Sir Goalalot ( 14.3.1 ) 4-2-3-1

• Thread starter Thread starter TheWibe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 956K
Anyone else with successful tweaks to this formation? Where the team formation still looks like what it did originally (not asymmetric).

I'm playing as a Chelsea coach and it's not going as well as I expected. I'm winning games but most of the wins won by 1 goal, and usually those goals are from corners.

Thanks

you only got 1 tweak?

where is the conn tweak

:D

I havent tweaked it yet, and the originale Goalalot tac i tweaked to death so it actually became worse the more i tried to make it right. Short story, i gave up, not worth downloading unless you play Real Madrid or something that big.

I don't know how much general training actually matters in this game. But instead of focus on fitness (as OP advice us to do in the #1 post), I'm playing with balanced general training. And it's doing wonders for me.

Gonna try another minor tweak , I tend to always have great midfielders in my team that can do way more than be just a ball winning midfielder...

So gonna make one a Box to Box Midfielder Support, and change the other BWM to just Defend instead of Support this way I don't get totally beat in the midfield.

We'll see how this goes...

Wow what skin do u use?

It's called Scorpio Omega:

Scorpio Omega

Pretty cool skin, I like it.

Just be careful if you decide to use it than change to a different skin in the middle of your current game, it slightly screws up the format in the "Inbox". Not game breaking, but the Logos and the Unsubscribe button you'll see in the bottom of an inbox mail when installing the skin will disappear if you change to a different skin and change back. (Logos appear in a different area as it is in my screenshots, but the unsubscribe button totally vanishes, so you gotta click into the player or league logo itself it unsubscribe.)

Gonna try another minor tweak , I tend to always have great midfielders in my team that can do way more than be just a ball winning midfielder...

So gonna make one a Box to Box Midfielder Support, and change the other BWM to just Defend instead of Support this way I don't get totally beat in the midfield.

We'll see how this goes...
BBM - BWM - AP is a great trio for possesion but not great for through ball, because BWM ( D) will always play short simple passes to AP or BBM ~~!

I don't know how much general training actually matters in this game. But instead of focus on fitness (as OP advice us to do in the #1 post), I'm playing with balanced general training. And it's doing wonders for me.
or Ball control ~~!

BBM - BWM - AP is a great trio for possesion but not great for through ball, because BWM ( D) will always play short simple passes to AP or BBM ~~!

Yea was thinking that too... won 2-1 against Tottenham in the Capital One Cup QF, but it wasn't fluid at all as those short passes were happening a bit much.

I tried instead for the next game DLP (S), BWM (S) and AP, Attack, that worked a lot better (won 3-0 away against Ipswich, granted their near the bottom, lol) cause the DLP will do Through balls, so gonna stick with that for a bit see how it goes. Basically I'm trying to find something that's not 2 BWMs...

It's the only thing of the tactic I kind of don't like even though I've had great success with the tactic, just feel with 2 of them it's a bit redundant and I feel my midfielders can do a tad more because their good.

But defiantly open to other suggestions if you got any Goal, heh.

Last edited:
Yea was thinking that too... won 2-1 against Tottenham in the Capital One Cup QF, but it wasn't fluid at all as those short passes were happening a bit much.

I tried instead for the next game DLP (S), BWM (S) and AP, Attack, that worked a lot better (won 3-0 away against Ipswich, granted their near the bottom, lol) cause the DLP will do Through balls, so gonna stick with that for a bit see how it goes. Basically I'm trying to find something that's not 2 BWMs...

It's the only thing of the tactic I kind of don't like even though I've had great success with the tactic, just feel with 2 of them it's a bit redundant and I feel my midfielders can do a tad more because their good.

But defiantly open to other suggestions if you got any Goal, heh.
yeah , I'm workin on that problem . I want a great mid trio that have great through ball but all so have a good defend ^^~

Back