never heard it mate, he got shown the clip by QPR and got asked by them if he wanted to press charges. In fact all 19 players, 4 officials, 2 managers, 14 subs and endless number of coaches and physio's never heard him say it.

Ferdinand never heard it mate, he got shown the clip by QPR and got asked by them if he wanted to press charges. In fact all 19 players, 4 officials, 2 managers, 14 subs and endless number of coaches and physio's never heard him say it.

I'd love to know your source.

If rio ferdinand doesn;t shake hands with him on sunday (as expected) they surely can't play together at the euros?

I'd love to know your source.

Its what has been reported, look it up yourself if you wish. If someone had heard it there and then im sure a scuffle would have broken out.

Couldn't agree more.

Ive heard everyone ramble about Terry. Not one journalist has their eye on who should be picked for the Holland game, which is a huge friendly against a side better than us, but the kind of side we want to match and beat

Ive heard everyone ramble about Terry. Not one journalist has their eye on who should be picked for the Holland game, which is a huge friendly against a side better than us, but the kind of side we want to match and beat

C'me on Mike you're a smart guy. You should know by now the press know that negative press of football sells more newspapers these days ;)

C'me on Mike you're a smart guy. You should know by now the press know that negative press of football sells more newspapers these days ;)

I like to live in hope...

I like to live in hope...

I used to say that but now..... Well, put it this way. Whenever there's an international tournament involving England I just don't even bother reading press articles, browsing forums for peoples reactions. And I especially avoid them with this sort of situation. The comments are just ridiculous-bordering on law breaking. And when we play a match, the press dedicate only a small part on positives of a match-unless we gub a side like Andorra or whatever. When we lose against world class opponents we get absolutely slaughtered, and prefer to single out players....it's just not worth the time of day. Some people slag off radio stations like Talksport, but at least they're more down to earth and realistic, without going over the top-while at the same time being supportive and passionate. It's pretty much why I listen to that station during World Cups and Euros, while others prefer to really overhype sweeping people along wth them-so when we lose a close game, they feel much worse than they should.

Perhaps we've learnt a lesson from the World Cup, though. In the aftermath of our win over Spain, everyone was at pains to not overhype us, which was pleasing to see.

Because that doesn't sell papers ;) We in this country love a good scandal. (by 'we' I mean the people who choose to spend their life reading what celebrities are up to rather than focusing on their own life)

Every time I get a bit optimistic about England's future some facepalm like this comes up and I remember we will never win a tournament because our media is stupid and our grass roots coaching is ****.

EDIT: ffs- just typed this and then realised ajt beat me to it two hours ago.

Perhaps we've learnt a lesson from the World Cup, though. In the aftermath of our win over Spain, everyone was at pains to not overhype us, which was pleasing to see.

I bet you my whole stuffed bear collection that come the start of tournament the hype will be no different to what it always is.

Last edited:
well the axe has fallen, again on JT.

so, who's next for the skipper ? steven gerrard ? rio ferdinand ? Scotty Parker :p

This is the main problem that England Managers have. The media judge every decision and event that happens to a member of the squad. Way too much.

It is innocent until proven guilty, although many may believe (perhaps wrongly) that he is a guilty and racist man. If he is found out guilty afterwards, and is taken, that would ruin the image of the national team (and probably Fabio Capello as well)! However, there is no real reason to leave him out, unless he is considered to be distracted and that he will cause friction in the squad.

Personally, I would take him but not as captain (as his head may be distracted), he is innocent at the moment but I believe he does not warrant the captain's armband if he is allegedly guilty - I doubt Anton Ferdinand would make an outrageous and random accusation like that (of course, though, I may be wrong)!