how do you found those awesome regens?
i never found those awesome ones :(

i dont understand why, my regens only join me in like 3 years.. :s can anyone explain me. it's because they're age?

Last edited:
I'm surprised people have had such bad luck on the game. I found this one a little late, about 6 months after he'd appeared. 26 million I payed but worth every penny. The guy is a beast infront of goal.

albertoruiz.jpg

Also had this guy come through my youth academy, you certainly need a bit of luck in that respect. He's classed as a wonder kid and he only turned 17 not long ago. I got Aguero to train him and change his mentality to driven, determination = 20. It should help his development as well as his match performances as a result.

joefoster.jpg

I had a thin squad but managed to win the Prem, FA Cup and Champs League this year. Liverpool have been **** tough to beat but I have figured out how to play them. 4-1-4-1. Starves Gerrard and Torres of space and time, Liverpool literally are a two man team lol :D
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For finding regens, just need to throw a few filters in and have some basic knowledge.

1. English regens come in on 24th July soon as you are set targets for the new season. Other countries vary but this is when the game is populated. Gives you an idea of when it's best to hunt for fresh talent.

2. Value is normally reflective of potential at this early stage, if you have to pay a high compensation cost you more than likely have someone who will make it with training.

To search for them I filter out anybody above 21, and put a value criteria of "must be more than" 500,000-1 million in value. Then sort via attribute to see who has got the starting stats. Some have potential but are too poor to begin with.

It takes a while for some regens abroad to come under your scouting scope. If you don't hide attributes it's well worth taking a look at academies & first teams of major clubs. They'll have some 16-18 year old talents in them most likely.

Last edited:
Ive found some great regens in FM09, ive only just started my second season in FM10 so still a little early but hope to pick up one or two soon.

Finding a great regen or transforming a youth product into a star player is far more rewarding than any high profile signing for mega millions....

yeah totally agree im in my second season ive signed 9 regens in 2 seasons and deeloping them with the training and seeing them perform is far more rewarding. signed an irish lad for 40k last season from st pats athletic, 12 assists in 13 games. hes been a class act and has made a few appearances for the national team now

DeanoW13 would you please tell me what filters u use to find regens in Genie Scout?
or accept my invitation in MSN that i sent to add you.

Iv found some fantastic young regens on my game and I havnt even finished my first season yet...just bring the table up and go thru each squads under 18's/19's/20's/Reserves and get FM to list them by value...usually a good indicator on potential.

Just came across this guy. I bought him for 3.2M which was his release clause. probably could have bought him for a million. Here he is compared to Fabregas. Just needs improvement on his mental stats.

Last edited:
My central defender regen payed like 25 mil for him but worth it.

Just started my second season and signed this lad for £3m

DeanoW13 - sorry but that's one of the most hideous skin i have ever seen on an FM game :)

Here are my regens... When i discovered them i almost danced :p

Last edited:
that portuguese player that u found is awesome.

and im from portugal.

my other regens i forgot to put on

The "next Ashley Cole" it says. Hope we'll see "the next Cheryl Cole" knocking around Ashton gate next season then. ha

this lad looks like he'll be taking the left back/wing spot in the England team soon. already in the U21 match sqaud

View attachment 16093

not a bad centre half coming through the ranks too. he's moved Sol Campbell into the reserves now

View attachment 16094