Show off your regen/newgen - FM14

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 774
  • Views Views 619K
My best defender that I've gotten on this game so far.

View attachment 369892

These are his base stats. I know his technical stats don't look fantastic, but his physical stats more than make up for it. Here is the role he plays, with the attributes the game determines to be important for this role.

View attachment 369893

As you can see, he doesn't ever really need to play perfect passes or have the touch of someone like Rio Ferdinand. He works fine in this role. This is his history.

View attachment 369891

I found him, with very very good stats, when I played Feyenoord in the Champions League group stage in the 2014/15 season, when he scored against me. I looked at him, and instantly wanted him. The next summer, I bought him, and I feel he is worth every penny. He is now keeping Marquinhos out of the team, and partnering him alongside Eder Alvarez Balanta, and with the two of them, I managed to concede only 10 times in a single season (in the league, I conceded 17 in the champions league, with a 5-4 and a 7-5 in the group stages against Bayern making up half of that).

Update/New regens on my Monaco save:

View attachment 613860 Husain; Got him for £5m from Austrai Wien. Steal.

View attachment 613837 Paul Shed; Solid Right back and doesn't get injured (only 3 injuries ever).

View attachment 613838 Bruno Bellec; Fantastic young French CB, still got a lot of developing to do.

View attachment 613840 Willian; Bellec's CB partner, doesn't let a lot past him. Holds Portuguese passport.

View attachment 613841 Ivanov; One of the best LBs I've ever seen on FM and fit as a fiddle.

View attachment 613843 Davidson; Natural LB and CM, I play him DLP in CM where he excells. "World Class Full Back/Midfielder", but frustratingly, won't learn important PPMs for midfield (i.e. plays killer balls). Still world class none the less.

View attachment 613844 Milicevic; Another World Class midfielder by description. However frequency of injuries is putting his Monaco career on the line. Outstanding ability when fully fit and match winner.

View attachment 613847 Gunes; My AMC. Yet another World Class Midfielder by definition and performs consistently (albeit in Ligue 1..).

View attachment 613850 Awuah; Quite proud with how this lad has turned out. Took a punt and paid £24.5m in my first season at Monaco (which was a big chunk of my budget then) and he's developed into a devastating winger. Still got room to grow, but I've had in on an individual focus of finishing for a season now.

View attachment 613855 Almandoz; My AML has developed brilliantly since I brought him in from Real Madrid in my first season. Gained French nationality too (as he had previous stints in France before) and still develops despite his age.

View attachment 613858 McLaren; Star of the show and best striker of his generation. Has scored 140 goals in all competitions over 2 seasons.

View attachment 613853 Monje; Versatile young Spanish winger who is first choice off the bench for advanced positions. Future captain for club when he takes over Almandoz and no doubt future captain for country.

View attachment 613862 Patane; Paid £10m for his services from Zenit and holds a Portuguese passport. Would be a first choice CB for another team in the world.

Just curious Pez, what tactic do you use to get your striker McLaren to score so many?

I play 4-2-3-1, inside fowards and set to float crosses. I have McLaren set as a complete forward too. To be honest mate I've only had success in this version with tall strikers.

Thanks for this might make some mods to mine and see if it has the same effect.

Not mine just yet, but want to get opinions on whether i should sign him or not, thought this would be the best place....

AleksBryant_OverviewProfile-2_zpsb0a6b962.png

The 5* potential is drawing me to him.

Typical English striker, all about pace and strength. If you manage to fix his awful technique, he can be good. Just because he's fast.

They've rejected bids of over £5m, they can **** off.

They came back asking for £53m for him...so i told them to stick it.

Last edited:
Thought i'd share my current crop, i've gotten a bit lucky with how well one or two have done.

Vendakis cost £6.5m and has made Marquinhos a complete waste of money, i had no idea he'd get this good so quick. I'm currently rejecting £45m bids for Madrid, Barca and City but i'm sorted with Balanta alongside him.
View attachment 367787
Zuev, don't know whether to make him my new Walcott for the LW or as a midfielder. Cost - free.
View attachment 367780
White, nabbed him for 750k off Middlesbrough, super pacey already and is bagging enough goals already that i start him often.
View attachment 367779
Leconte, i overspent to take him from United at £35m but i have a feeling i'll be set at DM within a year or two and i couldn't bear to see United hold one of the best young players in a position especially when they'd already beaten me to Bender and Wanyama.
View attachment 367778
Ivankovic cost £1m and has looked good on loan at Liverpool and Lyon, another LW who looks like a Walcott mark 2. Already had £30m+ bids come in.
View attachment 367777
I've got a ton more but i'll save them to see how they develop first.

Last edited:
The main regens for my United team, going into 2021:

View attachment 365754
Luis Painter, Intake, 2018
Looks to be a quality keeper in the making, currently the understudy to David De Gea since Areola left the club in 2020.

View attachment 365753
Louis Johansen, Copenhagen, 2014 (1m Pounds)
Didn't seem amazingly special when my scouts found him, but for 1m and with a 5* PA rating at the time, I took a gamble. Has turned into an incredible wing-back since, able to play on either side.

View attachment 365743
Renan, Sao Paulo, 2016 (825k)
Again, a solid wing-back who my scouts spotted playing for one of my feeder clubs as a 20 year old. At the time, I had Shaw, Rafael (who eventually left the club) and Johansen, so I loaned him out to WBA who had just been relegated. One season later, and he had won the Championship Young Player of the Year as a left-back. Currently rotated with Shaw at LB and stands in for Johansen at RB (who tends to pick up a lot of suspensions).

View attachment 365744
Nelson Carrillo, Newell's, 2016 (7.5m)
Got him after Fellaini left for Monaco on the cheap, and he has turned into a fantastic player, ousting Marco Verratti from the Regista role he held in the team. Been rejecting bids of up to 50m from Real Madrid for him for the last two seasons now.

View attachment 365752
Javier Villalba, Galatasaray, 2020 (4.4m)
He got brought to my attention when his agent offered him to me, and when I scouted him I knew I had to beat AC Milan and Barca to his signature. Amazing player for the price, and there's only one way his ability is going to go, and that is world-class.

View attachment 365748
Michael Mason, Aston Villa, 2014 (15m)
He cost a lot at the time for a 16 year old, but has repaid that value over ten-fold since. 2018-19 Ballon D'Or, European Golden Boy and World Player of the Year, countless domestic awards and trophies, and the odds-on favourite to win the world awards in 2020-21 as well. Already racked up 51 caps for England at 21 and well on his way to being one of the best regens I've seen in FM. (You could say Aitor Herrera was the Spanish Mason, eh Klippy? ;) )

View attachment 365751
Marcelo Candia, Velez, deal agreed 2016, signed 2019 (4.4m)
Spotted him as a 15 year old when I signed Carrillo (I had a good scouring of Argentinian clubs in 2016) and agreed a deal for him to move when he was 18. After spending a season on loan, he has broken into my 1st XI this year, scoring some outrageous goals in the process.

View attachment 365750
Alberto Jesus, Sevilla, 2020 (£16.5m)
Cost me quite a bit, but after signing he won the Spanish YPOTY, so seemingly worth it. Fits into my formation well, and only the next few years will show if he can live up to his price tag.

View attachment 365749
Steve Lake, Intake, 2019
High hopes for this lad, great potential and attributes technically for his age, now it's just intense tutoring to improve his mental stats and make him an absolutely beast B2B midfielder.

View attachment 365747
Jim Cornhill, Intake, 2017
A really promising AMC, already made his England debut and looked the part. Unfortunately, Mason keeps him out of his preferred position and role in the team, but he has still impressed when he has played. Definitely one for the future.

View attachment 365746
Roman Novak, Plzen, 2015 (1.2m)
Again, pointed out by my scouts at another of my feeder clubs, Novak was wanted by Liverpool, Chelsea and Juve, to name a few. His mental stats for an 18 year old at the time were incredible, so I grabbed him for the low price of just over one million. Since then, I've rejected multiple 30m+ bids from Bayern, and only the resurgence of Isco at my B2B CM position has kept him out of the first XI.

View attachment 365745
Sam Watkins, Intake, 2017
Watkins and Simpson came through the same intake, and both have looked promising since they have made the jump into the fringes of the first team. They are still young, however, and have plenty of time to improve into class players yet.

View attachment 365742
James Simpson, Intake, 2017
As above, he came through the same intake as Watkins. Hoping that he will grow into a great defender, replacing Jones from my first team in a few years, perhaps.

Back