Show off your regen/newgen - FM14

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 774
  • Views Views 619K
nothing great just great pace really looks good like but nothing special

Whoa! Mattias Heinze , 20 years, can become best BU!

Cheeks how do you get regens as good as that?!?!?!?! how on earth do you train them that well!

View attachment 423322
Just bought this guy for 18.5m (not confirmed yet, still need work permit)

I know it's a lot, but I had the transfer budget spare and he looks amazing, what do you guys think?

Cheeks how do you get regens as good as that?!?!?!?! how on earth do you train them that well!

i'm pretty **** in regard to regens tbh, i will literally look at every one created to see if they look any good.
if i get them, they basically sit in my under 18's until they are too old and have to move to reserves, whether that be 2/3/4 seasons and then i have a very small reserve squad so they get quite a load of games for the u18's and reserves. obviously i have them constantly tutored (Fellaini was an awesome tutor for me).
when they have to move into reserves i do 1 of 2 things, if they are good enough they go into the first team squad and play occasionally (this involves all the cap one cup, home champs league matches and couple of subs in fa cup and league). if they aren't quite ready, a year of loan football to a league that i have as playable so they get some match experience and then straight into the rotation for next year.
i have all 4*, 4.5* and 5* coaches for both youth and first team.
one thing that may help is that i choose regens that fit my system and tactics, so they have stats that coincide with how i want them to play in a certain position, i feel this enables me to slot them into my team without any hassle and they can perform. they're stats may not be as great as a starter but the overall impact on the system i will play will be minimal therefore its purely their own individual performance and it seems to help development for me.
this also means i dont buy some regens who are awesome, for instance there could be an awesome centre mid but he could have a low work rate stat so i wont sign him because i need my cm's putting in a shift
that's what i do anyway and it seems to work

like this is the next dude im going to bring into the roatation (he's not going out on loan)
View attachment 423265View attachment 423264
he has been in the u18's for 4 years just getting tutored and playing. he is now going to go into first team and take fernando's place and then i'll sell fernando and the end of the season, he will play about 14 games, and the cycle goes on, sweet

Last edited:
Man, I just looked at your regens again and this is the most ******* terrified bunch of regens in one team I've ever seen. These two German lads look unreal. Good job with nurturing them.

haha cheers

Back