Shyftyy's 6-1-2-1-0 Counter football without Counter Strategy

Thanks Nezza, I will create a testing section in the main post tonight or tomorrow since I am work right now and they will not appreciate it if I download tactics here :)

are you also putting my version in it? (A)

Nezza's tweaked version is producing many more goals from me and not compromising at the back too. Early days but there is a noticeable difference!

Just put some of my own minor tweaks in and replaced the link. Updated first post (with changes and some tester feedback) and images. Will put in testing area later tonight. Updated player filters tomorrow. Going to continue my own season with Newcastle for tonight :)

With Nezza's tweak I just beat Arsenal at their place 5-0, then Liverpool at St James' 5-1!

EDIT: And a 2-0 win at home to Man City! :)

Last edited:
I downloaded the latest version 2, and beat man city at their place 2-4. But think there can be some work on the defence :D

I downloaded the latest version 2, and beat man city at their place 2-4. But think there can be some work on the defence :D

I need to check what Nezza tweaked, according to him and Mike it is a bit more secure on the defense side. I don't want to take credits for his tweaks though so I will update the first post later tonight :)

Last edited:
Updated first post with Nezza and Dinjesk tweaks. Please make sure to properly state which version you have questions about as there are now 3 versions in the 1 post.

Shyftyy,

remember ur tactic last year? the 6-2-2-0 (442 own half)?

i have loaded my version of last year in to fm 14.
see what it brings me.
hopefully as same as last year, conceding like 5 goals in an entire season.

:)

Haha, yes. That was fun but the issue people had with it was that there was no way to come back after going down and had too many draws. I believe this new one is better than the previous one.

:)

Haha, yes. That was fun but the issue people had with it was that there was no way to come back after going down and had too many draws. I believe this new one is better than the previous one.

playing with ajax
sold every player that is not own youth and bought some ex-youth players back. (heitinga, maduro, bouy)

with the tactic of last year played 4 games:
ajax - nec 5-1
Ado - ajax 0-1
ajax - willem|| 2-0
ajax - twente 3-0

hoping to keep up the score like this

I have seem a lot of you worried about training.

From my experience, changing it during the season is the best option to get the best of the team.

Changing from ball control to attack, to team cohesion it helps a lot to avoid getting stuck in some games.

The trick here is to watch the game and see the behavior of the players, to see where they stress the most. I found out in my Bayern save that, at some point of the season, the receiving of a pass was many times bad, giving more opportunities for the other team to strike. Changed the training to ball control and the team started to treat the ball much better. The same with team cohesion happened, so it will really depend where you struggle and a year planing is not a crazy idea to be tested.

Just trying to help here :D

tried nazza one for 10 games or so....for me not that excellent, not really stable and concede more goal in fact. to add another attacker certainly should score more, however I don't see it is that great in attack

Hello, Where is the updated tactic? The final version in post 1 is a old one (HB not set shoot often)

tried nazza one for 10 games or so....for me not that excellent, not really stable and concede more goal in fact. to add another attacker certainly should score more, however I don't see it is that great in attack

Ok, thank you. I haven't tried it at all since I am working on my own version.