Sir Alex Ferguson: The Career

• Thread starter Thread starter W4NKER
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 143
  • Views Views 38K
Well done on the Rangers win but your team need to buck their ideas up and be a bit more consistent.
Yea. We have brutal defenders! Combined with the beta's questionable match engine it just leads to shots on my goal. Hopefully with an update due over the weekend results should improve and become more consistent

Oh! Update out now I hear. Will install now and continue this.

Yea. We have brutal defenders! Combined with the beta's questionable match engine it just leads to shots on my goal. Hopefully with an update due over the weekend results should improve and become more consistent
Yep, everyone is having problems with their defence though. I've been reading through the ME change list and it does sound like they're improving general defensive and goalkeeping AI since it has a lot of fixes for highly noticeable and highly frequent defensive and goalkeeping mistakes.

How can you resume the game after the update? Will it automatically fix the bugs on that patch??

I'll continue this once I sort the tactic out. Nowhere near as effective since the update

Glad you're doing this again, loved it in 12 :)

FEBRUARY 2013

Sir-Alex-Ferguson-Man-Utd-football-coach.jpg

- DEFENSIVE FRAILTIES EXPOSED AGAIN
- RANGERS BOUNCE BACK

Third Division

East Stirlingshire 1 v 2 Berwick
Sinclair

Queens Park 1 v 3 East Stirlingshire
Turner, Greenhill, Hunter

East Stirlingshire 1 v 2 Elgin City
Donaldson

Table

View attachment 280272

Star Performer

View attachment 280271

Alex Ferguson Programme Notes

With two home games we really should have cemented out play-off spot. However more lapses at the back mean we slip further behind the front two and are within touching distance of the teams behind. We must buck up our ideas! Quickly!

MARCH 2013

- SHIRE GO UNBEATEN
- FERGIE STILL UNHAPPY!

Home%20Sweet%20Home.jpg

(NOT!!)

Third Division

East Stirlingshire 2 v 0 Annan
Herd, Turner

East Stirlingshire 1 v 1 Clyde
Turner

Montrose 1 v 4 East Stirlingshire
Quinn(2), Shepherd, Carrigan

East Stirlingshire 1 v 1 Peterhead
Herd

Table

View attachment 280277

Star Performer

View attachment 280276

Whilst our overall form improved I’m still unhappy at our poor home form. Turning draws into wins is a must!

END OF SEASON RUN-IN

jan29_contract.gif

APRIL/MAY 2013

- ANOTHER RANGERS SCALP!!
- PLAY-OFF SPOT SECURED
- NEW £150 CONTRACT SIGNED

Third Division

Stirling 0 v 0 East Stirlingshire

East Stirlingshire 1 v 0 Rangers

Turner

East Stirlingshire 1 v 0 Queens Park
Donaldson

Berwick 1 v 1 East Stirlingshire
Carrigan

Elgin City 2 v 0 East Stirlingshire

Annan 1 v 2 East Stirlingshire
Herd, Carrigan

Final League Table

View attachment 280282

Star Performer

View attachment 280283

Well our home form picked up at long last! Following recent home performances I was thrilled to see a couple of boring 1-0 wins, especially as one of them was against runaway champions Rangers. Our form against them has been outstanding this year.

Having qualified for the playoff let’s aim to continue our rivalry with Rangers in the Second Division. Come on lads! Lets do it

PLAY-OFFS

Semi Final

East Stirlingshire 3 v 1 Elgin City
Turner, Greenhill, Devlin

2nd​ Leg

Elgin City 0 v 1 East Stirlingshire
Herd
(Agg: 4-1)

FINAL

Peterhead 1 v 2 East Stirlingshire
Jackson, Turner

2nd​ Leg

East Stirlingshire 1 v 0 Peterhead
Greenhill
(Agg: 3-1)

Alex-Ferguson-110508-Celebrates-R-300.jpg

EAST STIRLINGSHIRE PROMOTED!!

View attachment 280284

FANTASTIC! No one gave us a chance. They said we’d finish bottom. How wrong were they!? Admittedly there was some dodgy moments but the players dug in. Credit to them. Some are out of contract and will leave now as we rebuild for the Second Division. It’s going to be tough but I’ll move heaven and earth to ensure this club continue to progress.

Congrats on promotion, just been promoted via the play offs too! Struggling a bit in the SD2 though! Good luck and KIU!

Last edited:
Well done on promotion and with Rangers in division three I think you may be able to get the St Mirren job this time round.

Well done on promotion and with Rangers in division three I think you may be able to get the St Mirren job this time round.
Actually just looked at the job centre for the first time as I wanted to do at least one season with each club. Turns out some managers are under pressure so I declared an interest.

First one....

View attachment 280309

But even more surprisingly....

View attachment 280310

That's great but the United one shows there's an employment bug in this game since I've seen people get the England job after achieving very little.

Back