Sir Goalalot ( 14.3.1 ) 4-2-3-1

• Thread starter Thread starter TheWibe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 956K
OK, good to know. Then I'm around 450 km away from you! :D

Good tactic btw, used this as a template to create my own. A few player roles changes so suit my team more, for an example the striker is now a poacher. Dale Carrick, with 9 finishing, scoring 33 goals in 35 games so far. Working a threat with Holt behind him as a trequarista, getting more assists than games lol.

Sorry for multiple posts, but would love to know what team you are using and some of the changes you have made :)

Nice tactics, but is there any way to hold onto a lead? When using the counter tactic and going ahead away from home, inevitably I always concede 5 - 10 mins after.

I haven't played FM for a week, I was using the original tactics before the new ones came on the first page on the 5th August. I've been loving this save, but are the two new ones better than the original tactics? And, if so, have any of the roles changed? Because I'm more than half way through a season and bought players to fit the original two tactics roles.....thanks in advance

Yeah the CAM/Striker combo can be improved I think I am using Morata as a Target man and hes doing a tidy job may experiement with Treq at CAM as well!

Wibe if I put FBs to support then surely the attacking side of the tactic gets ruinned?
Fb ( S ) will cover ur W ( A ) , That mean he'll attack if have chance

Well Liverpool just destroyed me after I beat them 2-1 away from home last season 4-0 they had 6 CCCs, all crosses or corners apparently Liverpool are stoke now ha

I haven't played FM for a week, I was using the original tactics before the new ones came on the first page on the 5th August. I've been loving this save, but are the two new ones better than the original tactics? And, if so, have any of the roles changed? Because I'm more than half way through a season and bought players to fit the original two tactics roles.....thanks in advance
Correct me if i'am wrong, but only difference is offside trap and mentality in counter tactic( fluid -> standard)

4 cc against fulham, im done thought this tactic was the one one season wonder as per fudging hate FM 14

Sorry for multiple posts, but would love to know what team you are using and some of the changes you have made :)

I'm Hearts, came second behind Celtic in the lead, starting out with -15 points. The team was under administration, and they sold some of my best players before the season started. So my prediction was 12th, which is last place.

I have did a lot of changes, difficult to write all, but I will the take the most important ones, starting out with the original favourite version. I used my training games to tweak, and I found out I conceded a lot, so I wanted to change that.

- First I wanted to make my players to not press as much, as it leaves spaces behind. Therefore I unticked hassle opponents in team instructions.
- Then I wanted to find out a good strategy to increase my percentages of good tacklings. I implemented play aggressive in the team instructions. I found out this made me won the ball more often, usually over 85 % good tacklings each game.
- I also wanted to get more players around the ball to win the ball. Therefore I removed play wider in team instructions. Now my players have very fluid fluidity, hard tacklings, all have mark tighter and they play closer together because of the width change. This makes my team play as a great unit for winning the ball. Much better defense after this.
- Next I wanted to use my fullbacks more in the attack. I found out they were a bit closed of space to run into because of the wingers. I simply took the wingers into attacking midfielders, so I have 3 CAM's now. The outside CAM's are shadow strikers, the one in the middle treq.
- The centrebacks do not have cover anymore, instead they both are normal defenders.
- All players have tight marking and hard tacklings implemented in the player instructions.
- The two ball winners now have defend duty, to get better cover in defence. I don't want them leaving there position as much pressing.
- I also implemented look for overlap in team instructions. The fullbacks get's the ball more in attack, scoring goals and crossing.

This was some of the changes, feel free to try some of them yourself. Of course I also changed many player instructions.

Last edited:
I'm Hearts, came second behind Celtic in the lead, starting out with -15 points. The team was under administration, and they sold some of my best players before the season started. So my prediction was 12th, which is last place.

I have did a lot of changes, difficult to write all, but I will the take the most important ones, starting out with the original favourite version. I used my training games to tweak, and I found out I conceded a lot, so I wanted to change that.

- First I wanted to make my players to not press as much, as it leaves spaces behind. Therefore I unticked hassle opponents in team instructions.
- Then I wanted to find out a good strategy to increase my percentages of good tacklings. I implemented play aggressive in the team instructions. I found out this made me won the ball more often, usually over 85 % good tacklings each game.
- I also wanted to get more players around the ball to win the ball. Therefore I removed play wider in team instructions. Now my players have very fluid fluidity, hard tacklings, all have mark tighter and they play closer together because of the width change. This makes my team play as a great unit for winning the ball. Much better defense after this.
- Next I wanted to use my fullbacks more in the attack. I found out they were a bit closed of space to run into because of the wingers. I simply took the wingers into attacking midfielders, so I have 3 CAM's now. The outside CAM's are shadow strikers, the one in the middle treq.
- The centrebacks do not have cover anymore, instead they both are normal defenders.
- All players have tight marking and hard tacklings implemented in the player instructions.
- The two ball winners now have defend duty, to get better cover in defence. I don't want them leaving there position as much pressing.
- I also implemented look for overlap in team instructions. The fullbacks get's the ball more in attack, scoring goals and crossing.

This was some of the changes, feel free to try some of them yourself. Of course I also changed many player instructions.

please share your tweak

please share your tweak

Ok, maybe easier than writing a book about it. :P
Good luck, but don't shoot me if it goes totally bad. It works wonders for me, that's all I know ;)

BTW I use no set pieces instructions. I likes to have it randomly. You can do what you want to do with it.
And I play FMC, therefore no OI's for me. Don't know what's best in normal version. My training is balanced - high, training before and after game both ticked. Of course the training is different on normal version, but do what you're used to.

Last edited:
Arsenal supporter good lad!

Or just an Henry supporter? This tactic could work for Arsenal Ozil as the Treq, Santi and jack as the SS buy two new BWM

Arsenal supporter good lad!

Or just an Henry supporter? This tactic could work for Arsenal Ozil as the Treq, Santi and jack as the SS buy two new BWM

Big Arsenal supporter and Henry supporter. Henry's the reason I became an Arsenal supporter. :D

Should do well with Arsenal, but the bad thing is probably Walcott then, but I can see him do well as poacher.

Haven't played mutch the last weeks and I have just startet a new save with Crystal Palace. I see many of you are talking about various tweaks, but what tactic should I try? I have startet preseason with the original tactics. I think CPFC could do quite well with this tactic.

Back