Sir Goalalot ( 14.3.1 ) 4-2-3-1

• Thread starter Thread starter TheWibe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 956K
Not sure what you mean by version, I downloaded the ones in the OP and I use the counter tactic away from home and the other tactic when I'm favourite, if winning with 10 mins left I change to the park the bus version.

thanks mate

so coz u was underdog all season did u use the standard tactic for most of the season home and away ? and for some matches if u r fav u use the fav tactic ?

so coz u was underdog all season did u use the standard tactic for most of the season home and away ? and for some matches if u r fav u use the fav tactic ?
I mainly used the counter one yes but when my team was in good form and morale was through the roof I used the favourite tactic for all home games, just keep morale up and make sure you have a good CAM and you should do good

The match engine is so unfairly weighted to help the CPU in this game. I just lost a game 3-1, with the opposition only having 1 shot on target (one not-shot goal was a cross that went in, and the other was an own goal)

Last edited:
The match engine is so unfairly weighted to help the CPU in this game. I just lost a game 3-1, with the opposition only having 1 shot on target (one not-shot goal was a cross that went in, and the other was an own goal)
I feel this way too, my strikers struggle to bury their CCC's whereas opposition strikers never miss

I always start with counter no matter who im playing,if i need a goal after 65/70 min then i switch to favourite,if im defending then i switch to holdalot around the 75th minute.As for team talks i always do my own.I always do a week of team cohesion each month when training.Dunno if this will help anybody but i thought i,d share the way im using the tactics.

Managed to win the league.

Media prediction was 24th, instead I won the league :)

View attachment 656469

After this season I was again predicted to Finish 24th in League One and was able to seal promotion via the play-offs and could/should have gone up automatically but I struggle to put away CCC's vs the bad teams, confusing.

Anyway, great tactic once again, thanks.

View attachment 350524

For Team Cohesion training I just do it on High for the pre-season and then it should be at "the players have a good understanding" or "the players are blending well together" either will do, then I change it to balanced and Average, by the end of the first season you should have "The players have developed an extremely strong understanding" or something alone those lines.

What I really hate about this tactic is the insane amount of times my team simply just gives the ball to the opposition, thus giving them the chances on a silver platter.

Curious Question everyone, but first a little back story,

About to enter the 2017/2018 Season in my FM2014 game started unemployed, but made myself with an international rep, so it wouldn't be to hard to land the bigger teams in the future. Now after 2 pretty successful season as Bayern Munich's Head Coach (1st Season, Won League and Pokal, but knocked out in CL QFs, and 2nd season Won League again, lost in Finals for Pokal and Champions League, ugh, haha) Manchester City opened up in my game since Pellegrini retired (Guess he didn't want to play in the Europa League, as they've been pretty dominate in my games, but 2016/2017 season was an off year for them and they finished 6th) and with it's Massive Funds (Ironically more than Bayern in my game) and the chance to play in the Premier League decided to take the plunge for that instead and they gave me a 4 year contract :)...

Thus, looking over their roster they are a prime team to play a 4-2-3-1 so these tactics looks intriguing to use. However, the question I have is since the Tactic Mentality is Counter and Control would that conflict with the Board wanting me to play Attacking Soccer?

The other 2 philosophies the board wants is sign youth players to first team and also sign high profile players, and that's something I did in Bayern, so that shouldn't be a problem here, but the mentality part is what I'm a little concerned with hence curious as I really want to try these tactics if possible, but just not quite sure how important the board philosophies are as I'm still pretty new to FM2014.

However, the question I have is since the Tactic Mentality is Counter and Control would that conflict with the Board wanting me to play Attacking Soccer?

The other 2 philosophies the board wants is sign youth players to first team and also sign high profile players, and that's something I did in Bayern, so that shouldn't be a problem here, but the mentality part is what I'm a little concerned with hence curious as I really want to try these tactics if possible, but just not quite sure how important the board philosophies are as I'm still pretty new to FM2014.

I play as Manchester United and they have the same, wanting to play attacking football and I'm using this tactic for 1.5 seasons now & under board confidence the attacking football philsophy is filled up, so yes it will be fine. Board philosophies basically mean they are more likely to sack you if you aren't meeting expectations & not fulfilling their requested philosophies.

hmm played with arsenal but this tactic didnt seem to work that well got back to my bayern munchen save and kept winning hoping one day arsenal will work aswell:P

Back