Sir Goalalot ( 14.3.1 ) 4-2-3-1

• Thread starter Thread starter TheWibe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 956K
Thats why 4-2-3-1 is more successfull atm, but who knows, maybe the one that works the best is 3-5-2 or even 5-4-1 ?

Actually, I found a pretty good 4-1-4-1 formation that worked well for my Bayern Munich team before I moved to Man City in 2017/2018.. First year with it won the League and German Cup but lost in the Quarters of the Champions League. 2nd Year, won the League again, but lost in Finals of German Cup and Champions League.

Naturally it's not as fancy as the 4-2-3-1 here which I enjoy the most, but it still got the job done to land me the Man City job this season, heh.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-14-tactics/153027-fm14-pep-guardiola-bayern-munich-%5B14-2%5D.html

WBA save with the new update:

September

Vs Chelsea
View attachment 347304

Vs United
View attachment 347300View attachment 347299

Poc's freekick vs United (Goal of the month)
View attachment 347296View attachment 347297

2x in team of week
View attachment 347298View attachment 347303

Almeida homesick :(
View attachment 347301

Stats
View attachment 347295

League standings

View attachment 347294

Offered new contract 3 years already!
View attachment 347302

Manager of the month!
View attachment 347293

Last edited:
Actually, I found a pretty good 4-1-4-1 formation that worked well for my Bayern Munich team before I moved to Man City in 2017/2018.. First year with it won the League and German Cup but lost in the Quarters of the Champions League. 2nd Year, won the League again, but lost in Finals of German Cup and Champions League.

Naturally it's not as fancy as the 4-2-3-1 here which I enjoy the most, but it still got the job done to land me the Man City job this season, heh.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-14-tactics/153027-fm14-pep-guardiola-bayern-munich-%5B14-2%5D.html

Ye i know about that formation, but in my opinion its not even close to as good overall as the best 4-2-3-1 formations thats been conquering FM the last patches.

However, if you want a break for it and want to try something new thats one of the formations i would highly recommend.

Now if i get to finish my **** formation this weekend you will see something entierly new you can play yaround with ;)

It's probs just utter shait anyways, but im looking forward to the feedback :D

WBA save with the new update:

September

Vs Chelsea
View attachment 663854

Vs United
View attachment 663864View attachment 663866

Poc's freekick vs United (Goal of the month)
View attachment 663872View attachment 663869

2x in team of week
View attachment 663868View attachment 663857

Almeida homesick :(
View attachment 663862

Stats
View attachment 663876

League standings

View attachment 663878

Offered new contract 3 years already!
View attachment 663859

Manager of the month!
View attachment 663879
What update?

What update?

>< Whats you're adress?

i want to mail you binoculars, or do you need a telescope? I hear hubble is getting replaced, i might make an E-bay offerto the US and mail it to you bud (H)

All these tactics definitely work in the sense that I outplay the opposition, but I find just far too often they will have 1 highlight and score it, compared to my 5 highlights. It's not just every so often either, it happens in about 90% of my games.

Wibe's new release (in OP) - WBA save

December

League table
View attachment 347206

Fixtures (8/9 wins not bad at all!)
View attachment 347205

Something extra (after Brunt and Morrison got injured hes been superb)

View attachment 347207

My squad is realy REALY feeling the toll now of me smacking the transfer and wagebudget on Balanta.
I have loads of injuries forcing me to use a 15 year old as sub for Dorrans as AMC, but it looks like now that transferwindow opens i can atleast secure a loan move for Bruno Fernandes from Udinese as MC/AMC backup.

Needless to say, when the board approached me i changed the goal of the season from mid table to top half. Im not confident we can stay this high throughout the season yet due to so many key injuries.

All it would take now is anotehr injury on oneof my windgers and i got to use a fringe youth as starter..

Last edited:
Ok let me be clear since Hubbles telescope is not for sale yet....

Im using the Tactic in the OP, its only 1 tactic in OP, and that is the NEW and IMPROVED originale of Counter!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!

Ok thx, there was some changes for the official versions in the OP and many tweaks have been posted in this thread aswell. Just asked.

jsut lost 2-0 to QPR at home.. cult not ceate jack **** despite QPR morale was abmyssal as they were 2nd to last grrrrrr

quick question for everyone who's been using this tactic (or slight variations of it): I've made some tweaks to suit my team, and in terms of possession and CCCs, I am really outplaying teams, but I have only won 2 of 7 (the other games being 4 draws and 1 defeat, but 3 of the draws were ridiculous - i had chance after chance, and then they score with every single effort. Even the defeat I was the better team). Would people advise me to stick with it, and hope the results come? Or should I maybe just revert back to the original tactic on the OP?
I often wonder if the game is just biased against some tactics and won't allow you to be successful, regardless of how you're actually playing, which is why I'm considering the change back to the original.

WBA save with the new update (in OP)

January/February

League
View attachment 347128

Fixtures
View attachment 347127

Vent on a dry spell not scoring for 3 games, and realy struggled against QPR's 4-4-1-1, but i puleld it together and the only thing i am realy dissapoitnted with is my 2-2 draw with 10 man cardiff in the cup whom forced me to play a rematch, but i drew the longest straw despite they trying hard to stop me.

The squad is thin, so im quite happy sitting 3rd in the PL.
Honestly at this point im superimpressed by this tactic, and the arsenal game i only allowed 7 shoots were 1 was on goal <3

Live long and prosper Goalalot!

Last edited:
any ppm recommended?

My wingers get lots of chances but alway shooting the outside of the net

Back