Sir Alex Ferguson: The Career

• Thread starter Thread starter W4NKER
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 143
  • Views Views 38K
END OF SEASON RUN IN 2014

CAN THE SHIRE CLAIM AN UNEXPECTED PLAY OFF SPOT??

Second Division

Stenhousemuir 2 v 3 East Stirlingshire
Maxwell, Keast, McColm

Brechin 1 v 4 East Stirlingshire
McColm(2), Keast, Stirling

East Stirlingshire 0 v 1 Alloa

East Stirlingshire 0 v 2 Rangers

Cowdenbeath 3 v 2 East Stirlingshire
Maxwell, Carrigan

EAST STIRLINGSHIRE SECURE PLAY OFF SPOT!!

Final Table

View attachment 281032

Alex Ferguson Programme Notes

We’re there but the job is far from done. We secured the play off spot after the 4-1 win at Brechin. However the players obviously switched off after that as we lost our final 3 games. They’d better be saving themselves for the play offs because we enter them in poor form. Perhaps a change in approach and tactics is required on my end.

How the others are finished…

St Mirren
8th​ in SPL. An up and down season for St Mirren. Shifted between 5th​ place and 11th​ all season but still finished 2 places above their predicted spot. Lennon will almost certainly be keeping his job next season.

Aberdeen
3rd​ in SPL. Only 2 wins since January! The Dons were lucky in the end to even finish 3rd​. With an expected 2nd​ place finish its been a poor season for Aberdeen. Questions should be asked of the management. Also their manager Craig Brown is now 73 and won’t have too many seasons left.

Man Utd
A mad season! Were as low as 14th​ at one point and Fergie (the real one!) was almost sacked at one point. A fabulous end of season revival saw Utd secure a top 4 finish, even though they were predicted to finish 3rd​. On the other hand Utd secured a cup treble, winning the Super Cup, World Club Cup and Champions League after a 3-2 win over the Old Lady Juventus.

PLAY OFF SEMI FINAL 2014

BUILD UP

After shipping goals left right and centre in recent months (we haven’t kept a clean sheet since a 1-0 win at Arbroath on 11/1/2014!) I’ve took a massive gamble and decided to shake things up tactically as we prepare for the play offs.

New Approach

View attachment 281033

Previously I had the two DMs pushed up into centre midfield, one playing as a Deep Lying Playmaker, the other as a Ball Winning Midfielder. I’ve pushed them back and split the team in two effectively – the 6 at the back to try and stop us leaking goals and the 4 up front to try and win us the game.

Hopefully it works!

PLAY OFF SEMI FINAL 2014

1st​ LEG

AIRDRIE 0 v 3
EAST STIRLINGSHIRE

McColm (19), Hutchinson (51), Stirling (79)

2nd​ LEG

EAST STIRLINGSHIRE 1 V 0 AIRDRIE

Hutchinson (51)

Alex Ferguson said:
Fantastic! Admittedly we rode our luck in the second leg as Airdrie threw the kitchen sink at us. But the lads held firm and our new defensive approach sealed a second clean sheet in a row having gone over 4 months without one.

PLAY OFF FINAL 2014

1st​ LEG

RAITH 2 V 1 EAST STIRLINGSHIRE

Hutchinson (pen87)

2nd​ LEG

EAST STIRLINGSHIRE 3 V 0 RAITH

Stirling(7), Keast (65), Hutchinson (82)
Agg: 4-2

View attachment 281039

Alex Ferguson said:
UNBELIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEVABLE!! What can I say!? I’m a very ambitious person but never in my wildest dreams did I honestly think promotion was possible this season. Avoiding relegation and strengthening the squad were my main objectives. Now we look to the dizzy heights of the First Division.

We’ll celebrate tonight then I’ll be in the chairman’s office 2moro to demand extra funding. Without a drastic increase in our transfer and wage budget we stand no chance of competing next year. No chance!

Last edited:
Congrats, a fine achievement. Let's hope you get a decent budget for the next season.

Congrats, a fine achievement. Let's hope you get a decent budget for the next season.
Budget was £21k for transfers and £4k for wages. Spent £1.1k on wages in 2nd division so hopefully I can snap up a few good players with the remaining £3k or so.

Brilliant!!! Looks like you may actually get the St Mirren job this time but skip Aberdeen?

Consectutive promotions to SPL maybe? Might be hard with only one in the 1st division and you've got Rangers and a whole lot of others challenging

SEASON THREE

EAST STIRLINGSHIRE - SCOTTISH FIRST DIVISION

After two straight (and highly unexpected) promotions we enter the First Division. With a massive (not!) budget of £4k a week on wages and a transfer budget of £24k we face an almighty challenge just to survive in the division.

As always Rangers will be favourites. We've had some epic battles as we followed each other up the leagues. With only one team promoted to the SPL it might take a few seasons to get out of this division, providing of course we don't leave the league as a result of relegation!

KEY TRANSFERS

View attachment 281290View attachment 281291View attachment 281292View attachment 281293

Hardly world beaters but a decent improvement on what was pretty much the same squad that we had in Division Three.

AUGUST 2014

BLISTERING START
RANGERS TOPPLED
THEN REALITY HITS HOME

First Division

Falkirk 2 v 2 East Stirlingshire
Archibald, Pollock

East Stirlingshire 2 v 1 Rangers
Keast, Shepherd

View attachment 281309

Hamilton 3 v 1 East Stirlingshire
McGhee(og)

Queen of the South 1 v 0 East Stirlingshire

Challenge Cup

1st​ Rnd
East Stirlingshire p3 v 3 Brechin
Keast, Pollock, Sally

2nd​ Rnd
Stenhousemuir 0 v 3 East Stirlingshire

Shepherd, Sally(2)

League Cup

1st​ Rnd
East Stirlingshire 4 v 3 Brechin

Sally(3), Pollock

2nd​ Rnd
Hamilton 1 v 0 East Stirlingshire

Table

View attachment 281310

Star Performer

View attachment 281308

How the others are doing…

St Mirren – 8th
Aberdeen – 4th
Man Utd – 5th​, lost Super Cup to PSG on penalties

I have been a silent viewer lol - I have a soft spot for East Stirling and have been to a couple of their games (once we went to a cup game away to Dundee armed with those Pot Noodle horns you got a few years back) and I hope you go to Aberdeen and do well but when you go to Man Utd I will stop viewing lol

Remember Fergie managed Scotland at Mexico 86 too!!!

Great read mate. How is FMC for you? Enjoying it compared to full game?

Gonna be mega tough season, stay in the league and you've done well IMO. Keep it up.

Great read mate. How is FMC for you? Enjoying it compared to full game?

Gonna be mega tough season, stay in the league and you've done well IMO. Keep it up.
Only played a couple of months on the full version. Its good but the takes far to long to finish a season. There are parts of it I would like in FMC (more detailed training and scouting etc) but the pros of FMC outweigh the cons of full version imo

Awryt mate really good story ;) keep up the good work :) how's Rhys devlin doing for you? A went eh school with him and was wondering how good he is ?

Back