2061/62

Champions League

View attachment 45447

For a third straight final it is an all-Manchester affair!

We won the previous two 4-2 (aet) and 4-1.

View attachment 45446

It's a carbon copy of last years 4-1 triumph as we complete a hat trick of UCL final wins over the noisy neighbours

View attachment 45445

Our proud unbeaten Premier League record sequence ended at 106 games with an opening day 3-2 defeat away to Liverpool. We were also just one game away from equalling our own unbeaten run in all competitions of 112 games. **** you Liverpool!

Nonetheless, that was our only defeat in the league. We drew two games and won the lot after that to start up another unbeaten sequence.

View attachment 45444

Another clean sweep of trophies. All this without signing a non-British or Irish player for a few seasons. We still have some foreign players among the squad signed before I imposed the transfer restrictions. Again, any worthwhile bids for them will be accepted and they'll be replace by a homegrown player for the remainder of my time at United.

SAM FERGUSON

A slight injury means he missed 6 league games this season as he closes in on Ryan Giggs' record.

View attachment 45443

He is on 611, 61 games short of Giggs' 672. He needs another season and a half injury free. C'MON!!

View attachment 45442

SAM REJECTS A NEW CONTRACT!!

View attachment 45429

He must be considering retiring! He has staff attributes available now with a preferred job as a Director of Football (a poor one at that!)

As a result I cannot offer him a playing contract for some reason.

Thankfully he still has another season on his contract and MORE IMPORTANTLY there is a clause that activates another 12 months should he make 10 league appearances next season.

View attachment 45428

Assuming he doesn't get injured he will make those 10 games and activate another year until 2064. Also assuming he doesn't retire unexpectedly he *should* be around long enough to break Giggs' record!

An old goalscoring record was also broken this season..

View attachment 45427

View attachment 45426

Sam starts the season in fine form and activates the one year contract extension as he features in all 14 league games so far.

View attachment 45425

Elsewhere..

I take another crack at the international game, this time with France. We are already through to the semi final of the International League and then we were given a very easy Euro qualifying group

View attachment 45424

View attachment 45423

2062/63

UCL SEMI FINAL HEARTACHE!!

View attachment 45398
View attachment 45397

A late collapse saw us exit the UCL at the semi final stage to the noisy neighbours! We beat Man City in the last 3 finals so they have some revenge now as they head to their 4th final in a row, hoping to win it as we won't be there to stop them.

Incredibly this season will be the first time in 27 years (2036) that we haven't been in the final!

View attachment 45402

We almost went unbeaten again this season but Man City beat us 3-2 on Matchday 34 to end that run. We did win everything else however (except the Community Shield but who cares)

View attachment 45403

SAM FERGUSON

Sam managed 36 league games, missing two with a slight hamstring injury. He fulfilled the one year extension clause in his contract and finishes the season on 647 league appearances, just 25 to go to match Giggs'

HOWEVER....

View attachment 45401

He decides enough is enough and doesn't want to use the 12 month extension he was entitled to!!

25 games to go to match the record!

Noooooooooooo!

View attachment 45400

View attachment 45399

In the end it’s the hope that kills you!

So close to the record, those injuries just caught up with him! Such a shame for it to end like that.

What a career for the both of you though!

In the end it’s the hope that kills you!

So close to the record, those injuries just caught up with him! Such a shame for it to end like that.

What a career for the both of you though!

I might return at some point and try it again if/when Man Utd are no longer the biggest club in the world.

For now I will keep the manager going on a separate thread where I will become a bit of a journey man with some long term aims like:

• The Champions League Challenge
  • The Pentagon Challenge
  • Top the Hall of Fame on every continent
  • English Hero Challenge (bottom to top division - ideally with Salford or FC United)
  • A-Z Challenge (win a trophy with a team beginning with A, then B and so on)
  • The Ultimate FM Challenge - win every league and cup available

That should keep me busy until FM19 (H)