Shyftyy's 6-1-2-1-0 Counter football without Counter Strategy

Done with med second season with Schalke 04 and i have to say this tactic is no doubt the best tactic out there!

View attachment 415811

Only lost one game against Bayern and look at the amount of goals conceded!

View attachment 415810

My team is almost the same as it is when you start. Sold Hunterlaar and other strikers. Just bought Luke Shaw, Diego Contento and Martin Montoya. Julian Draxler is a beast as SS!

View attachment 415808

Won CL!

View attachment 415807

Won the cup!

Done with med second season with Schalke 04 and i have to say this tactic is no doubt the best tactic out there!

View attachment 509532

Only lost one game against Bayern and look at the amount of goals conceded!

View attachment 509534

My team is almost the same as it is when you start. Sold Hunterlaar and other strikers. Just bought Luke Shaw, Diego Contento and Martin Montoya. Julian Draxler is a beast as SS!

View attachment 509538

Won CL!

View attachment 509539

Won the cup!

Thank you. Appreciate the huge compliment! :)

Dorull did you use the same training Shyftyy wrote up in his OP?

I used Balanced - High. Def.pos at away games and atc.mov at home games :)

Thanks Hal107, Radium22 and Cptbull!. Thrilled to see your results and how much fun you seem to be having with it :)

Hello my friends. I?m interested in this tactic and i?d like to know how would you use it with Real Madrid, because i don?t think i?m getting the best of it. Thanks in advance!

hello my friends. I?m interested in this tactic and i?d like to know how would you use it with Real Madrid, because i don?t think i?m getting the best of it. Thanks in advance!

Hey Sergio, I will take a look tomorrow after work, I woukd probably play CR7 as SS or Wbr(yes, really) but I am unsure of the ratings the rest of the team have at the position.

Hey Sergio, I will take a look tomorrow after work, I woukd probably play CR7 as SS or Wbr(yes, really) but I am unsure of the ratings the rest of the team have at the position.

Great!! i've been using nezza's tweak with good result but i've just decided to switch to 2.1 and i have beaten PSG 5-0 (ECL quarter finals), with 2 goals by Marcelo (my wbl, coentrao as dl) and two more scored by Modric. I see Cristiano's missing a lot of chances as the SS and i wonder if it's because of his PPMs. I'm looking forward to your analysis!!!

Shyftyy I have to hand it to you. This is the best tactic around, and if sometimes you do feel penalized by the AI for using odd formations like yours that overcome the ME, globally you will easily over perform and over achieve expectations.
I've been using the following formula with great success in my latest save: using your 2.1, with two versions, one with 1 SS, other with 2 SS, and playing 2-3 matches with one, then change to the other. My idea is to somehow make the AI confuse, and don't allow it to counter the tactic.
One rule I'm following is that at halftime if the match is not going my way, I do the same switch to the other tactic. And It's working like a charm!!! I never change mentality!
WELL DONE Shyftyy. The best of the best!

Last edited:
Shyftyy I have to hand it to you. This is the best tactic around, and if sometimes you do feel penalized by the AI for using odd formations like yours that overcome the ME, globally you will easily over perform and over achieve expectations.
I've been using the following formula with great success in my latest save: using your 2.1, with two versions, one with 1 SS, other with 2 SS, and playing 2-3 matches with one, then change to the other. My idea is to somehow make the AI confuse, and don't allow it to counter the tactic.
One rule I'm following is that at halftime if the match is not going my way, I do the same switch to the other tactic. And It's working like a charm!!! I never change mentality!

Thank you Dimartino! That's a really interesting rotation you have going and I really appreciate the kind words. I've actually been developing it since December and it's great to see that people really enjoy it.

Here is a picture from an old version(and already rev6) from december, almost there, GK was set wrong and the team instruction were a bit off as well but it's kinda fun to look back :) http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...cussion]-formations-great-results-fm14-3.html)

Last edited:

dimartino, could u post the link with the tactic of 2 SS?

The reason I haven't given this a go is due to havi to play 4 full backs as I have so many great attacking players- but can you actually get away with pkayig them in the wing back positions? Players like januzaj, Fischer, draxler?

The reason I haven't given this a go is due to havi to play 4 full backs as I have so many great attacking players- but can you actually get away with pkayig them in the wing back positions? Players like januzaj, Fischer, draxler?

I do that from time to time when I have to rest my WB. I am not 100% sure if I would recommend doing this all the time but just to make it clear, those WBs first priority is not to defend so in theory it should be possible.

I promised another person that I would do a check on Real Madrid for him and I'll do a quick FMC with Bale and Ronaldo as WBs to try

Any plans to change the filters? i close to the end of my first season and wondered if i need to use different filters for recruiting!

Any plans to change the filters? i close to the end of my first season and wondered if i need to use different filters for recruiting!

The filters were updated last week and should be up-to-date for v2.1. How's the season going?