2055/56 UCL

View attachment 49895

We are the team to beat as we hammer former club Aberdeen 4-0 and 3-0, Spurs 4-1 and 7-0 and poor Juventus 2-0 and 8-1(!) in the semis to set up an all-Manchester final

View attachment 49894

View attachment 49893

We may be used to winning the Champions League now but beating your local rivals in the final is extra special. Although only winning by a single goal we were much the better side and should have won by more. Nonetheless, UCL title number 21 for Utd and UCL title 21 for me personally (17 with Utd, 4 with Aberdeen)

2055/56 Domestic

View attachment 49882

We were chasing City for a good chunk of the season after losing 2 of our opening 3 games. We eventually caught them soon after we thumped them 6-1 at SAF Park. After that the wheels came off their title charge and we cruised to another league title.

On top of that we had a clean sweep of trophies again.

View attachment 49877

Key to our stellar season was the strikers finding their goalscoring boots again.

Sam Ferguson led the Golden Boot for much of the campaign but he failed to score in his last 5 appearances and his teammate Sami Trabelsi caught him up and was named the Golden Boot winner as he had played less games than Sam.

View attachment 49881

Sam Ferguson has his best season ever with 30 league goals. Could have been more had he not encountered a 5 game goal drought at the end of the season before getting injured in the final match of the season.

View attachment 49879

View attachment 49878

View attachment 49876

Garry Westwood had a succesful half season at WBA with 12 goals in 19 games (he was 10 goals in 11 at one stage). He also bagged two Young Player of the Months to further justify us loaning him out. I may do so again this year as our other strikers (exc Sam Ferguson) are reaching peak years so it would be foolish to sell any of them.

View attachment 49880

Absolutely fantastic journey! I've never played FM Touch before, and this has tempted me to take a look at it. Congratulations on everything achieved, and with a few more goals in sight, it won't be long until you've conquered all!

Season 2056/57

I'm closing in on Fergie's 1500 games in charge of Utd but still 4 years off his 27 years in the dugout.

I'm going to keep going at least until my son, Sam Ferguson, retires. He is about to turn 29 so maybe another 4 or 5 seasons in him. That should take me past Fergie's 27 years and I will move on to the next challenge using the same save and manager profile to see how many seasons I can get done.

My record was in FM13 to the year 2238! Sadly FM2013 no longer loads on my current laptop.

SEE HERE

Anyway, the 2057 UCL final saw another class with moneybags PSG, this time in Wales...

View attachment 46946

In the league we cruise home with a 24 point winning margin.

View attachment 46945

We have 4 strikers in the top goalscoring chart which always means a good season.

View attachment 46944

SAM FERGUSON suffered an injury early on and missed 5 league games as a result (would have been more but thankfully it fell during an international break).

He has 51 league goals in two seasons now which is remarkable as he should be playing for a team either fighting relegation or looking for promotion from the Championship. He isn't even good enough for the Scotland team!

View attachment 46943

Almost 450 league appearances and he went past the 250 goal mark during the season. The plan was to get him to beat Ryan Giggs' 672 league appearance record. He is 226 games short and about to turn 29. He needs the full 38 game season for the next 6 years. It is going to be a big ask at this stage.

View attachment 46942

Peter Ledsham's early success at Sligo has already increased the profile of the club, so much so that some Utd players have agreed to join them on loan...

View attachment 46888

Most of them are youth team products with little hope of making the grade at Utd.

However Milan Djuricic has been on the fringes for a while. His contract expires in the summer and he should fill his boots in the Irish league for 6 months.

View attachment 46887

2057/58

UCL

This year's final is at Sir Alex Ferguson Park, my stadium.. literally!

We reach the final and face PSG, for a 6th time. We lost the first encounter but have won the previous 4.

View attachment 45957

View attachment 45956

Devastating!!

We lose the UCL Final on our home turf. We played the whole second half with 10 men but we created most of the better chances and could have won it during the 90 minutes. However it went to penalties and Ryan Miller, who had just come out as gay in the build up to the final, was the unfortunate person who missed the sudden penalty

View attachment 45955

View attachment 45954

The only blemish for the season was that UCL final defeat. Elsewhere we won the lot.

Sam Ferguson completed the full 38 league game season, finishing with an impressive 25 league goals. He still needs a few injury-free seasons to get close to Ryan Giggs' record.

View attachment 45953

Going our separate ways..

My long time assistant manager Stuart McKenzie has taken the plunge into management with Derby County, ending an 11 year partnership.

View attachment 45942

Unfortunately for Stuart his first game in charge is a first leg League Cup semi final against his former boss...

View attachment 45941

Things can only get better for Stuart surely....

Well, not yet...

2nd Leg
View attachment 45940

2058/59

25th Season In Charge of Man Utd

UCL

View attachment 45936

For the third consecutive season we meet PSG in the Champions League Final. After last season's heartbreaking penalty shootout lose at our own stadium we head off for a first ever trip to Bayern Munich's new 122,000-seater stadium.

View attachment 45935

No need for penalties this time! Ourselves and PSG traded strikers in the summer. Sami Trabelsi scored against us but he was outshone by our £95m purchase from PSG, Ettore Barba who helped himself to 4 goals.

View attachment 45934

View attachment 45933

We win all the competitions available to us this season thanks in no part to a wonderful debut season from Ettore Barba, fulling justifying his £95m transfer fee.

View attachment 45932

Sam Ferguson, chasing down Giggs' appearance record, follows his 38 game season last year with 37 this season missing the Boxing Day game as we had two games in less than 48 hours.

View attachment 45931

BREXIT MEANS BREXIT

I will be leaving Utd when my son Sam Ferguson retires. He turns 31 over the summer so probably about 2-4 seasons left in him.

For the remainder of the time I will accept all reasonable bids for my foreign players and only replace them with British and Irish players or youth team graduates.