Shyftyy's 6-1-2-1-0 Counter football without Counter Strategy

Sorry, didn't see this post earlier. Yes, Trying to tweak the defence so it has a little less of those throughballs and over the top long balls against.
That's were most of the goals conceded come from, Thank's

That's were most of the goals conceded come from, Thank's

Yes, now that the defensive corners have been reset to default it should already concede a little less but it's going to take some time I think. Hard to find the cause.

Sorry, didn't see this post earlier. Yes, Trying to tweak the defence so it has a little less of those throughballs and over the top long balls against.

Have you tried lower the d-line, change DBs to defenders (not cover or the other one) and unthick the offside trap?

Lowering the defensive line is harmful for the balance of the tactic. It means that the WBs never manage to get through the last line of defense. In my own save I am working with a different role for the defenders and it's going okay, not very much difference but unticking the off-side trap I hadn't thought of. That's a good suggestion , thank you!

Last edited:
Plugged this into my Wolves game, don't really have the players but thought I'd try V2 anyway! First season.

First game was a 5-0 away win at Shrewsbury, decent start anyway, but then came this result..

LkTjoJ8.jpg

I'd like to point out although that isn't their strongest line up, they should still be beating me, and that isn't my strongest line up either, dropped 9 players because I thought I'd get hammered! Only 2 players I kept in were Stearman and Batth.

Plugged this into my Wolves game, don't really have the players but thought I'd try V2 anyway! First season.

First game was a 5-0 away win at Shrewsbury, decent start anyway, but then came this result..

I'd like to point out although that isn't their strongest line up, they should still be beating me, and that isn't my strongest line up either, dropped 9 players because I thought I'd get hammered! Only 2 players I kept in were Stearman and Batth.

Very nice mate. good job!

This edition really likes to pair me up against Manchester City when playing as SLB. Met them in the fist season in the group stage, won 5-0 at home. Second season I hade them onca again in the group stage, and now in the quarter-finals:

View attachment 416187

shfytyy any updates? about to start a new save and would be awesome to try it with an even better version

v2.1
what is the BEST training ? :S

Still as it says in the Main Post. Balanced at average - attacking movement but switch to teamwork when your team shows signs of egoism when you watch the match.

shfytyy any updates? about to start a new save and would be awesome to try it with an even better version

Trying to fix the through ball /over the top ball issue (although issue is a big word as it easily outscores what the tactic concedes) . I am getting some feedback that it's an ME issue but I don't want to blame the ME :). I can't say when though

I have received word from a SI forum moderator, that there is no long ball over the top/through ball bug. The logorhytm in the ME calculate if a throughball is successful or not. The graphics then make it look like a good throughball. This is where it seems buggy somemes as the graphics have to match the conlusion of the logorythm and that sometimes comes out looking weird.

Now that i know there is not a known issue here and likely no ME changes to mess with it, I will work on this with renewed energy .