Sir Alex Ferguson: The Career.

Cool. I downloaded the game via steam and so have achievements to unlock. Only realising now that bu guiding East Stirlingshire from the Third Division to the Premier Division I have now unlocked the 'Scottish Hero' achievement. Nice. According to Steam 0% of users have unlocked it oO) It would be funny if I were the first!

I know you just finished a season... But when will the next part be available? Can't wait to read more:D

Sorry to anyone following. Haven't been on FM all week so hopefully another full season update over the weekend when I get some time to play. Gonna be one **** of a challenge in the SPL with no transfer funds and a wage budget of 6k a week

View attachment 207495

Dunfermline try to tempt me with a £10m transfer budget!! They had a Latvian tycoon takeover last season.

Extremely tempting but I'll only leave the Shire for St Mirren (in the division below me :mad:), Aberdeen (with ROy Keane currently on the brink of the sack :)) or Man Utd (with AVB under pressure as the club lie 5th in the league :D)

Season Four (Part One) – East Stirlingshire – Scottish Premier Division

Before the season started we had some major developments. Due to the terrible state of our stadium, most notably the lack of under soil heating, we were unable to comply with SPL rules and so the board authorised the installation of under soil heating at a mammoth cost of £2.38m putting us in debt by around £2.38m! With no possible way of the work being finished before the start of the season the club now has to ground share with fellow SPL Dunfermline.

View attachment 207501

We also turned professional over the summer in accordance with our new found status in the top flight. Hopefully this opens up some doors for better players and staff.

View attachment 207502

The massive debt from developing our ground has also had a knock on effect on our budgets. Despite being in the top flight I was given no transfer budget and only £6k a week for wages! This just highlights the challenge that lies ahead this season. With 3 promotions in 3 years, perhaps we’ve jumped up the league ladder too fast and I’ve a feeling that this year could be the year when we come crashing back down to earth with a bang!

By the way, the odds on us making it 4 successive champions wins – 5,000/1 aka NO CHANCE!

Key Signings

Sean O’Hanlon (DC)

View attachment 207503

Ex-Hibs players has been around the block and his experience at the back well be vital as we’ll be under constant pressure from much better attacking players in the SPL

Stephen Hughes (DM)

View attachment 207504

Former Rangers man. Another with plenty of experience whose role this year will be to protect the back four as much as possible.

Benjamin Laurant (AMR)

View attachment 207505

A decent winger with decent pace. Will be asked to work his socks off up and down the line.

Sead Hajrovic (DC)

View attachment 207506

Released by Arsenal, Sead has plenty of potential to have a good career at this level.

Kerim Frei (AMC)

View attachment 207507

Ex-Fulham youth who will be the star man in the Shire team. Delighted with his signature.

Terry Dixon (ST)

View attachment 207508

Formerly of Tottenham, Dixon brings experience, know-how and good set piece delivery with may well be our best form of attack against much better opposition.

August 2014

East Stirlingshire 2 v 2 Motherwell

Hibs 5 v 3 East Stirlingshire

League Cup 2nd​ Round
Airdrie Utd 1 v 4 East Stirlingshire

East Stirlingshire 1 v 1 Rangers

September

Aberdeen 3 v 4 East Stirlingshire

East Stirlingshire 0 v 1 Kilmarnock

League Cup 3rd​ Round
East Stirlingshire 3 v 0 Hibs

Dunfermline 0 v 2 East Stirlingshire

October

East Stirlingshire 2 v 1 Hearts

East Stirlingshire 2 v 2 Dundee Utd

Celtic 4 v 0 East Stirlingshire

St Johnstone 2 v 4 East Stirlingshire

League Cup ¼ Final
East Stirlingshire 2 v 4 Rangers

November

Motherwell 5 v 1 East Stirlingshire

East Stirlingshire 3 v 0 Inverness

East Stirlingshire 1 v 2 Hibs

Rangers 1 v 2 East Stirlingshire

13 November 2014
Following the fantastic victory at Ibrox, undoubtedly East Stirlingshire’s greatest ever victory, I was offered the Dunfermline job. Normally I would dismiss such an offer immediately. However, Dunfermline were taken over by a Latvian tycoon towards the end of last season and he was offering me a mammoth £10.25m transfer kitty to turn his club into a dominant SPL force.

Sadly, I had to turn it down to keep with the story despite how tempting it was.

View attachment 207509

22 November 2014
Already under pressure Aberdeen manager Roy Keane knew this was it – the last chance saloon. With his side rooted to the foot of the SPL anything other than a victory over East Stirlingshire in the next match would signal the end of his tenure. In a cruel twist of fate, East Stirlingshire manager Alex Ferguson is seen by many as the favourite to take over at the Dons should Keane lose his job. Football. ****** ****!

East Stirlingshire 5 v 0 Aberdeen

KEANE SACKED!!

View attachment 207510

Aberdeen have parted ways with manager Roy Keane following an abysmal 5-0 thrashing at the hands of SPL new-boys East Stirlingshire. Ironically the man who ultimately got Keane the sack is tipped as the favourite to replace him. Having already turned down a lucrative offer from money-bags Dunfermline will the lure of Aberdeen prove too much for this ambitious manager?

27 November 2014

ABERDEEN KNOCK AT THE DOOR

Aberdeen have today asked for permission to speak to East Stirlingshire manager Alex Ferguson about the vacant managerial job at the Dons. Having already turned down Dunfermline, East Stirlingshire fans fear that Aberdeen may be a club too big for Fergie to turn down.

View attachment 207511

FERGIE ANNOUNCED NEW ABERDEEN MANAGER

East Stirlingshire fan’s worst fears were confirmed today as highly sought after manager Alex Ferguson has agreed to become the new Aberdeen manager. With a heavy heart Ferguson leaves the club that gave him his first chance in football management. In return Ferguson brought unprecedented success to this little known club in Scotland. Three successive promotions; three successive championships (and a Challenge Cup to boot). Ferguson took over East Stirlingshire at the bottom of the Third Division. He leaves them 3 ½ years later sitting 7th​ in the SPL. A magnificent achievement.

Meanwhile his new club Aberdeen will be hoping he has similar success at the Dons. They sit bottom of the SPL and relegation is a real possibility. Such a scenario is unthinkable to the chairman and fans as the club could easily go into administration as their finances will collapse without SPL football next year.

Steam Achievement unlocked: HEADHUNTED
View attachment 207512
View attachment 207513

Last edited:
Great job, must be awfull to reject that tycoon takeover!

Season Four (Part Two) – Aberdeen – Scottish Premier League

View attachment 207872

The step up in class is evident from the start. Better stadium. Better training facilities. Better players. And a transfer budget for once! A cool £1.3m. With the club bottom of the SPL I’m going to need to maximise that budget and get in some quality players ASAP.

Key Signings

Daniel Galbraith (AML)
£275k from Dundee

View attachment 207873

Former Hibs, Hearts and Man Utd man. We have a clear lack of decent left wingers at the club. Galbraith will go straight into the side.

Gavin Morrison (DM)
£475k from Motherwell

View attachment 207874

I like my DMs to be able to play ball as well and Morrison fits the bill. I had other targets in mind but they were too expensive.

Elton Monteiro (DCL)
£625k from Crewe

View attachment 207877

We have the worst defensive record in the league. This must change if we are to starve off relegation. Pacey defenders are a must in the modern game.

Kim Greve (AMC)
Free Transfer

View attachment 207878

Delighted with this signing on a free. Tried to get him at the start of the season for East Stirlingshire but couldn’t agree terms. A signing for next season really but great potential.

December 2014

Aberdeen 2 v 1 Hibs

Aberdeen 0 v 3 Celtic

Rangers 2 v 0 Aberdeen

Motherwell 2 v 2 Aberdeen

Aberdeen 2 v 0 Kilmarnock

Dunfermline 1 v 1 Aberdeen

January 2015

Aberdeen 1 v 3 Hearts

Scottish Cup 4th​ Round
Celtic 3 v 1 Aberdeen

Celtic 2 v 1 Aberdeen

Dundee Utd 1 v 3 Aberdeen

Aberdeen 3 v 2 St Johnstone

Aberdeen 3 v 0 East Stirlingshire

February

Inverness 3 v 8 Aberdeen

Hibs 1 v 3 Aberdeen

Aberdeen 2 v 0 Rangers

Aberdeen 0 v 4 Motherwell

March

Kilmarnock 2 v 5 Aberdeen

Aberdeen 3 v 1 Dunfermline

April

Aberdeen 0 v 1 Celtic

Hearts 1 v 3 Aberdeen

Aberdeen 2 v 0 Hearts

Celtic 1 v 2 Aberdeen

May

Aberdeen 2 v 4 Rangers

Dundee Utd 0 v 2 Aberdeen

Hibs 0 v 5 Aberdeen

ABERDEEN COMPLETE REMARKABLE TURNAROUND

View attachment 207879
View attachment 207880

Aberdeen chairman Steven Milne can pat himself on the back this afternoon. His decision to sack Roy Keane and replace him with up-and-coming managerial star Alex Ferguson has proven to be a massive success.

With the club rooted to the bottom of the table, Aberdeen were looking down the barrel. However the Fergie factor has worked again with the club witnessing a remarkable turnaround in fortunes under the stewardship of Ferguson. His shrewd transfer dealings, tactical know-how and great motivation skills have seen Aberdeen not only get off the bottom of the table but they have shot up to finish 4th​ in the SPL. Don’s fans are buzzing ahead of the new season wondering if Fergie can continue this form into his first full season in charge.

Unfortunately my former club East Stirlingshire have suffered badly since I left finishing second bottom. Hopefully they can regroup next year as I would hate to see my hard work in getting to the top division become undone.

A STAR IS BORN?

View attachment 207883

Young striker Paul McAusland has been the star of my tenure so far. His set piece delivery has changed many a game for me. His rise hasn't went unnoticed either with Everton, Aston Villa and MANCHESTER UNITED sniffing around. I almost sold him to Everton in January for £500k. I'll be asking for much more than that if I can't hold onto him during the summer!

Great season mate!!. Well done with the Aberdeen job. LOL East Stirlingshire stayed up!!

Another top-quality update! Love to follow it!
What's your goal for the next season?

Will never forget when KingEric did this a couple of years ago, absolutely loved it. Are you attempting to emulate each one of his achievements or just his clubs? Either way, it should be very interesting and looks like you are doing well so far.

Keep it up :)

Another top-quality update! Love to follow it!
What's your goal for the next season?

With a couple of decent signings I see no reason why I couldn't finish 3rd behind the Old Firm. I'd love to win a cup too and get in Europe.

Will never forget when KingEric did this a couple of years ago, absolutely loved it. Are you attempting to emulate each one of his achievements or just his clubs? Either way, it should be very interesting and looks like you are doing well so far.

Keep it up :)

Cheers. I would have liked to have went to St Mirren first before Aberdeen but they were in the division below and reject TWO job applications from me. Dastards!

I'd like to stay at Aberdeen for a few years and hopefully topple the Old Firm just as Fergie did. And if I ever do get to manage United I'd like to overtake Fergie's 25 years too. Ambitious yes but I love long term games especially after all the recognised players have retired and the game is full of regens.

Also I use steam and would like to unlock as many achievements as possible using this save. Currently at 61% done. Go the Scottish Hero one for the first time ever (promotion from the lowest to highest division) on this save. Others include staying at a club for 20 years and topping the Hall of Fame. I think I could do them alright once in charge of Man Utd

Also I use steam and would like to unlock as many achievements as possible using this save. Currently at 61% done. Go the Scottish Hero one for the first time ever (promotion from the lowest to highest division) on this save. Others include staying at a club for 20 years and topping the Hall of Fame. I think I could do them alright once in charge of Man Utd

Good luck with this! Would be a great feat if you could manage it :)