Show off your regen/newgen - FM14

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 774
  • Views Views 619K
I have seen a team of regens with long shots and free kicks that good!

How do you train them? Individually or other focus?

Just asking the assistant to set players focus, thats all. Actually they were already good when i buy them.

Got this guy in my very first youth intake, brought him on as a sub in the West Brom game the day after he signed a youth contract with me, making him the youngest player to ever play in the Premier League and Aston Villa. If I nurture him right he can become a star.

View attachment 361985

The forum won't let me post any links or images here! I'm a new member - is there a rule or something I've missed?

Realised I needed 5 posts before I could embed images - sorry for the double post.

Anyway, here's some of my Stockport Class of 2025. I'll show a bunch of my future prospects in another post to avoid clutter.

So, going from back to front, here are some of my best first-teamers:

View attachment 360980
First up we have Mo Camara. I signed him for about £5m just after he signed his first professional deal at 17 years old, since my scouts gave him 5* potential. He’s broken into the first team this year after a couple of decent loan spells and with his high ambition he’s developed beautifully so far this year with another full star of development to go yet. Could be a staple in the team for the next 10 or even 15 years.
View attachment 360972View attachment 360971
Next is the mainstay in defence – Edu Oliveira. I picked him up when I first got into the Premiership from Porto for a measly £235,000, and stuck him straight in the first team as his potential was enormous and my other centre half options weren’t the best at that time. He’s gone from strength to strength – a classy and consistent defender, his stats may not look all that special but look deeper and you’ll notice he’s an amazing all-rounder with no weaknesses. The perfect counterpart to a tall, physical brute of a centre-half, he has almost 200 league games for Stockport under his belt and his value is now over 100 times what I paid for him.
View attachment 360969
Next up is Ivo Sousa. I picked this guy up for around £12.5m from Benfica as my scouts raved about him; only once I’d signed him did I notice the Model Pro personality. He’s almost 23 now so he’ll be ready to tutor any time soon; his stats have absolutely rocketed despite the fact that he’s actually not a starter, since my captain (who I forgot to screenshot) starts in the LCM position. Still, a probably future captain and a brilliant tutor-to-be, Sousa is going to be a Stockport staple for years – I’ve already turned down bids of upwards of £35m from Real Madrid and he still has half a star's development left.
View attachment 360968
Here with have the wonderfully named Jamaica. I followed him for years and finally snapped him up from Santos (I think) for about £6m a couple of seasons ago; he’s only now becoming my first choice though ahead of a stalwart English newgen called Karl Green who I picked up for £8.5m from Newcastle when I first got promoted, who's now 27 years old and has peaked, whereas Jamaica's potential is far superior. This has been Jamaica's breakthrough season. His PA rating wobbles between 4.5 and 5 stars and he’s got a lot of developing to do yet - a whole star's worth in fact.
View attachment 360967
Guillermo Tunani is the greatest central midfielder in the world. I saw him early after he came through the youth system at PSG, and eventually I managed to get him at 22 years old for £27m, an eye-watering amount in my 2nd​ season in the Premiership. But I knew he’d be worth it. He can play either as a DLP or as a destructive BBM – he started as a sitting midfielder but as his stats rocketed upwards I realised I had to get him involved further up the pitch, and 13 goals and 13 assists last season showed it was worth changing the formation to suit him. I also taught him the Dictates Tempo and Shoots From Distance PPMs. Using Genie Scout I’ve discovered his PA is an obscene 195 – he’s currently sitting at 187 CA so he’s got a little bit more in him. A wonderful player.
View attachment 360966
Gastón Gutiérrez was a Real Madrid youth product, who slipped through the net with a criminally low release clause of £7.25m, so I duly obliged and snapped him up. His stats weren’t far off what they are here when I first bought him and when he joined his value jumped immediately to £22m. I think Real Madrid probably feel quite foolish. Naturally a playmaker, I’m training him to be natural up front as well, since I tend to play with 2 up front and a flat midfield 4. He’s a terrific technical player with half a star of development left and he’ll inherit the number 10 shirt as soon as the current incumbent retires. Speaking of which...

...now for the crown jewel.
View attachment 360965
Damien McClements.

What’s that you say? He’s mediocre? Nowhere near the class of Tunani! How could a player so average get in a title-winning team? Well... I have no idea. But before you judge him on just his stats, take a look at his history...
View attachment 360964View attachment 360963
Quite simply - and bear in mind I’ve been playing Football Manager for over 15 years - this guy is the best signing I’ve ever made. It doesn’t matter what level he plays at. The boy just scores. And scores. And scores. According to my scouts, he’s weak at Important Matches. Nonsense. It doesn’t matter if he’s playing Man City or Macclesfield. Feed McClements and he will score. There can't be many players who have scored the winning goal in the finals of both the Johnstone's Paint Trophy and the Club World Championship...

Youth products coming soon...

Last edited:
View attachment 360844
This guy has just come through my youth intake. He was banging them in for my U18 side so I thought I'd bung him in for a League Cup game and he scored 4 minutes into his debut, has now become the youngest ever scorer in the Champions League on my save and has now got 9 goals in 4 England U21 games. I've got high hopes for this young chap!!!

It's brilliant to see that you've stuck with that striker, despite him not having 'great' attributes.

Paid you back with goals, goals and goals!

Assuming you mean my boy McClements - I've been lucky with him timing-wise really. I picked him up from Sligo Rovers when I was in League 2 because my scouts in Ireland saw him and gave him "decent Premiership player" potential. He was only just 20 when he first signed, I think, and his current ability was good enough for a decent League 1 player. By the end of the next season he'd developed enough to be a decent Championship striker, and so on - basically he kept developing at the same pace as the club, so he was always good enough to be the star striker, right up till he hit his peak shortly after we got promoted to the Premiership. My AssMan (JA and JP both 20) rates him as a good Prem striker now, and he's N. Ireland's all-time record goalscorer now. I was absolutely buzzing when he beat David Healy's record. Obviously he's Stockport's record league goalscorer too, by about 100 goals - he beat that record about 5 years ago!

I guess what I'm saying is I've never really felt like I was "sticking" with him - he was always good enough for the level I was playing at, so I never bought any big-name strikers. Instead I bought a bunch of 16-18 year olds with potential, and they're just now hitting 21/22 so they'll take over when McClements starts to decline, which (with the best will in the world) won't be long now. You can see from his stats page that he's only played league games this season, and even then only 14 out of 23 or so - I've been giving my youngsters as much game time as possible, especially in the cups and the Champions League.

He'll be 31 when his contract expires - I think I'll give him one more deal, with a wage cut, so he can finish his career with his beloved Stockport. He'll play steadily less and less until he hangs up his boots, at which point I'll keep him on as a coach regardless of how good he is, unless of course he decides to leave the game entirely.

It's funny actually - I had 3 youngsters join the club at the same time as McClements. One was called Aidan Kelly, Irish lad who was my skipper for years but I sold him to Celtic last season. The other was a Scottish kid called Jordan Russell who's now Wolves' star striker as they yo-yo between the Championship and the Prem. All three were excellent signings who fired me all the way from League 2 to the Prem.

I love this game, you get such amazing stories.

Last edited:
Well, this happened on my career save with Hajduk Split today.....

[video=youtube;CG-ptaxCLYg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG-ptaxCLYg[/video]

Tommy Mansell...1 club man..hopefully on his way to breaking appearances and goals record at Everton...already smashed the English Scoring Record...won quite a lot of individual awards too!

Neville Southall League Appearances 578 Tommy Mansell 397
Dixie Dean League Goals 349 Tommy Mansell 269

He's only just turned 28 so plenty of time to break them! My best ever home grown regen I'd say

Got a lot of home grown regens but this guy is the pick of them for me...may upload the others at some point but there's about 12-13 of them at least! View attachment 360018 View attachment 360017 View attachment 360016

Tommy Mansell...1 club man..hopefully on his way to breaking appearances and goals record at Everton...already smashed the English Scoring Record...won quite a lot of individual awards too!

Neville Southall League Appearances 578 Tommy Mansell 397
Dixie Dean League Goals 349 Tommy Mansell 269

He's only just turned 28 so plenty of time to break them! My best ever home grown regen I'd say

Got a lot of home grown regens but this guy is the pick of them for me...may upload the others at some point but there's about 12-13 of them at least! View attachment 635565 View attachment 635568 View attachment 635571

Wow, looks fantastic! Very jealous of you, am Everton as well and have never had any decent players come from my youth intake

Just thought I would show some of my regens from my Everton save which has seen me win the premier league 9 times in a row amongst other trophies. I have made an attempt to keep some english players in my team as I think it is too easy to build a team of regens from other countries. Bear in mind I have many other real English players.

View attachment 359921
1. Reggie Short (STC) - English striker bought from Chelsea, unfortunately Chelsea didn't play him in his first seasons meaning he could have turned out a lot better than he did. It took years of negotiation to prise him away from them!

View attachment 359920
2. Wayne Nicholson (MC) - Bought from Newcastle in my second season. Hefty price tag but as usual you have to pay a premium for young english stars.

View attachment 359919
3. Tommy Connolly (LB) - Bought from Crystal Palace and has recently broken into the first team ahead of Luke Shaw after spending his time in my second team (I alternate between first and second team every game).

View attachment 359918
4. Stephen Morris (AML) - Not the most outstanding of players stats wise, but is still young, and grabs plenty of goals - last season he bagged 16 from the wing.

View attachment 359917
5. Joel Styles (RB) - Bought in this season from Chelsea to replace John Stones at right back in my second team. Once again not the most outstanding stats wise but he is still young.

View attachment 359914
6. Alexander Michalski (RB) - Versatile regen can play in CM/DM too. Fantastic stats and one of the best in the world on my game.

View attachment 359908
7. Hayri Yavuzel (CB) - Turkish centre back bought in on a free from Galatasary. Ever present in my squad and has improved considerably.

View attachment 359907
8. Luciano Silva (CB) - Most valuable CB on my game - bought from Barcelona for a bargain at 18m.

View attachment 359906
9. Edoardo Dolce (CB) - Bought a couple seasons ago and spent time on loan. Will move to my second squad in a couple of seasons time.

View attachment 359905
10. Alcides Martins (CB) - Passed up the opportunity to buy him a few seasons ago as I already had enough CBs, ended up buying him this season. Great stats especially teamwork and work rate.

View attachment 359904View attachment 359903View attachment 359902
11. Kyllian De Backer (AMC) - Left the best til' last. My favourite and best player I have had on any FM. HAs kept Ross Barkley (who is an Everton legend on my game) out of my first team for 4 seasons. Regularly scores and assists and gets massive average ratings, and still only 24! Amassed a phenomenal 30 competition wins through out his career. Bought him for 1.5m aswell.

I've posted him on here a couple of times, but I still can't get over how much he has improved under me in the last 7 seasons.

Here he is in 2014, fresh out of Aston Villa's academy...

View attachment 359581

And here he is now in 2021, as a Manchester United Icon. (somehow not a United legend... yet)

View attachment 359576View attachment 359575

And the scary thing is, he's been one of the best in the world since he was about 21. And he's still only 23...

Back