Sevilla 2014-2015

GK: Zieler, Beto
RB: Coleman, Figueiras
CB: Fazio, Kana-Biyik, Caulker, Zouma (on loan)
LB: Moreno, Navarro
DM: Rincon, Igvjovski
CM: Romero, Rode, Cristoforo
AM: Rakitic, Stanciu
RM: Jairo, Herrmann (on loan)
LM: Vitolo,
ST: Bacca, Gameiro, Batshuayi

I'm in 2023, so I need to post screenshots. I have very few real people actually in and around my first team squad anymore (and they're obvious).

Goalkeeper:

Micheal Morton

View attachment 367605

I've only got one player here. I don't need another, he's yet to get an injury. Came through the youth ranks, back in the first season, along with one other player on this list. It was a good year, in my intake. England's first choice goalkeeper since Joe Hart broke his arm, Morton is a very solid option in between the sticks, and will no doubt remain so for at least another decade.

Central Defense:

Marcel Bakker

View attachment 367649

Eder Alvarez Balanta

View attachment 367651

Borja Martin

View attachment 367604

Andrezinho

View attachment 367652

Marquinhos

View attachment 367650

This is, in all likelihood, the second strongest area of the side, with our 5th choice defender being Marquinhos. Andrezinho was one of two players in this squad who came from a fruitful partnership with America RN, who were my feeder club for 4 years. The three heavyweights, however, are Borja Martin, Eder Alvarez Balanta and Marcel Bakker. I've got quite a bit of guilt over Martin, he is the second most expensive player in Newcastle history. I was given 80 million pounds to spend, and spent 60 of it on this guy. I've not yet spent more than 25 million pounds on a single player since. He's probably third choice right now, but he's challenging Balanta for that first choice. Balanta needs no introduction, of course, but he is outshone by Marcel Bakker. Bought from Feyeenord for 17.5 million in the third season, he's proved the best investment I've made on Football Manager. Ever.

Right back:

Joseph Fall

View attachment 367657

Sebastian Kowalewski

View attachment 367653

I have the best right hand side in world football, and part of that reason is the team's vice captain, Joseph Fall. He is the highest valued defender in the world, and second highest valued overall. He came second in the world golden ball less than a month ago, and that is the highest I have ever seen a defender reach. He narrowly loses out on the greatest investment prize due to Bakker's contribution in big games, and Bakker's lack of injury proneness, but he is fantastic in both aspects regardless. He has averaged between 40 and 45 games a season for the last 4 seasons, and is the greatest right back ever. The closest comparison would be a mix of Maldini and Roberto Carlos. Not quite as good offensively as Carlos, but that's the only complaint I have, and when that is the only complaint I have about a full back, I'm satisfied. I brought in Kowalewski as backup and a potential challenger for a first team role, but he is eclipsed by Fall.

Left Back:

Gustavo Kasburg

View attachment 367659

Luke Shaw

View attachment 367658

Kasburg is as good offensively as Roberto Carlos, but not quite as good defensively as Maldini. That's pretty much a full summary of him. Unfortunately, he is a bit more injury prone than Fall is. He too popped up in the first season, just like Morton did, but he did not sign for us until the season before last. His history page reads as a 'world's giants' list of clubs, with Boca, Barcelona, Dortmund, PSG, Barcelona again and us having paid his wages at some point in the last eight years. Shaw is the best possible backup, homegrown, gets enough playing time to be satisfied, non-controversial, and a fantastic player against smaller teams, due to his superior attacking stats, in comparison to his defensive stats. Despite this difference, I would have no problems with starting him in the Champion's League Final, should Kasburg be out of form or injured in some way. Keeps Kasburg on his toes, and when one doesn't perform, the other will take their place for a few weeks.

Defensive Midfield:

Dean Butterworth

View attachment 367661

Vladimir Petrov

View attachment 367671

I wasn't certain whether or not to classify this, or to include these two in the Central Midfield section, but when I'm playing against the likes of Real Madrid and the like, I do play with a tactic involving Defensive Midfielders, and when these two are played in the center of the park, they do play a more defensive role anyway (usually either a CM (D) or a DLP (S/D)). Butterworth is first choice here, he was bought from Southampton at age 18, and turned 19 not too long later. As a result, he fulfills one of the helpful 'trained in club' criterion, and is essentially an English, 24 year old Pirlo, without the free-kicks. He acts as a Regista or DLP, often with a 'more direct passes' instruction, and rarely finishes a game without 100 completed passes, with rarely fewer then 5 key passes. Petrov was brought in very highly rated, from a Manchester City squad that had an excess of central midfielders, but he has not managed to replicate what I expected from him. Useful backup he is, but he is not the new Yaya Toure I had been hoping for. Still one of the best players in the world at his role.

Central Midfield.

Paul Pogba

View attachment 367660

Dmitry Svezhov

View attachment 367610

Max Stone

View attachment 367673

Leo

View attachment 367662

This is definitely my strongest area. There are two or three others who are in and around the first team who are not on this list because otherwise the list becomes too bloated. The only name you are likely to know here is Pogba. He is world class, and was recently such an inspiration to a french side lacking Fall, that he ended up guiding them to a world cup by himself, nearly. No introductions needed, you can see that he is as good as always. Svezhov is his partner in crime in the center of the park, with the two of them bossing every game they play together, in spite of Svezhov's tiny size. Svezhov has been at my club for two and a half seasons now, and was a bargain at 22.5 million (release clause my DoF spotted). Since he arrived and joined forces with Pogba, I have yet to lose a game in which they are playing together. Next is a player who had to be retrained to play this far back, and I can't decide where is better for him, here or in the AM slot. He performs in both, and should probably actually have more England caps. His lack of goals for England can be explained due to the deeper role in a more rigid setup he has to take playing internationally. He came through our youth ranks, and is a model professional, with no tutoring. A fantastic prospect. Lastly on this list of Central midfielders is the other player who came from out partnership with America RN. Leo. With fantastic technical stats, and not much focus on the physical aspect of the game, he will be a top, top player for years to come. He is more suited to being slightly deeper role, but he has a slightly annoying PPM that I can't seem to shake of 'runs with ball down the right flank'. He came with it, but I didn't think that he'd be suited to life on the wings. When you consider that the two DMs I talked about, Butterworth and Petrov are both CMs as well, and are very good defenders, the middle of the park must be thought of as the strongest area of the team.

Advanced Midfielders.

Mario Gotze

View attachment 367665

Micheal Jung

View attachment 367666

Bare in mind that Stone and Leo are both adept at this role, Mario Gotze and Micheal Jung are both very good options, with good technical abilities and a good workrate. They are good all rounders, but in comparison to the rest of the squad, they do not appear to have anything that sets themselves at that level. Very very good players. World class? No.

Right Wingers.

Adnan Januzaj

View attachment 367676

Darryl Ramos

View attachment 367674

Right, now Adnan Januzaj does play through the center about half of the time, but I'm including him in the right wingers section because it is where he performs best. And what needs to be said about those stats. With him and Fall advancing down the same side of the pitch, I often feel sorry for whoever my opponent's left back is. He is the highest valued player in the world, has won the golden ball and world player of the year award three times in a row. The one downside was his cost, 70 million in the third season, making him the most expensive player in Newcastle's history, and third only behind Ronaldo and Bale to Madrid in the all time charts. Ramos is a very good player, and is commonly my first choice on the right flank, either due to me playing wingers further back or due to Januzaj playing through the center. He played 2 seasons for Everton before joining us on deadline day of the previous season for a 10 million pound release clause in his contract. I was initially skeptical of bringing him in, but he's proved me wrong. I'm working to improve his finishing, but it is currently the only flaw in his game.

Left Wingers.

Christian Vecchiarelli

View attachment 367675

Raheem Sterling

View attachment 367664

Gotze can cover this position too, but Vecchiarelli is my first choice, easily. I bought him when he turned 18, thinking that I could use him to fill the Home Grown Status requirements in a few years, played him in some cup games, and have hardly been able to bench him since. He was the left winger in the team of the year a couple weeks ago, and won the European golden boy at the same time, as well as coming in third for world golden ball, behind Januzaj and (somehow) Raheem Sterling himself. Sterling hasn't really played all that much for me, and has been in and out of the side, covering multiple positions, but not really getting a run in the first team. I have no idea how he did so well in the Golden Ball.

Strikers.

Joseph Owona

View attachment 367663

Nana Addae

View attachment 367668

Florain Schroder

View attachment 367667

This is another strong area of mine, and I'm limiting my strikers to my three best. Schroder is taking his chances in cup competitions, when he gets them, but not performing when I'm giving him a chance to in the league. Fortunately, I have both Addae and Owona, the two best strikers in world football. After admiring Owona's stats, take a look at Addae's international record. Which is better? I go for Owona, but Addae never fails to impress. Addae came in the first intake as well as Morton and Leo. Such a good intake for me. Addae, in spite of not being first choice striker in my tactic, has beaten the team captain Owona to the World Team of the Year twice in a row now, despite Owona scoring more. Oh well, far worse problems to have, right?

Amazing team Strolla, and I love the fact you have some world class English talent as well/ How many prems/champs leagues you won?

9 and 8, respectively. We are the dominant force in world football now. The first 2 in both were lucky, and more to do with other team's failing than us winning (first season in the champs league, the only challenging team I got was in the final, and against an injury struck Man City. They were without Aguero, Silva, Kompany and Hart, second I ended up playing Celtic in the final if memory serves me right). Since then, we've just swept everything, with the one exception of the European Super Cup, which I have lost twice.

9 and 8, respectively. We are the dominant force in world football now. The first 2 in both were lucky, and more to do with other team's failing than us winning (first season in the champs league, the only challenging team I got was in the final, and against an injury struck Man City. They were without Aguero, Silva, Kompany and Hart, second I ended up playing Celtic in the final if memory serves me right). Since then, we've just swept everything, with the one exception of the European Super Cup, which I have lost twice.
Grats mate, not surprised you dominate world football with that team, any scouting advice to try and attract world class players?

Look in the youth ranks of the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid. Also, some regens, in places like Russia and Spain have low release clauses. Look at the young player of the year in the big leagues, and see if they're avaliable for cheap. Also, look at the big clubs who under performed, some players will be unhappy and transfer listed. Other than that, buy young, buy good, and don't be afraid to spend a little big on a young player.

Liverpool 1st season (LFCMarshalls update)

GK: Reina
RB: Johnson
DC: Agger
DC: Sakho
DL: Enrique
MC: Khedira
MC: Gerrard
AMR: Cuadrado
AMC: Coutinho
AML: Suarez
ST: Sturridge

Subs: Mignolet, Balanta, Flanagan, Can, Sterling, Lambert, Suso

Chelsea 1st season (LFCMarshalls Update)

GK: T.Courtois
RB: C.Azpilicueta
CB: J.Terry
CB: M.Caceres
LB: Filipe
DM: N.Matic
CM: C.Fabregas/Oscar
RW: Willian/A.Sachez
LW: E.Hazard
ST: R.Lukaku
ST: D.Costa/J.Martinez

Subs G.Ochoa, B.Ivanovic, G.Cahill, S.Samper, D.Ba, A.Schurrle, V.Moses

Liverpool 1st season (LFCMarshalls update)

GK: Reina
RB: Johnson
DC: Agger
DL: Enrique
MC: Gerrard
AMR: Cuadrado
AMC: Coutinho
AML: Suarez
ST: Sturridge

Subs: Mignolet, Balanta, Flanagan, Can, Sterling, Lambert, Suso

Now in my 4th season, and my squad is:

GK: ter Stegen
DR: Flanagan
DC: Doria
DL: Alex Sandro
MC: Kroos
AMR: Sterling
AMC: Sneijder
AML: J Rodriguez
ST: Ibrahimovic

Barcelona 5th season:

GK: Jack Butland
DR: Gino Peruzzi
DC: Gianni Galluzzo (regen)
DC: Gerard Pique
DL: Luke Shaw
DMC: Sven Bender
MC: Leon Goretzka
AMR: Erik Lamela
AMC: James Rodriguez
AML: Neymar
ST: Messi

Subs include J. F. Quintero, Verratti, Canales, N. Stanciu

Crystal Palace 2nd Season

GK - Fraser Forster

DR - Chris Solly
DC - Mario Samprisi
DC - Ryan Bennett
DL - Andrew Robertson

MC - Joe Ledley
MC - Jose Campagna

AMR - Thorgen Hazard
AMC - Hiroshi Kiyotake
AML - Iago Falque

ST - Jordan Rhodes

Currently on course for a Europa league spot hopefully... Highly recommend Samprisi

Manchester United, 2019/20 First XI

-snip-​

An update from this post, now in 2022:

Goalkeepers:

David De Gea

View attachment 351585

Luis Painter

View attachment 351584

After dropping Areola to Cardiff City for an 8m pound profit in 2020, I decided to bring through Painter to be the ever-present De Gea's understudy. Being the England boss as well, I'm starting to bleed him into the team against the minnows (eg, San Marino, Malta etc) and he has performed well whenever asked for club and country. DDG, on the other hand, is pretty much the best GK in the game, forming a formidable line with the defenders coming up.

Centre-Backs

Phil Jones (Captain Fantastic)

View attachment 351583

Matthias Ginter

View attachment 351582

Andy Berry

View attachment 351581

James Simpson

View attachment 351580

At CB, I've been pretty well stocked since the start of the game. The partnership used to be Jones and Evans, before I signed Ginter for 28m from Schalke. Since then, I've signed Berry for 35m from Spurs, sold him for the same amount to Watford, then this last January window bought him back again for, you guessed it, 35m. Although, his 2 and a half years at Watford (who by now are pushing year in year out for CL qualification) seems to have really improved him, and my club partnership of Berry and Jones is also the national one. Simpson was a lad I got through my intake, and has looked solid whenever he has played. He'll probably take Jones' place when the defensive genius eventually slows down.

Right Back

Louis Johansen

View attachment 351577

Renan

View attachment 351576

Mathias Dolk

View attachment 351575

All three bought for a combined 5m pounds, Johansen has been a monstrous mainstay in my team since I sold Rafael. Initially only worth 1m from Copenhagen, he's now subject to constant bids from AS Monaco of upwards of 40m. Renan, I got through my Brazilian feeder club, for the measly price of 850k. Now he's one of the best wingbacks in European football, along with Johansen. Dolk I spotted when I was Sweden boss back in 2016, and he is very much my version of John O'Shea, plays anywhere and never complains.

Left Backs

Luke Shaw

View attachment 351571

Ciaron Garner

View attachment 351570

Paul Foster

View attachment 351569

And here is my left side. Shaw and Johansen are pretty much the best flanks in World Football, since Shaw arrived for 25m in 2014 he's been my number one left back and repaid his fee over tenfold, easy. Garner and Foster are both academy products with massive futures ahead of them, Garner who can play on either side, and Foster who laves to bomb forward like Shaw. You may have noticed I like flexibility in my player's positions, and that becomes a common theme for the rest of the team.

Defensive Midfield

Nelson Carrillo

View attachment 351567

Marco Verratti

View attachment 351566

A position where I'm not stocked particularly well, however my tactic only calls for a single DM, so these two and a few academy prospects easily fill the quota. Carrillo is quite possibly the best defensive minded midfielder in the world, and at 7.5m from Velez, he's possibly one of the best bargains too. Verratti is, to be honest, an expensive benchwarmer, but he doesn't complain too much and is still a very good player.

Central Midfield

Marcelo Candia

View attachment 351565

Roman Novak

View attachment 351564

Steve Lake

View attachment 351563

Again, with my formation only calling for 1 B2B midfielder, there are players I could have put here but will probably be included later (or not at all, with regards to Eden Hazard and Leo Messi, who are both getting rather old now and have lost their places). Candia won the European Golden Boy for his last season performances in the ST position, but for this season I decided to play him at his other natural role of CM. And ****, has it paid off. The best I can describe him as is a 20 year old Argentine Yaya Toure. Bombs forward, gets assists, goals, integrates fantastically into flowing moves with the AM trio and provides the bridge from Carrillo to the front men. Novak cost me 1.7m in 2015, and since then has been great - up until this year he was CM 1st choice - and can fill in often at CM or the Treq role in the AMC trio. Lake is an Academy prospect who I have high hopes for, along with Painter he's been getting some international runouts against the minnow nations. All three will pass as homegrown at club also, which is fantastic.

Attacking Midfield

Michael Mason

View attachment 351561

Michael Otto

View attachment 351560

Javier Villalba

View attachment 351559

Erik Lamela

View attachment 351558

Adnan Januzaj

View attachment 351557

Marco Capaccioli

View attachment 351556

Jim Cornhill

View attachment 351555

Now this is the main part of my team. My formation plays 3 tight AMCs behind a single striker, and the mainstay of this trio are Mason, Otto and Villalba. Such is the talent in this group, that including others not on this list (Hazard, Messi), I could play any combination of 4 Ballon D'Or winners (Mason, Messi, Lamela, Otto) and 5 European Golden Boy winners (Mason, Villalba, Candia, Otto, Werner). Michael Mason is the gem of my side, English, HG, Golden Ball winner and still only 24. Signed for possibly the best 15m ever spent from Aston Villa, he's just hit 200 league apps for me, along with around 40 competition wins. Villalba was a steal, 4.4m from Galatasaray from under the noses of the now-inferior European clubs such as Barca, Real and Bayern. Otto, on the other hand, I had an eye on for 4 years after he joined Wolfsburg, and in 2021 he requested a transfer for the modest sum of 71m. I paid it without even thinking, even if it was to stop City having such a talent. Lamela has been unlucky this year, along with Adnan for injuries, whilst Cornhill and Capaccioli are still very good raw academy prospects.

Striker

Timo Werner

View attachment 351554

Alberto Jesus

View attachment 351553

Chris Pym

View attachment 351552

And finally, strikers. Timo Werner is my main man, signed in 2013 for 10m, he's just broken Sir Bobby's scoring record and hit 200 league goals in just over 275 games. Prolific. Jesus was signed mostly as a backup from Sevilla, and as a potential future star, but I think from what I've seen, the main backup to Werner will be Chris Pym, an academy prospect who came through last year. His stats may not look impressive, but on the field he scores when given the chances (kind of like Timo).

Last edited:
Here is my Galacticos Real Madrid team I had to do some heavy reconstruction and by doing this team cost a couple million hope you like my team year is 2037 the future of real Madrid.

View attachment 351538

GoalKeeper Jason Watson
View attachment 351535

Right Back Ivan Surac CB Ömer Korkmaz Cb Kieza
View attachment 351534 View attachment 351533View attachment 351532
LB Everton View attachment 351531

Midfielders
Cerezo cm Cm Antoine Bertrand AMC Momar Niang_
View attachment 351530View attachment 351527View attachment 351525
Cam Diego IngraoView attachment 351524

Wingers
Berkay K1l1ç View attachment 351523Franceso ZanioView attachment 351522

Strikers
Thomas HansenView attachment 351521Ricardo HenriqueView attachment 351520

This is the grand total of my spending I spent 272m last year but I only bought in 5 players so most he transfer was from the other previous manager this season I spent 91m.

View attachment 351516View attachment 351514

Crystal Palace 3rd Season

Ended up qualifying for the Europa league last season ended up in 6th place

GK - Fraser Forster

DR - Chris Solly
DC - Mario Samprisisi
DC - Ryan Bennett
DL - Nicola Murru

CM - Jon Williams
CM - Joe Ledley

AMR - Thorgen Hazard
AMC - Lucas Evangalista