Shyftyy's 6-1-2-1-0 Counter football without Counter Strategy

After some research by Dimartino and the good folks at the SI forum, he found out that, with the current (bugged) defensive setpieces, the default version is actually the best. Therefore the latest tactic is now v2.1 which is exactly the same as v2 except that the defending corners and freekicks have been reset to the default value.

The offensive set-ups are based on Jassar's thread and are fine. Only the defensive ones have been reset.

Link updated in main post.

Last edited:
One more thing: Shyftyy

I have 7 goals from open play in 11 league games. 5 from corners and 1 penalty.

Looking into it as we speak. It's not easy to identify these issues. Mikedodgson is doing very well in season 2 so it's curious to see hwere the difference comes from.

Looking into it as we speak. It's not easy to identify these issues. Mikedodgson is doing very well in season 2 so it's curious to see hwere the difference comes from.

Alright! Do you know if it's only me who've complained about this? Or anyone else?

Scoring a lot from corners using mixed with the tallest at 1st post, GK and 2nd post. Just that :D

Changed match training to team cohesion - 40 % 10 days before Dortmund game away, lost 2-0 but had some promising signs(I at least created chances). Now I'm 2-0 up at half-time home to Real in the next game, will see how it continues to work out.

Ended up winning 4-0, they got 2 red cards in 60th minute though but it's much improved.. team cohesion probably was the problem.

Last edited:
Alright! Do you know if it's only me who've complained about this? Or anyone else?

It's been mixed. Some complain, Some have good results. Not quite sure if it lies with the tactic, the ME or raised reputations forcing teams to play you differently.

Changed match training to team cohesion - 40 % 10 days before Dortmund game away, lost 2-0 but had some promising signs(I at least created chances). Now I'm 2-0 up at half-time home to Real in the next game, will see how it continues to work out.

Ah, that is nice, please keep me posted on how it goes along as this could be important information

After a lot of testing with a lot of different teams, I've been able to compare romians 3-7-0 tactic with this one. And this one actually came out of top with the average best results (I guess Mj?llby was just an unlucky exception for me).

After a lot of testing with a lot of different teams, I've been able to compare romians 3-7-0 tactic with this one. And this one actually came out of top with the average best results (I guess Mj?llby was just an unlucky exception for me).

I really like Romian's but only found out about his after I had released mine. They are similar in some way and I think he did a great job on his and if you say mine comes out marginally better I'll take that as a huge compliment. Thank you!

I really like Romian's but only found out about his after I had released mine. They are similar in some way and I think he did a great job on his and if you say mine comes out marginally better I'll take that as a huge compliment. Thank you!
It's hard to determine which one is the best due to the randomness of the game, but yours result in more effective football, and that's the way I like it (even though I hate the thought of having 6 defenders ;) ).

Ah, that is nice, please keep me posted on how it goes along as this could be important information
View attachment 417195

Started with team cohesion 40 % before the Dortmund game as I said, so clearly better so far, hate to sacrifice individual training like this though.. dilemma! What do you think, keep this for a while and then change to normal and see what happens?

EDIT: Sorry a bit of misspelling there, before the Dortmund game not after as I wrote first.

Last edited:
It's hard to determine which one is the best due to the randomness of the game, but yours result in more effective football, and that's the way I like it (even though I hate the thought of having 6 defenders ;) ).

lol, don't know where that extra comment in the quote came from bt those WB's are very offensive. As a matter of fact, sometimes I put back up wingers in there if I have injuries or need to rest them. They are ofcourse slightly worse at defending crosses etc. but their role is offense first.

Also agree on the randomness, if SI decides to make changes to the ME next patch it's going to be interesting to see if they destroy this tactic or improve the setpiece defense of it and make it even better :)

View attachment 506283

Started with team cohesion 40 % before the Dortmund game as I said, so clearly better so far, hate to sacrifice individual training like this though.. dilemma! What do you think, keep this for a while and then change to normal and see what happens?

EDIT: Sorry a bit of misspelling there, before the Dortmund game not after as I wrote first.

Aha, What I do in these cases, as it says in the first post. I leave my general training on balanced average, when you start getting in a slump set match training to teamwork (sometimes your SS and especially with Ben Arfa for me who is quite selfish already will try to do everything himself). If things are going as they should, switch to attacking movement.

Aha, What I do in these cases, as it says in the first post. I leave my general training on balanced average, when you start getting in a slump set match training to teamwork (sometimes your SS and especially with Ben Arfa for me who is quite selfish already will try to do everything himself). If things are going as they should, switch to attacking movement.

That might have been it yeah.. tried that thing last season didn't help that much then but I did it less time then so yeah. Cheers for help!

That might have been it yeah.. tried that thing last season didn't help that much then but I did it less time then so yeah. Cheers for help!

okay, I can expand a bit on that in the main post the and No problem at all , glad it worked. There will always be some randomness to expect though :)

Recently started my second season, havent had the second-season-syndrome yet:
View attachment 417060
During the first season I won the league, league cup and Taca de Portugal (equivalent of the FA-cup). Lost in the quarter-finals against Dortmund in CL.

View attachment 417059

Once again, thanks for a terrific tactic!

I think it's important that in the 2nd season you don't try and overhaul the squad completely which is always the temptation if you've done well.

I won the treble and thought I could do better then the liked of Gouffran, Marveaux etc but when it comes down to it, they won me the treble and I only ended up signing 3 players and ones that matched the filters and only where i could make a considerable improvement.

Saying that - I negotiated 35m for Santon (incredible WB btw) to PSG so had to get a replacement in!

But the point being, try and keep morale up by not making wholesales changes as it will take longer for your squad to gel.

Even if I draw I try and pick the best 2 performers out and praise them - anything to keep morale up!

I think it's important that in the 2nd season you don't try and overhaul the squad completely which is always the temptation if you've done well.

I won the treble and thought I could do better then the liked of Gouffran, Marveaux etc but when it comes down to it, they won me the treble and I only ended up signing 3 players and ones that matched the filters and only where i could make a considerable improvement.

Saying that - I negotiated 35m for Santon (incredible WB btw) to PSG so had to get a replacement in!

But the point being, try and keep morale up by not making wholesales changes as it will take longer for your squad to gel.

Even if I draw I try and pick the best 2 performers out and praise them - anything to keep morale up!

You'r thinking in the same way I do! Only bought John Obi Mikel from Chelsea and signed Victor Valdes on free transfer, sold 3 players that I used in the previous season. Using team cohesion on very heavy workload in the pre-season have been a big plus for me!