Show off your regen/newgen - FM14

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 774
  • Views Views 619K
i'm pretty **** in regard to regens tbh, i will literally look at every one created to see if they look any good.
if i get them, they basically sit in my under 18's until they are too old and have to move to reserves, whether that be 2/3/4 seasons and then i have a very small reserve squad so they get quite a load of games for the u18's and reserves. obviously i have them constantly tutored (Fellaini was an awesome tutor for me).
when they have to move into reserves i do 1 of 2 things, if they are good enough they go into the first team squad and play occasionally (this involves all the cap one cup, home champs league matches and couple of subs in fa cup and league). if they aren't quite ready, a year of loan football to a league that i have as playable so they get some match experience and then straight into the rotation for next year.
i have all 4*, 4.5* and 5* coaches for both youth and first team.
one thing that may help is that i choose regens that fit my system and tactics, so they have stats that coincide with how i want them to play in a certain position, i feel this enables me to slot them into my team without any hassle and they can perform. they're stats may not be as great as a starter but the overall impact on the system i will play will be minimal therefore its purely their own individual performance and it seems to help development for me.
this also means i dont buy some regens who are awesome, for instance there could be an awesome centre mid but he could have a low work rate stat so i wont sign him because i need my cm's putting in a shift
that's what i do anyway and it seems to work

like this is the next dude im going to bring into the roatation (he's not going out on loan)
View attachment 493249View attachment 493252
he has been in the u18's for 4 years just getting tutored and playing. he is now going to go into first team and take fernando's place and then i'll sell fernando and the end of the season, he will play about 14 games, and the cycle goes on, sweet
Do you train them like say, Centre Mid - Heavy, or no training but heavy, or what? I'm confused. They all look so amazing :l.

In the process of snapping up this gem. The next BIG Slovenian star
View attachment 422626
I was hoping for a back up/eventual replacement for Tomas Necid this youth intake since the one I had planned is leaving for Valencia.

View attachment 497242

My friend just showed me this claiming he doesn't use the editor. Personally I don't believe him but you can judge for yourself...

Some of his stats are too high for a natural striker such as marking, tackling, and goalkeeping. Plus all his physical and mental stats are above 15 which is insane. I call editor on that one.

Rob Rigney:
tFATaYy.png

jPsOcsg.png

h389H2s.png

Gao Songguo:
7hrd.png

LKM6UBK.png

Both 100% Legit I promise :)

Work on his Positioning Strength Tackling Passing on Heavy few month at a time and get him tutored he should be a monster

View attachment 420160this is my kid, signed him 2 years ago from Aj Auxerre for 800k, fantastic player and is starting to get to the ability where he can starting playing for my first team. However, i have a question for the FM community as I'm at a dead end and just cant decide. I do not know whether to keep him as a Am or train him as AML- Inside Forward, and he has the attributes for both, any help would be gratefully appreciated

For me he's more like AM support. If you like to make him an IF you should train a lot his finishing.

I don't think training strength is neccesary here. AM should be quick, agile etc. Think of Iniesta, his strength is estimated 6 in game I guess. I'd rather keep an eye on his passing, 12 is not good comparing to his first touch and technique. And get him a tutor to increase his determination.

I don't think training strength is neccesary here. AM should be quick, agile etc. Think of Iniesta, his strength is estimated 6 in game I guess. I'd rather keep an eye on his passing, 12 is not good comparing to his first touch and technique. And get him a tutor to increase his determination.

Cheers for all the help, I'm eyeing up Grosskreutz, has 20 determination

Would you say there's any Am trait he needs work on? I'm already working on his strength

Either train him in the role of AM, at heavy setting for a more complete rounded out player, orrrr if you want him to be the best playmaker possible train his passing, first touch, technique, off the ball. All individually. in that order.

5e9ebf6c9deaf27e4e99509ace9a54c7.png

Found out with FM Genie that he has a PA of 198.

He's the best regen I've had in my first season. on my save we're coming up to the 2nd English Youth Intake so I'm hoping to dredge a lot of players from that.

Michu is tutoring him so he should become a beast.

Back