Sir Goalalot ( 14.3.1 ) 4-2-3-1

• Thread starter Thread starter TheWibe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 956K
Do i need to change the tac every years or does it still working every years?

It's got nothing to do with eachother im pretty sure.

All the 4-2-3-1 tactics out there looks like goalalot if you just look at them.

If you like to play exploit middle with wide play to stretch the team it pretty much woudl be similare depending on how you lay out you're passing.

What distinguish them from eachother is the individual player instructions, how you want the midtfield to work and the dynamics and synergy it creates with the defence and the AMC slot to set up wingers/Strikers.

My tweaks were based on goalaloth when i did **** version, but i also find it very similare to steatons wich i played a lot before, so i guess we get inspired by those tactics working.

the fact that 4-2-3-1 more or less is 90% of the good tactics out there now, makes a lot look similare despite its not.

he may or may not be inspired by goalalot, but the achivement is impressive the same. Pescara to pick up a throphy first season is pretty unbevlivable unless you got eighter got the save/reload going or braindmg from AI (happends) were sudenly red card streak for big teams occoure.

I would say Italy is a strange league becasue its the only coutnry in FM2014 i have ever gotten fired.

Keep up the good work!
I've never completed a season in Italy, with Juventus I got fired for finishing 3rd but I assume these tactics are related somehow, who knows if the guy copied it on purpose.

I'm thinking about removing the Favorite ( Control ) version, as I don't think its working as it should.
And I don't have any problems playing small teams with the Standard ( Counter ) version.

I take the final decision in a few days, so let me know what you guys think :)
Hmm I alter a lot between your Favourite and Standard so much I can't notice the difference. But I distinctly remember using Favorite on my VITA (FMC engine) and getting 25+ Shots to the opponent's 0. I know, it's a one off, but I constantly get really low chances for the not so big teams.
Do i need to change the tac every years or does it still working every years?
As far as I know, as long as your team cohesion is high, you don't need to do this.

Although it's always good to have 3 viable tactics for your team. :) I like to use 4231 SirGoalalot/Favourite, Mohin's 4-2-4, and my own one that I've made.

AFAIK Monaco's default team doesn't have wingers? I mean James can play there, but no one else can opposite him (he's left footed naturally and I don't remember there being a good RW - unless you count Reveliere's potential).

But the CMs should be good - Kondogbia, Toulalan, Moutinho (and I think Toulalan and/or Moutinho can play AMC - but you should really be playing James in the AP role for this tactic). And Striker you should be set with Falcao/Berbatov.

Who have you bought (if any)?

Curious question for this into Tactics on the opposition itself.

So far my achillies heel for my Man City squad has been dealing with the stellar 5 star wingers that plays an AML or AMR... Bottom line I have a tough time handling them because the teams that have them, normally have the shout to switch to the other flank within their tactic, so it makes Man Marking that star winger or wingers in Man U's case pretty brutal. (since when they switch to the opposite flank they become unmarked again)

Is there any suggestion someone has to perhaps counter something like that? Besides normally setting the opposition instruction to close down. I've also tried on occasion giving the Personal Instruction of "Tighter Marking" but I'm not sure if that really does anything unless the player actually has a target that's specifically marked, so if I can get some pointers that would be great.

As so far my 2017/2018 Man City Season has been stellar, but still haven't really found an efficient way to deal with Manchester United's stacked wing players as I'm 1-2 so far against them and they just knocked me out the Capital One Cup Semi's, on a 7-5 Aggregate, so as you can see I have a brutal time containing their wingers, lol.

Could you paste your tactics link? From your past comments I noticed that you are using 2 tactics ( home & away ), not just one.

At the moment I am using TweakalotFinal. Had a good start, won the first 2 matches and then I lost 2-3 matches due to injuries and not having enough players for the midfield. After winning 2-1 from my rivals my team has gone on a winning streak. Had gone down to 10th after the lost matches. Now am at 1st place.

At the moment I am using TweakalotFinal. Had a good start, won the first 2 matches and then I lost 2-3 matches due to injuries and not having enough players for the midfield. After winning 2-1 from my rivals my team has gone on a winning streak. Had gone down to 10th after the lost matches. Now am at 1st place.

Can I ask what team you are?

Very good tactic indeed, Im not totally sure if the update of 5 august is better then the Original (counter) one though.
I would advice to change the defensive settings of corners and free kicks in someting else, I conceded way too much when i started to use this tactic

I've never completed a season in Italy, with Juventus I got fired for finishing 3rd but I assume these tactics are related somehow, who knows if the guy copied it on purpose.

Ofcourse he COULD have copied and changed some obviouse things jsut so it looks different on his post even, but you want to be the guy thinking the glass is half empty, then we are different.

Statisticly speaking, he did not copy it.

how i can say that?

Well its easy. Like i explained in the last post 90% of all tactics thats successfull today is 4-2-3-1.

Before goalalot it was statons, but did anyone claime wibe copied staton? ofc not ><

It's no secret atm that 4-2-3-1 is the most successfull formation, and regardless of ppl wanting to have more strikers or 3 CM or whatever, noone has worked azs hard on say flat 4-3-3 as 4-2-3-1.

Thats why 4-2-3-1 is more successfull atm, but who knows, maybe the one that works the best is 3-5-2 or even 5-4-1 ?

The glass i half full, and i commend Barclays for winning the cup with Pescara, its a real achivement. (based on the facts present)

Back