Show off your regen/newgen - FM15

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 737K
Possibly the best 17 yr old i have ever seen. Unfortunately he's at Bayern and has absolutely no intention of joining me :'(

Is it just me or does it get boring with all the seriously over powered regens?

Possibly the best 17 yr old i have ever seen. Unfortunately he's at Bayern and has absolutely no intention of joining me :'(

Could do with a bit of crossing training, pretty much everything else is there to be first choice at Bayern already. Unfortunately he won't get a game for them as they have 15 other 17-year-old world class left backs who also wouldn't dream of leaving. He'll no doubt retire a one-club-man at 35 with 150+ Turkey caps and having played about 12 games for Bayern.

Could do with a bit of crossing training, pretty much everything else is there to be first choice at Bayern already. Unfortunately he won't get a game for them as they have 15 other 17-year-old world class left backs who also wouldn't dream of leaving. He'll no doubt retire a one-club-man at 35 with 150+ Turkey caps and having played about 12 games for Bayern.
I thought the same, but after posting that last night, Bayern got knocked out the Champions League in the group stage (God knows how as they have a brilliant team) and i'm still in it. So he was suddenly interested in coming to me. Got him for £29mil plus add ons...
And the first thing i did was put him on training for his crossing. He's gonna be a beast

I thought the same, but after posting that last night, Bayern got knocked out the Champions League in the group stage (God knows how as they have a brilliant team) and i'm still in it. So he was suddenly interested in coming to me. Got him for £29mil plus add ons...
And the first thing i did was put him on training for his crossing. He's gonna be a beast

Not exactly a bargain for a 17-year-old, but he should be worth it.

I never edit but i just mean like every player seems to be world class!!!

I think it's great. Whereas on previous versions of the game if you played the game for 10+ seasons, you would have be able to have pretty much every world class regen in your team, dominate everything and other teams wouldn't get a look in.
At least on FM15, with the amount of good regens on there, they are usually spread about a bit more

I never edit but i just mean like every player seems to be world class!!!

I'd have to disagree with you. I'd expect to have a pretty great team after 10-15 seasons(depending on the size of the club you're managing), but there have been occasions where I've been unable to find a decent player for a certain position, especially left back and keeper, IN THE WHOLE GAME! Even searching for all players for that position in the game world, regardless of whether they'd be available or not, I've sometimes come up with nothing more than a 2.5 star rating. Even supposing the rest of your team is world class or close to it, surely there'd be at least one? Quality strikers, on the other hand, seem to be ridiculously numerous compared with most other positions.

"Under transfer bid", I wonder who that could be...? Sell the rest of your team if you have to, this guy will beat teams on his own. And 16 years old, crazy!

So I've had this player on loan for a season and a bit now, he's 19 and has only made 65 senior appearances, all for me. I first got him after being in desperate need of a striker and recalled seeing him described as "the new Michael Owen" (and now "the new Gary Lineker") so thought I'd give him a go.

In 65 appearances he's so far managed 44 goals and 34 assists.

Opinions?

1024x575.resizedimage

So I've had this player on loan for a season and a bit now, he's 19 and has only made 65 senior appearances, all for me. I first got him after being in desperate need of a striker and recalled seeing him described as "the new Michael Owen" (and now "the new Gary Lineker") so thought I'd give him a go.

Opinions?

For Berwick, he'll destroy teams with his pace and movement off the ball

Opinions?

For Berwick, he'll destroy teams with his pace and movement off the ball

What sort of level do you think he would be elsewhere? Prem for example, he's 4 gold stars for me, and one black, all coaches saying he can improve significantly still.

In 20 starts in all comps (inc. Champions League) so far he's got 16 goals, 13 assists, 6 POM with an average rating of 7.61.

Thoughts and any advice on developing this guy would be very very appreciated too.

1CB6545E6D620DF765AD7D7E3653203E0F088F76
94B58E1D08604E821FDCAFCE89DB38D3BFB066DC

Thoughts and any advice on developing this guy would be very very appreciated too.

Regarding Thomson?

He's a slightly odd player. Not really an ideal AMC for any usage - not creative enough for a playmaker, not really god enough in front of goal to be a second striker. He might do well in those roles, even excel, depending on the level of competition. But as a top level player, he looks limited.

I would almost pull him further back and train him as an attacking MC. He will still have some limitations but I think they might be less overt if you have him a bit further from goal.

Regarding Thomson?

He's a slightly odd player. Not really an ideal AMC for any usage - not creative enough for a playmaker, not really god enough in front of goal to be a second striker. He might do well in those roles, even excel, depending on the level of competition. But as a top level player, he looks limited.

I would almost pull him further back and train him as an attacking MC. He will still have some limitations but I think they might be less overt if you have him a bit further from goal.

He's (somehow) managed 29 goals and 28 assists in spite of his relatively poor attributes, and his dribbling is fairly dreadful too for an AMC, even at his age for this level. He's made team of the year for the last 3 years too but I'm kind of forcing him into the team at the moment and he's not offering a massive amount.

Which role would suit him best do you think? CM or AP perhaps? He's recommended for MC as a romaing playmaker, but I haven't any experience with using that role so far. I'm quite keen to ensure he's a starter as he came through my ranks and is about the only decent player in 7 years. He's been getting around 30 games a season in SL1, SC and now SPL over about 5 years, but he seems to have hit a bit of a wall in his development.

He's (somehow) managed 29 goals and 28 assists in spite of his relatively poor attributes, and his dribbling is fairly dreadful too for an AMC, even at his age for this level. He's made team of the year for the last 3 years too but I'm kind of forcing him into the team at the moment and he's not offering a massive amount.

Which role would suit him best do you think? CM or AP perhaps? He's recommended for MC as a romaing playmaker, but I haven't any experience with using that role so far. I'm quite keen to ensure he's a starter as he came through my ranks and is about the only decent player in 7 years. He's been getting around 30 games a season in SL1, SC and now SPL over about 5 years, but he seems to have hit a bit of a wall in his development.

He might be one of those players who outplays his skills for whatever reason, or it might just be the level of competition not finding him out.

I guess the real question would be what kind of formation do you run and where does he fit best? Because you don't probably don't want to decide to use him as a particular role that you will have to rework to make fit. It also depends on what your team has and/or needs. The one thing I will say is that a solid, attack-minded MC isn't hard to find for the most part, although a few of his skills make him unique (strength, Off the Ball).

But beyond that, I would say just a straight MC-Attack or MC-Support. His mental attributes should help him there. His Dribbling and his Passing let him down a bit but you can still be effective, I expect, unless you ask him to be the midfield fulcrum. That's why I would probably avoid the Advanced Playmaker role - he doesn't have the Passing, Vision, or Flair that would let him rock that one. Rotate his training focus on Passing and Dribbling. He should still score some with his Long Shots and Decisions. Pair him with a Box-to-Box MC or a more defensive-minded one. Maybe even a DLP.

Back