Looks like people enjoy this tactic. Thank you so much you all for testing, great!
I'm still having fun with this tactic too. (A)

Best tactic I have used so far on this patch. Cup, league and champions league treble with Ajax 1st season. Really enjoying it wel done mate :D

Little update for this tactic.

New versions and different formations. Don't ask me what is the best tactic, cause it will be different to everyone. In my opinion, it works really well. Crushed Barca away from home with a standard Ajax squad. Good luck!

Control version - 4-1-2-2-1 formation (wingers) - Version 2.4 - 2.4 - Different 433
Control version - 4-2-3-1 formation (wingers) - Version 2.5 - 2.5 - Different 433

I am using in my tactics set the 2.1 version from the OP, the latest 2.2 and the latest 2.3. All three control versions. If you need any counter version than you can use the 2.3.

Its quite confusing with all your uploaded tactics. You've only desribed three version/tactics in your first post but there are several others for download. Which is what exactley??

Is your 2.3 version the same as MrExtinction?? Because, thats the only 2.3 I can find
  • 2.5 - Different 433.tac‎ (1.1 KB, 6 views)
  • tac.gif
    2.4 - Different 433.tac‎ (1.1 KB, 4 views)
  • tac.gif
    2.3 MrExtinction - Different 433.tac‎ (1.1 KB, 368 views)
  • tac.gif
    2.1 - Different 433.tac‎ (1.1 KB, 332 views)
  • tac.gif
    2.0 - Different 433.tac‎ (1,020 Bytes, 232 views)

Last edited:
Its quite confusing with all your uploaded tactics. You've only desribed three version/tactics in your first post but there are several others for download. Which is what exactley??

Is your 2.3 version the same as MrExtinction?? Because, thats the only 2.3 I can find

I think you'll find that the other tactics except from MrExtinction's 2.3 are all just variations of one another (different formations etc) because 2.3 is the only one set to counter that I'm aware off anyway, so it's more for when you're the underdog.

I just use 2.1 when I'm the favourite or evens at home and use 2.3 when I'm away or the underdog, but if I'm the clear favourite then I use 2.1 away.

I have described all version in the OP, except the 2.4 and the 2.5. These last two updates have the same tactical way of play as the 2.1 etc, but are other formations. So if you are looking for a particular formation you can use the 2.4, 2.5, or just the 2.1. The 2.3 is the only one with counter.

I'm back here with results after full season. Haven't been playing FM for 2 weeks, so I finished first season today. Media Prediction - forgot to make a ss, about 16-18. Don't want to write too much, so screenshots will tell you about my football year)
View attachment 344385View attachment 344381View attachment 344380View attachment 344379

Made some transfers in the summer and after 6 games I'm first in Eredivisie, beat Fiorentina in playoff EL 3-2, 0-0!!! My EL group is Arsenal, Dinamo(M) and Lech. Will post results after the half of second season) Beautiful tactic mate and again it's not popular, but I'm sure that u have a few fans)

P.S. Have some troubles with ss, look at screenshots in the post)

Christian which one are the new tactics and also which tactic did you use agains Juve and Arsenal in that screenshot? Looks unreal! Want to use with my recently promoted crewe team (into the BPL) not the strongest team by a mile but looks like that wont be a problem with these!

Christian which one are the new tactics and also which tactic did you use agains Juve and Arsenal in that screenshot? Looks unreal! Want to use with my recently promoted crewe team (into the BPL) not the strongest team by a mile but looks like that wont be a problem with these!
The new tactics are in the OP, not in the attachments. I used the 4.0 against Juve and Arsenal.

What's the difference between 3.0 and 2.1 ?
Some little tweaks. So if 3.0 doesn't work for you, you can switch back.

I might give it a try. Also i wanted you to know that i'm playing with 2.1 with dortmund, i must say, best tactic i used so far in fm 14. Love the football played with it, won the league title with 120 goals scored and only 20 against. I won with 7 matches to go, and thats when i started to conceed, before that i had 11 goals conceded. Now in second season, played 17, won 17. Thanks for this awesome tactic Christian .

Which one would you recommend for underdog? Heavy underdog
Well, haven't not being the heavy underdog by myself, so I don't know if the tactic is an option. But would say the counter version 5.0. But a control tactic can work as well, in my opinion.

I might give it a try. Also i wanted you to know that i'm playing with 2.1 with dortmund, i must say, best tactic i used so far in fm 14. Love the football played with it, won the league title with 120 goals scored and only 20 against. I won with 7 matches to go, and thats when i started to conceed, before that i had 11 goals conceded. Now in second season, played 17, won 17. Thanks for this awesome tactic Christian .
You are the manager, credits to you. Incredible results!