Show off your regen/newgen - FM15

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 737K
Cracking player, bit of a coup for Leyton Orient!
Indeed, couldn't believe my luck in even finding him let alone him wanting to sign for us. He's become a bit of whiny **** though I'm sad to say. In terms of wanting to go places, world class potential and all. The nerve of some people ;)

Indeed, couldn't believe my luck in even finding him let alone him wanting to sign for us. He's become a bit of whiny **** though I'm sad to say. In terms of wanting to go places, world class potential and all. The nerve of some people ;)

what league are you in with leyton orient and what club did you get him from cuz daaamn he good.

So, yeah some of these regens are pretty awesome...I am pretty sure I have never seen any like this in any game I have played of FM. I'm not saying these are edited or anything but how common do you find these sorts of players are? Especially the ones at 17/18 who are better than Messi. Think i must be searching for them badly

So, yeah some of these regens are pretty awesome...I am pretty sure I have never seen any like this in any game I have played of FM. I'm not saying these are edited or anything but how common do you find these sorts of players are? Especially the ones at 17/18 who are better than Messi. Think i must be searching for them badly

Maybe some of them are edited, maybe they're not. I can almost guarantee not all of them are. I don't have any insane regens like this in my game yet, though I do have some world class regens in my team. But in FM 13 and 14 I had regens that were on Messi level before the age of 20. But they are not common, on the contrary they are very rare. But at the same time, it's random, so it could very well happen to you in your next youth intake. Even if it doesn't, that doesn't mean everyone who's posting here are liars. They just got lucky.

Maybe some of them are edited, maybe they're not. I can almost guarantee not all of them are. I don't have any insane regens like this in my game yet, though I do have some world class regens in my team. But in FM 13 and 14 I had regens that were on Messi level before the age of 20. But they are not common, on the contrary they are very rare. But at the same time, it's random, so it could very well happen to you in your next youth intake. Even if it doesn't, that doesn't mean everyone who's posting here are liars. They just got lucky.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying people are lying. I'd be surprised if some weren't edited to be honest but I get it that these players can pop up in a game - i've just never seen any this good at that age in saves I've played.

This year's version does seem a bit friendly with regens. Seeing quite a lot of "wonderkids" around, when I was Man Utd I was buying 4/5 every year. Some were not what I'd call wonderkids, but hey ho

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying people are lying. I'd be surprised if some weren't edited to be honest but I get it that these players can pop up in a game - i've just never seen any this good at that age in saves I've played.

I'd be surprised too. But yeah, it can happen. I had an african midfielder (don't remember his name or nationality) in FM13 who was just insane, I don't think he had more than 2 or 3 attributes below 15, most of them were 16-19. There's bound to be regens with a PA of 190+, it's just a matter of having a little luck getting them in your game and then actually finding them before it's too late. I'm in 2020 in my game now, and still haven't had any monsters like many in this thread.

But I do have some pretty **** good ones. I sorted them by age, oldest to youngest:

View attachment 301654

View attachment 301650

View attachment 301655

View attachment 301653

View attachment 301647

View attachment 301656

View attachment 301652

View attachment 301648

View attachment 301657

View attachment 301651

View attachment 301649

The game generates enough really impressive newgens that editing isn't really necessary at all.

A favorite trick of mine over the past few versions is to have the MLS running as a full league on any new game I start. There is then a batch of first-day newgens created. On past versions, they would be American (occassionally Canadian or Mexican) and often MLS Draft protected, but there would often be one or two with really high PA (170-plus). Sometimes more. On FM15, the same thing happens but its better - they are never MLS Draft protected and some will have EU nationalities. Not just as second nationalities but often as the primary. It seems like it may be linked to the leagues you are running, but I've seen lots of English, German, French, Brazilian, Argentinian, and similar. Easiest way to find them is to use a scouting tool right at the start - if you are a club of any size, you can sign them to Hot Prospect contracts for no compensation and if they are at least 18 years old, they arrive immediately. You can also just spend time looking through the amateur clubs in the US and scouting ones that look interesting.

Case in point - a game I recently started had two remarkably similar newgens created. Both had CA of 100 and PA of 200. Both were 18 with very good Professionalism, Ambition, and Determination. One was an American striker and the other was a German/Albanian DM. Not perfect stats for their respective positions but both very likely to develop into world class players.

Although to have 2 with PA that high doesn't happen frequently with MLS first-day newgens, its not a total anomaly. A game I started last night had an 18 year old French striker with 198 PA. A Fulham gave recently gave me England's #1 of the future. A game with a Prem club that has no real youth development to speak of gave me about 8 players of PA 140-plus who I signed right at the very start to stock the reserves with good prospects.

The game typically seems to generate high potential newgens with CAs in the 80-110 range, with the occassional one showing up with a CA of up to 125. Outside of the first-day batch, newgens are often 15 and 16 years old and oftenhave CA in that 80-110 range. Given that a fringe top division player in a top league is going to be about 120-130 CA, with someone in the 140 area being a likely solid starter, you can definitely find young players who can make an immediate impact. With high potential, good personality, and good facilities, they can develop rapidly with even an AI club. Which is how you see ridiculous looking 16 and 17 year olds.

Both had CA of 100 and PA of 200. Both were 18 with very good Professionalism, Ambition, and Determination.

But using tools like Genie Scout to see hidden attributes kinda takes away the point in scouting, and in turn the enjoyment of finding good prospects, no? If you already know exactly how good they are and how good they'll become, where's the fun in it? It's like buying a steak at a restaurant and calling it hunting. But to each their own, I guess.

But using tools like Genie Scout to see hidden attributes kinda takes away the point in scouting, and in turn the enjoyment of finding good prospects, no? If you already know exactly how good they are and how good they'll become, where's the fun in it? It's like buying a steak at a restaurant and calling it hunting. But to each their own, I guess.

You are entirely correct. I agree. Using a scouting tool does take away some of the immersion and enjoyment. There is definitely less of a sense of accomplishment in finding a great regen than if you do purely in-game. In a direct way, its similar to editing - whether to give your club a huge amount of funds or to create top prospects yourself.

I think I enjoy FM more without the external tools. But I typically fall into the trap as its much easier to find good coaches for the club that way than entirely in game, which I find annoying. It can also be really annoying to realize you missed on a top young player, especially those ones you find and scout but your scout gives 3 stars to, so you don't bother, only to see them join Porto or Atletico, become a world class player, and join Manchester City for 75m. That's rage-inducing lol. It also depends on the game I'm running. Some games, I will try to avoid using it at all. The more "serious" ones. Goof around ones, I care less. Also depends on if I'm a bigger club to start with and whether there are already some good young players at the club.

i disagree,genie does give you an insight in what they can be in the future but game time and the club they play for can have immense impact on what they would turn out to be and it is pretty evident that stats arent everything in this game, so even a very good player playing in a wrong set up wont give good performances. also never trust genie as the end authority, ive already posted a few pics of surprise regens who turned out awesome despite average or poor ca/pa ratings as well as hidden attributes from genie..... for those who dont want to go back to that post here is the guy whom i signed for my youth team only because my u18s didnt have enough central midfielders, he had horrible hidden attributes and according to genie many of his attributes were not going to go over 12 and this is how he turned out to be

View attachment 301555

i disagree,genie does give you an insight in what they can be in the future but game time and the club they play for can have immense impact on what they would turn out to be and it is pretty evident that stats arent everything in this game, so even a very good player playing in a wrong set up wont give good performances. also never trust genie as the end authority, ive already posted a few pics of surprise regens who turned out awesome despite average or poor ca/pa ratings as well as hidden attributes from genie..... for those who dont want to go back to that post here is the guy whom i signed for my youth team only because my u18s didnt have enough central midfielders, he had horrible hidden attributes and according to genie many of his attributes were not going to go over 12 and this is how he turned out to be

So you're is argument is Genie scout got it wrong by saying he would be an average player? And he turned out to be.....an average player. Great stuff

So you're is argument is Genie scout got it wrong by saying he would be an average player? And he turned out to be.....an average player. Great stuff

according to genie he wasnt even worth signing and he turned out to be as good as nick powell when he was 21

Back