Sir Goalalot ( 14.3.1 ) 4-2-3-1

• Thread starter Thread starter TheWibe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 956K
Several tweaks avaible.

I was working on getting more striker goals, and majority of assists from wingers.

Best version is counter orginale, but don't be afraid to tweak it to suit you're team. The setup Wibe has made is superb as standard for any tactic.

I'm thinking about removing the Favorite ( Control ) version, as I don't think its working as it should.
And I don't have any problems playing small teams with the Standard ( Counter ) version.

I take the final decision in a few days, so let me know what you guys think :)

Yea.. I'm not a fan of the Favorite version anymore either, last few games I tried it I barley scratched the surface in goals, and most where either 1-0 or 2-1 (still great possession, but hardly any CCC), and even had a 0-0 game.. Played a big game against Liverpool, while they are struggling this season made sure I went with the counter version, destroyed them 7-0. Ever since than I'm averaging between 3-5 goals now per game after which is pretty insane on just using the counter tactic.

Curious Wibe,

I noticed you said you updated the OP with new training suggestion during the season, and it seems the only difference is instead of Def Positioning for Match Prep it's Tactics Only..

Is that really necessary when the tactic is already fluid? As that seems a bit like wasted space to use, unless I'm missing the reasoning behind it which is probably what I'm doing, lol.

In which club have you tried Thomas Drage? I have just signed him for my Crystal Palace. (Getting him in january). I have Tomas Martinez but need some cover for him.

In Sporting CP. I bought him for 650,000€ its really cheap, and has already scored 14 goals in 16 games of the league, and made 6 assists and 4 times Man Of The Match :)

Curious Wibe,

I noticed you said you updated the OP with new training suggestion during the season, and it seems the only difference is instead of Def Positioning for Match Prep it's Tactics Only..

Is that really necessary when the tactic is already fluid? As that seems a bit like wasted space to use, unless I'm missing the reasoning behind it which is probably what I'm doing, lol.

I know right :P

But my understanding of it, is that the team want be training on anything specific.
I've always been a fan of Defensive positioning. But during my second season with standard, I tried tactic only..
And it worked better in both defense and offense.. I even went on a 11 match streak without conceeding.. never managed that before..

I know right :P

But my understanding of it, is that the team want be training on anything specific.
I've always been a fan of Defensive positioning. But during my second season with standard, I tried tactic only..
And it worked better in both defense and offense.. I even went on a 11 match streak without conceeding.. never managed that before..

Wow, that's impressive! Personally i find using tactics in training really effective on my team's perfomances too :)

OP Updated

- Favorite tactic ( Removed )

" I do no longer recommend to use this tactic "

" The only tactic I recommend to use, is the standard ( Counter ) version "

Well, it seems harder to get this tactic to work with my Crystal Palace team. Started off pretty good, but the last couple of months I'm loosing about every match.

Its kinda fun to play with West Brom, i managed to ****** Balanta up before start becasue they have puny left back coverage, and i got Almeida on free transfer.

Doing ok vs the non op teams, but lost to City home 0-1 without creating squatt all, but defence was alrightish.
Now 2-1 away to liverpool with me having 1 ccc and scoring.

Next WBA - Newcastle

View attachment 347662

Exciting to se throughout the season now!

Wibe, har du skype så pm meg, morro å jatta litt rundt greiene her når man bruker så mye tid på det (H)

Season so far:

Fixtures so far
View attachment 347635

League table
View attachment 347634

Transfers
View attachment 347633

Carling vs Arsenal :D OP WIBE JUST OP!
View attachment 347609

This months fixtures
View attachment 347608

Some awards :D
View attachment 347583 View attachment 347582

Last edited:
will not be so peacefull after 10 -20 years from now when a "reaping evrything " immigrants from africa will take control in the country

Hey, I'm getting beaten a lot here. Having 23 shots, 1 on target and conceding all of the time. Any udeas?

4-2-3-1 Pescara, won the Italian cup in the first season!

Can anyone check this ? Look like he's copy SirGoalalot ?
There are similarities for player roles but the central midfielders and goalkeeper are different. My guess is his tactic is inspired by this.

Team instructions.

Sir Goalalot:
b8e990919a08f7019beb60f6debb14ac.png

Pescara:
79da40883ac1e856b40ff79971541b96.png

Compared (Goalalot on the left and Pescara on the right)
abed1f59290a1fefe794be403362909a.png

I can't be bothered to compare player instructions but Pescara seems to be based on Goalalot, it's a tweak most likely.

P.S I've found that you need good wingers for this to work, my striker does not score much but my fingers (Farfan on my Schalke save) score every game.

It's got nothing to do with eachother im pretty sure.

All the 4-2-3-1 tactics out there looks like goalalot if you just look at them.

If you like to play exploit middle with wide play to stretch the team it pretty much woudl be similare depending on how you lay out you're passing.

What distinguish them from eachother is the individual player instructions, how you want the midtfield to work and the dynamics and synergy it creates with the defence and the AMC slot to set up wingers/Strikers.

My tweaks were based on goalaloth when i did **** version, but i also find it very similare to steatons wich i played a lot before, so i guess we get inspired by those tactics working.

the fact that 4-2-3-1 more or less is 90% of the good tactics out there now, makes a lot look similare despite its not.

he may or may not be inspired by goalalot, but the achivement is impressive the same. Pescara to pick up a throphy first season is pretty unbevlivable unless you got eighter got the save/reload going or braindmg from AI (happends) were sudenly red card streak for big teams occoure.

I would say Italy is a strange league becasue its the only coutnry in FM2014 i have ever gotten fired.

Keep up the good work!

Back