Sir Alex Ferguson: The Career.

• Thread starter Thread starter W4NKER
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 158
  • Views Views 50K
Dont normally follow storys to do with Utd,as i am a chelsea fan.But this is exceptional.

Cheers. Almost finished the current season so expect and update by the end of the day

Can't wait for it mate! I'm quite tempted to do the challenge myself but will be awhile. Haven't had the time to play FM atm and i'm yet to get bored of my united game with plenty of potential world beaters coming through the ranks.

Sorry folks, going to end this. In truth I just couldnt be arsed writing up the big updates. Sorry.

I've finished the season - came 2nd and won the Scottish Cup. Man Utd manager Alex McLeish was sacked towards the end of the season but I was overlooked for the job :'(. My cup win and a spell in the Champions League next season will help my reputation increase for when the Utd job becomes available again.

Champions League
View attachment 233068

Scottish Cup
View attachment 233069

I'll continue to play the save and post end of season screenshots if mods leave the thread open

Just managed to get East Stirling to the SPL myself so following keenly :L

I need that skin :P

Fantastic story so far mate. I can't see why Manchester United wouldn't want you at the helm

Are you going to be posting a next season and if so when ?

(Need something to get me back into FM2012 and haven't felt right about not completing this)

Season Six

2016-17

Aberdeen

SPL

3-1 v Hamilton
2-2 v Kilmarnock
1-1 v Dunfermline
1-3 v Hearts
1-3 v Rangers
2-1 v St Johnstone
0-1 v Motherwell
1-1 v Dundee Utd
1-0 v Hibs
2-1 v Celtic
6-1 v Hamilton
3-1 v Kilmarnock
2-2 v Dunfermline
6-0 v Falkirk
2-0 v Hearts
2-2 v Rangers
1-2 v Motherwell
5-0 v St Johnstone
3-1 v Falkirk
5-0 v Dundee Utd
1-3 v Celtic
4-1 v Hibs
5-1 v Hamilton
3-2 v Kilmarnock
3-1 v Dunfermline
0-1 v Hearts
1-1 v Rangers
0-0 v St Johnstone
2-0 v Motherwell
4-2 v Falkirk
6-0 v Dundee Utd
3-2 v Celtic
2-2 v Hibs
1-2 v Celtic
4-2 v St Johnstone
1-0 v Motherwell
2-0 v Hearts
1-2 v Rangers

Final Table

View attachment 253259

Finished 2nd after a couple of years at 3rd. Rally pleased with breaking up the Old Firm top-two dominance (just like Fergie did all those years ago).

Champions League football, albeit via the qualifiers, next year. Hopefully we can make the group stages - it will do our finances the world of good.

League Cup

2-0 v Iverness CT - 3rd Rnd
1-2 v Rangers - Qtr Final

A disappointing exit though hardly surprising against a strong Rangers side. Proof we are still some way off toppling the Old Firm.

Scottish Cup

2-2 v St Mirren - 4th Rnd
1-0 v St Mirren - 4th Rnd Replay
0-0 v Dundee - 5th Rnd
4-2 v Dundee - 5th Rnd Replay
8-0 v Queens Park - Qtr Final
5-2 v Inverness - Semi Final
4-1 v MOTHERWELL - FINAL

Sensational!! After many years of little success the fans finally have something to cheer about! Completely thrilled and will enhance my reputation should the Manchester United job become available anytime soon.

View attachment 253258

Europa League

3-0 v Slaven Belupo - 3rd Qual Rnd (1)
4-0 v Slaven Belupo - 3rd Qual Rnd (2)
2-2 v Sparta Prague - 4th Qual Rnd (1)
3-2 v Sparta Prague - 4th Qual Rnd (2)

Group Stage

2-1 v Kobenhavn (h)
0-1 v Leverkusen (a)
1-2 v Bursaspor (a)
1-1 v Bursaspor (h)
3-0 v Kobenhavn (a)
0-0 v Leverkusen (h)

View attachment 253257

Player of the Season

Paul McAusland

View attachment 253256

Sensational return. Have already rejected bids from Everton and West Ham. Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal have all expressed an interest. Wont be long before I'm forced to sell.

During the season Man Utd manager Alex McLeish (yea, McLeish!! lol) got sacked. I applied for the job but was unsuccessful with former Turkey international Emre getting the job instead.

Thats twice now I've been unable to secure the Utd job. Hopefully third time lucky and the Scottish Cup win has enhanced my reputation further.

With a 'continental' reputation I'm alongside Andre Vilas-Boas and Alan Shearer as the best in the UK and with a win ratio of 60% I'm 4th best. Hopefully Utd are paying attention!

View attachment 253263View attachment 253266

Last edited:
Just sat and read from page 1 mate, this is truly exceptional! Please continue it!

2017-18

Aberdeen

Main Summer Transfers

Mamadou Bamba (GK)
£750,000 from Rabotnicki

View attachment 254230

A massive transfer considering our size and budget. A few other European teams were after him so I offered him maximum salaray and thankfully he signed. The potential to be much much better.

Sufian Parrilla Moran (DL)
Free from Leverkusen

View attachment 254232
Released by Leverkusen I could hardly believe my luck when his agent recommended him. A top class LB for the Scottish League.

Roberto Di Florio
Loan from Tottenham

View attachment 254231
Signed the previous summer by Spurs for £6.5m, Di Florio has a point to prove after only one English Premier League goal. Should score buckets against SPL defences.

August Fixtures
(SPL unless stated)

3-2 v Celtic (a)

3-3 v Benfica (h) - Champions League Qual.3 Leg 1

2-0 v Dundee Utd (h)

2-3 v Benfica (a) - Champions League Qual.3 Leg 2 (Agg: 5-6)

4-1 v Hamilton (a)

1-1 v St Johnstone (h)

5-0 v Trabzonspor (h) - Europa League 4th Qual Rnd Leg 1

1-0 v Hibs (a)

3-3 v Trabzonpor (a) - Europa League 4th Qual Rnd Leg 2 (AGG:8-3)

ABERDEEN SEAL PLACE IN EUROPA LEAGUE GROUP STAGE

With Scottish football taking many beatings in Europe over the last few seasons, us qualifying for the group stages will do the world of good. However I cant but feel disappointed after pushing a great Benfica side all the way on the Champions League qualifier. Perhaps we'll take that extra step next year (if I'm still in charge of course!)

Group I

View attachment 254224 Aberdeen View attachment 254224
View attachment 254225 Schalke View attachment 254225
View attachment 254227 Metalist View attachment 254227
View attachment 254226 Rapid Bucharest View attachment 254226

SPL

View attachment 254222

A solid start as we sit behind early pace-setters Rangers.

Player of the Month

Roberto Di Florio

Our Spurs loanee has been absolutely lethal with 9 goals in his first 9 games. Long may it continue.

View attachment 254223

September 2017

6-1 v Raith (h)

2-3 v Rangers (a)

3-0 v Metalist (a) - Europa League Group I

1-0 v Motherwell (h)

4-1 v Berwick (a) - League Cup 3rd Rnd

5-2 v Kilmarnock

A very good month with defeat at Ibrox the only set back; even more disappointing considering we led Rangers 2-1 for a while. Any result there would have has us top of the league. However as it stands us, Celtic and Rangers are only separated by goal difference. The title race looks exciting and it fair to say we're right in it!

SPL

View attachment 254275

Player of the Month

Paul McAusland

View attachment 254276

5 goals this month was only halted by a gashed leg. Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool have all expressed interest in this kid before and on this form I fear they're all be back. Maybe Utd will take me with him!

October 2017

ABERDEEN SHOCK EUROPE!!

4-2 v Schalke (h) - Europa League Group I

3-0 v Hearts (a)

3-1 v Dunfermline (h)

3-2 v Rapid Bucharest (h) - Europa League Group I

0-2 v Celtic (h)

A sensational victory over German giants Schalke is arguably the greatest result of my managerial career so far and sets us up with a good chance to qualify from the group. In the league we again came unstuck against an Old Firm club. We need to start picking up points against Celtic and Rangers if we are to win the league.

SPL

View attachment 254331

Player of the Month

Marcello Trotta

View attachment 254332

PoM simply for his stunning hat-trick against Schalke. He started the season as backup striker but on this form he's straight into the team.

November 2017

ABERDEEN SEAL PLACE IN NEXT ROUND

2-3 v Hibs (h) - League Cup Qtr Final

4-1 v Dundee Utd (a)

1-0 v Rapid Bucharest (a) - Europa League Group I

4-0 v Hamilton (h)

5-1 v St Johnstone (a)

Delighted to have qualified for the knockout stages of the Europa League. However massively disappointed to have lost out to Hibs in the League Cup. Personally I was hoping for a domestic cup double this season to help boost the reputation.

On a tactical note, after relying on outscoring teams for most of the season because of our dodgy defence the 3-2 defeat to Hibs was the final straw. Removing the offside trap is the first port of call!

SPL

View attachment 254362

Player of the Month

Paul McAusland

View attachment 254363

Our star man. 5 goals this month and his first international goal for Scotland as well. I'm gonna tie him down to a new long term contract before the transfer window opens

Manager of the Month

View attachment 254361

December 2017

ABERDEEN STORM AWAY!!

4-0 v Metalist (h) - Europa League Group I

3-0 v Hibs (h)

4-0 v Rangers (h)

0-1 v Schalke (a) - Europa League Group I

4-1 v Raith (a)

3-0 v Kilmarnock (a)

3-1 v Motherwell (a)

We've opened up a massive 8 point lead at the top of the table. A superb 4-0 thrashing of Rangers has set the tone for the remainder of the season. A first SPL title since the days of the real Fergie is certainly a possibility now.

SPL

View attachment 254398

Player of the Month

Paul McAusland

View attachment 254399

Another blistering month for our best player. 9 goals in the 5 games he played. Even had the luxury of resting him against Schalke as we were long since qualified from the group.

Manager of the Month

View attachment 254397

Europa League First Knockout Round

View attachment 254401ABERDEEN View attachment 254401

V

View attachment 254400STEAU
View attachment 254400

Back