Shyftyy's 6-1-2-1-0 Counter football without Counter Strategy

thx here as well, going to try it mate.

hope to get as good results as the rest here.
maybe some tweaking;D

Best tactic i ever had on fm14 so far !

keep playing nice attacking football, winning almost everything, only lost 2 times since i started using & only a few draws..

So before I go to bed, I have now reached the half-way point of the first season with Newcastle:

I only bought 2 players to make sure I had wingbacks: nothing spectular - Neil Taylor from Swansea and Kieran Trippier from Burnley. All others were already in the selection of Newcastle at the beginning of the season:

Not once did I change tactic, use shouts or OIs

Current league position:

View attachment 421363

Tactic report

View attachment 421361

Goal Analysis

View attachment 421360

Best tactic i ever had on fm14 so far !

keep playing nice attacking football, winning almost everything, only lost 2 times since i started using & only a few draws..

Awesome! Really happy that people are enjoying it as much as I am! Do me a favor and rate the thread if you like it :)

My new save is going much better!

Worked around the Half Back, Box to Box mids & Support Striker and just by having the pace upfront makes the difference straight away.

I haven't managed to play Ben Arfa yet - he's broke his ankle and is out for 2-3 months... just my luck!

Gouffran is doing a good job so far though! Will keep you updated.

My new save is going much better!

Worked around the Half Back, Box to Box mids & Support Striker and just by having the pace upfront makes the difference straight away.

I haven't managed to play Ben Arfa yet - he's broke his ankle and is out for 2-3 months... just my luck!

Gouffran is doing a good job so far though! Will keep you updated.

Good to hear Mike, a shame about Ben Arfa since he is doing amazing for me. Would be nice if he had a bit more teamwork but hey, can't have it all. Keep us posted! :)

i don't know why but i feel so much comfort using this tactic but iv'e tweaked it a bit leading to 2 SS and 1 Box to Box player and the results are looking very good, in the friendly iv'e beaten Bayern, Napoli & Dortmund using a weaker players whilst them 3 had there best players out.

fantastic tactic mate keep up the good work

i don't know why but i feel so much comfort using this tactic but iv'e tweaked it a bit leading to 2 SS and 1 Box to Box player and the results are looking very good, in the friendly iv'e beaten Bayern, Napoli & Dortmund using a weaker players whilst them 3 had there best players out.

fantastic tactic mate keep up the good work

Thanks Nezza! Happy to see so many enjoy it. Let me know how you get on.

i'm just hoping that if anyone makes a tweak of the tactic with even better results they post the tactic here so others can enjoy ^^

i'm just hoping that if anyone makes a tweak of the tactic with even better results they post the tactic here so others can enjoy ^^

Yes, that would be fine with me. As long as people clearly refer to the proper tweak when they have questions :). As a matter of fact, I will release my own tweak over the weekend with some very minor changes. I changed the normal defender to be a BPD Cover. Other than that some minor tweaks such as telling the HB to shoot less often.

I will put some more work in to the player filters and update/improve the match training section and hopefully get to play the second half of the season with my Newcastle test :D

The mentality Always just stay standard or do you change it Home and Away?

The mentality Always just stay standard or do you change it Home and Away?

Always Standard for me, regardless of where the match is played. I also do this to test the tactic but so far it seems to work fine judging by my own experiences and the feedback from other people.

Ok thanks, wil start a new save with Arsenal and see how it goes .

new updates in the premier league :)

however, I noticed that putting "team play" unless you create scoring opportunities, so I guess I'll put the pre-race training as "offensive moves"

new updates in the premier league :)

however, I noticed that putting "team play" unless you create scoring opportunities, so I guess I'll put the pre-race training as "offensive moves"

Great results! I actually noticed a bit of the same thing. Team play will create more possession and is really important at the beginning of the season but somewhere further into the season I recommend changing to attacking movement since the deep pass will be played less and changing to attacking movement remedies this.

Good find and I will adapt the match training section with this over the weekend.Thank you for letting me know!

Last edited:
Great results! I actually noticed a bit of the same thing. Team play will create more possession and is really important at the beginning of the season but somewhere further into the season I recommend changing to attacking movement since the deep pass will be played less and changing to attacking movement remedies this.

Good find and I will adapt the match training section with this over the weekend.Thank you for letting me know!

you could try to uncheck "exploit the center" what do you say? maybe you create opportunities in other circumstances, and not only because the central ...

I don't think that works since that means the wingbacks will mostly come free around the sideline from where it's harder to get those free runs at goal. It will also lead to the cross becoming the prioritised option meaning a lot less CCC.You could of course give it a go in your test though. Don't you already get goals from crosses though? It should be a dual threat as you can see in the goal analysis I posted on page 11 where all the goal assists are nicely distributed across all areas.

Last edited: