Sir Goalalot ( 14.3.1 ) 4-2-3-1

• Thread starter Thread starter TheWibe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 956K
yeah , I'm workin on that problem . I want a great mid trio that have great through ball but all so have a good defend ^^~

See that's the thing that I'm coming to grips with, the confines of the Match Engine are just terrible at times..

I mean stuff happens that I cannot explain at all and makes no sense no matter how good the tactic is. So as long as it's sensible to me, and it wins me most games and makes me contends each and every year in the Champions League, my own League, and naturally Cup Play, I'm a happy camper.

So I think if you go with that idea in mind perhaps your tweaking can go a lot faster, haha.

I found that changing one of the BWM (S) to BWM (D) and the other to BBM (S) (leaving the AM alone) works really well.

Just finished my first season being the manager of Schalke in the Bundesliga.

League standing - http://puu.sh/aXsr2/d24e52e03c.png

Fixtures - http://puu.sh/aXsuE/db5b01f978.png
http://puu.sh/aXsvs/61cda66ad5.png
http://puu.sh/aXsvX/99e9a6d682.png

Bundesliga stats - http://puu.sh/aXsEk/53295a3529.png

Pretty successful season by all accounts. Semi finals of CL, only just losing to Madrid, and then coming 2nd in the Bundesliga by 1 point, despite making no new signings and just using the team I already have.

The tactic seems good, although a bit inconsistent. However, I am going to put that down to my team, as I did not have a main striker for a lot of the season (Huntelaar got injured and my backup was pretty woeful despite very good stats) and my defence is very average at the moment. Will post second season statistics once I have finished that season, with hopefully some new signings!

Thanks for the tactic guys!

Last edited:
I've to go to shcool so from now I don't have much time to play FM . So new tweak is gonna need a long time ~~!

This tactic is absolutely stunning! I started a game with Go Ahead Eagles, a team that has only recently promoted to the highest Dutch tier. So the expectations weren't that high at all.

View attachment 343453

I managed to win the league title by one punt luckily, where I lost the Dutch supercup final with 4-3 against Vitesse. Here you can see my team.

View attachment 343452

So as you can see my team wasn't good at all. I decided to continue with Go Ahead Eagles as I am planning to make this a long term save and attempt to grow them to a superpower level team and a steady Champions League contender.

I have now played 4 friendly fictures. I've lost one of them against Twente (Home), where I clearly dominated the match though and I hadn't completed my incoming transfers yet.

Alongside this I managed to win a stunning match against PSG (Away) with 2-5!

View attachment 343450
View attachment 343451

This tactic is absolutely stunning! I started a game with Go Ahead Eagles, a team that has only recently promoted to the highest Dutch tier. So the expectations weren't that high at all.

View attachment 672216

I managed to win the league title by one punt luckily, where I lost the Dutch supercup final with 4-3 against Vitesse. Here you can see my team.

View attachment 672219

So as you can see my team wasn't good at all. I decided to continue with Go Ahead Eagles as I am planning to make this a long term save and attempt to grow them to a superpower level team and a steady Champions League contender.

I have now played 4 friendly fictures. I've lost one of them against Twente (Home), where I clearly dominated the match though and I hadn't completed my incoming transfers yet.

Alongside this I managed to win a stunning match against PSG (Away) with 2-5!

View attachment 672222
View attachment 672221
what tactic do you use ? base ?

tuff, he even posted a screen of his team, quite obviouse is it not?

CONGRATS for me this tactic is one of the greatest published for fm14 so far, i don't think there are coming a lot more, so I think the crown will be for you forever.

i've been successfull with every club I managed in a top league

amazing attacking force, typical formation & player roles, so it's a very recommendable tac

here you go with a few screenshots from my long term save with r. madrid

View attachment 343414View attachment 343413View attachment 343412
View attachment 343410
View attachment 343411

CONGRATS for me this tactic is one of the greatest published for fm14 so far, i don't think there are coming a lot more, so I think the crown will be for you forever.

i've been successfull with every club I managed in a top league

amazing attacking force, typical formation & player roles, so it's a very recommendable tac

here you go with a few screenshots from my long term save with r. madrid

View attachment 672316View attachment 672318View attachment 672319
View attachment 672323
View attachment 672320

Which version?

Another mini-update of my 2018/2019 season at the January 1st Transfer Window opening in England;

View attachment 343290

Not doing to bad at all, keeping on a good streak win wise too... My Fixtures from Manchester United onward since I posted one in an earlier thread of the games before, but been on a roll ever since.

View attachment 343289

Ohh, went 6-0 Champions League Group stage as you can tell, but drew a pretty solid Dortmund in the Knockout Round so should defiantly be an entertaining two games.

BTW for those curious on the tactic again, no major tweaks done besides 1 more thing... I changed one of my Midfielders to a DLP (Support) and kept the other Ball Winning Mid (Support) ... started this from the Ipswich game onward, and it's looking like a good change so far.

Also keep in mind still have that tweak of using one DC as a Stopper and the other as Cover, instead of both as Cover and also Push Higher Up as a shout instead of Drop Deeper... Thus still going strong conceding wise I feel, though I'm worried against teams that have a few star players on their squad, as I haven't played well against those type of teams yet. (Man U outplayed me 3-0 as you can tell, Chelsea earlier in the year, 2-0, and Arsenal kicked the **** out of me in the Super Cup, 4-0...)

Finally, a little funny player update... Guess the AI knew something I didn't with this player... cause when I had him he was valued at 2 Million, and so sold him to Blackburn for 2.6 since I'm pretty stacked in the striker position...

Now look at the season he's having for Blackburn... lol

View attachment 343288

till next time :)

Another mini-update of my 2018/2019 season at the January 1st Transfer Window opening in England;

View attachment 672607

Not doing to bad at all, keeping on a good streak win wise too... My Fixtures from Manchester United onward since I posted one in an earlier thread of the games before, but been on a roll ever since.

View attachment 672608

Ohh, went 6-0 Champions League Group stage as you can tell, but drew a pretty solid Dortmund in the Knockout Round so should defiantly be an entertaining two games.

BTW for those curious on the tactic again, no major tweaks done besides 1 more thing... I changed one of my Midfielders to a DLP (Support) and kept the other Ball Winning Mid (Support) ... started this from the Ipswich game onward, and it's looking like a good change so far.

Also keep in mind still have that tweak of using one DC as a Stopper and the other as Cover, instead of both as Cover and also Push Higher Up as a shout instead of Drop Deeper... Thus still going strong conceding wise I feel, though I'm worried against teams that have a few star players on their squad, as I haven't played well against those type of teams yet. (Man U outplayed me 3-0 as you can tell, Chelsea earlier in the year, 2-0, and Arsenal kicked the **** out of me in the Super Cup, 4-0...)

Finally, a little funny player update... Guess the AI knew something I didn't with this player... cause when I had him he was valued at 2 Million, and so sold him to Blackburn for 2.6 since I'm pretty stacked in the striker position...

Now look at the season he's having for Blackburn... lol

View attachment 672610

till next time :)

Which skin are you using? Looks nice.

In your assymetric formation does a F9 have to be at the top? I have Timo Werner up front and he's never really performed up front as a F9, so would poacher be usable?

Help with player filters?

Hey,

I've never posted before but Sir Goalalot seems too good to miss testing it out myself!

If somebody could tell me what 'player filters' are? Where do I save the player filters? And how do I use them etc
?

Also, I noticed that there used to be 3 versions of the tactic......sir goalalot(favourite) sir goalalot(counter) and sir holdalot. But now it seems there is just the one version. Is this the case? Should I just train and use the one formation/one download that is on page 1 of this thread?

If anyone at all could help, that would be grand!!!! I have an important network game I'd love to put this tactic to the test on.

Thanks in advance to anyone that takes the time.

Liam.

In your assymetric formation does a F9 have to be at the top? I have Timo Werner up front and he's never really performed up front as a F9, so would poacher be usable?
u can change it to AF ( A) or CF ( A )

Back