Show off your regen/newgen - FM15

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 737K
At current level i would say Kavanagh is a decent Championship player, his technical's hold him back.

As for Thomson, his tackling is poor to retrain him as a CM in my opinion. Playing him as an AMC will make him pretty effective in you league. Again, it's his technical attributes that let him down. If you could improve his passing and dribbling, then he'd be far more effective. His mental attributes alone will put him ahead of a lot of players in the SPL

At current level i would say Kavanagh is a decent Championship player, his technical's hold him back.

As for Thomson, his tackling is poor to retrain him as a CM in my opinion. Playing him as an AMC will make him pretty effective in you league. Again, it's his technical attributes that let him down. If you could improve his passing and dribbling, then he'd be far more effective. His mental attributes alone will put him ahead of a lot of players in the SPL

A CM-Attack isn't asked to contribute a lot defensively, so the tackling won't be a huge hinderance. His Positioning isn't great either, but he does have decent marking.

He's just an oddly-built player. The joys of regens and how they pop out of the virtual womb. There are going to be limitations to what he can do no matter how he is used. That said, its also understandable to want to play him if he's one of your own. My thought on him as an MC is that the limitations there - Passing, Tackling, Dribbling - feel a bit less concerning than his limitations further up the pitch.

Would it be wrong to spend my entire transfer budget on an 18 year old solely because his name is cool? Looks pretty amazing too though. I give you Jurgen Monster.

View attachment 309428

EDIT: Actually he looks genuinely boss. How would you train him? Mentally he would probably already be my best midfielder...

Last edited:
Would it be wrong to spend my entire transfer budget on an 18 year old solely because his name is cool? Looks pretty amazing too though. I give you Jurgen Monster.

View attachment 751865

EDIT: Actually he looks genuinely boss. How would you train him? Mentally he would probably already be my best midfielder...

Treq or Advanced Playmaker all the way. Possibly Roaming. Unless you acquire someone with really good mentals then forget about tutoring and just let him do his thing, he'll be fine. His tackling, positioning and strength look too weak to all reach a level where he could excel as a BTB, BWM or anything like that so just set him free and he should tear teams apart further up the field. I'd probably train him as AMC to further ease his defensive duties. Incidentally, I'm Danish and his surname means 'pattern', which isn't quite so cool. I much prefer the English pronunciation and he should, fittingly, turn out to be an absolute monster.

Jesus Christ, how much did you spend on these people? And how did you find them? And which LB are you going to start? Maybe retrain the Brazilian as RB. All amazing, the Italian probably looks the best though
Joao Paulo - £11 million
Krasniqi - £21 million (although i found him when he first came through at Orebro SK, but i was managing Indjija in Serbia at the time and he wasn't interested in a move there)
Serdal Savasan - £29 million plus add ons
Russo - Was my first signing when i took over Lyon and he was £13 million (a Brazilian who chose to play for Italy)

Joao Paulo is already trained to be a right back so i have him on the right and Servasan on the left as complete wing backs. As for finding them, i always trawl through the lists on regen dates and send my scouts to look at anyone who i think looks decent. Apart from Servasan, who i just happened to find in the scouting search when i filtered it to show the most valuable players with a max age of 17

Joao Paulo - £11 million
Krasniqi - £21 million (although i found him when he first came through at Orebro SK, but i was managing Indjija in Serbia at the time and he wasn't interested in a move there)
Serdal Savasan - £29 million plus add ons
Russo - Was my first signing when i took over Lyon and he was £13 million (a Brazilian who chose to play for Italy)

Joao Paulo is already trained to be a right back so i have him on the right and Servasan on the left as complete wing backs. As for finding them, i always trawl through the lists on regen dates and send my scouts to look at anyone who i think looks decent. Apart from Servasan, who i just happened to find in the scouting search when i filtered it to show the most valuable players with a max age of 17

Hm, that's pretty much exactly how I do it, I'll look a bit harder. Cracking players

Treq or Advanced Playmaker all the way. Possibly Roaming. Unless you acquire someone with really good mentals then forget about tutoring and just let him do his thing, he'll be fine. His tackling, positioning and strength look too weak to all reach a level where he could excel as a BTB, BWM or anything like that so just set him free and he should tear teams apart further up the field. I'd probably train him as AMC to further ease his defensive duties. Incidentally, I'm Danish and his surname means 'pattern', which isn't quite so cool. I much prefer the English pronunciation and he should, fittingly, turn out to be an absolute monster.

I'm looking out for a player who i could potentially sign solely with the intention of tutoring him, a very old Arturo Vidal is probably the best option. I've gone ahead and signed him, £2.2 million plus 500k after 50 league apps. For the potential he has it's a very good deal really, and much below what my scouts were expecting. I'm a little concerned about his vision for a playmaker role, hopefully it will be nearer 9 than 6. Is there any way beyond tutoring to notably improve a players vision?

Haha that's interesting, knowing what British teams are like he would become the main point of all their advertising for new kits etc the same way Norwich advertised their kit with the slogan "be afraid of the big bad wolf" with van Wolfswinkel who then scored 1 goal all season.

Back