Sir Goalalot ( 14.3.1 ) 4-2-3-1

• Thread starter Thread starter TheWibe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 956K
In your assymetric formation does a F9 have to be at the top? I have Timo Werner up front and he's never really performed up front as a F9, so would poacher be usable?

Funny that you say that because before I took over Man City in my game, I was the Coach of Bayern Munich for 2 years, in which I rotated between Lewandoski (ironically Bayern picked him up in my game too before I took over) and Warner at the Striker position and both played as a false 9.

View attachment 343267

As you can see the 2 seasons under me (2015/2016 and 2016/2017), was his best seasons to date goal wise.. Than again I also played a 4-1-4-1 formation there, so that perhaps had something to do with it as well maybe.

A little 2018/2019 Man City bonus update:

Man, if only I can play Swansea every time...

BPL Home game against them:
View attachment 343257

Than 1st Leg of the Capital One Semi's at their Stadium:
View attachment 343256

Big tests coming up though as my next 2 league games are against a 6th place Blackburn and a 3rd Place Chelsea, so gonna be interesting.

Started in 3rd german leaue as manager of Saarbrucken. Media pred -10th. Won the promotion and championship as well. But the 2nd season in 2nd league became the disaster. Try to lure some players on free availiable (got no money for transfers) accourdin to filters, but it won't help. We start leaking goals and suffering L after L. No training change helped. So it was my luck to get job offer From Birmingham in Premiership in winter, 'cos I left Saarbrucken on 17th place from 18 after 20 games in german D2

is it better to invert your wingers?

Wouldn't think so, i used either left footed/either on the left and right/either on the right.

Can sometimes work if they have the cut inside PPM as can get you more goals but make sure there foot is correct.

Bakkali on the left is a beast btw, can't recommend him highly.

Wouldn't think so, i used either left footed/either on the left and right/either on the right.

Can sometimes work if they have the cut inside PPM as can get you more goals but make sure there foot is correct.

Bakkali on the left is a beast btw, can't recommend him highly.

Yea after playing a full season at liverpool i found right footers on right and left footers on left is beast. Sterling had a ridiculous season and so did suso.

Polish language and Danish team?

Lambo san, GOalalot is amazing, but that resoult is sick :p

What are Player Filters!!

Could somebody please tell me what the downloadable player filters on the O.P are

Another 2018/2019 Man City mini update...

Standings at the January Transfer Deadline... (Probably won't make major moves I think, as my depth is pretty good, even with a big injury I got to one of my wonderkid subs which I'll explain below)

View attachment 342430

Looks like it will once again go down to the wire perhaps with Man U, but if I keep consistent the way I've been this season, hopefully I can clinch the Premier League a lot earlier than the last day of the season like it was the season before, heh.

I am still worried that I haven't beaten a Top 4 team yet, all my losses have been against them (Chelsea Twice, and Man U once, and Arsenal haven't played yet, but they did destroy me in the Super Cup earlier in the season, 4-0...)

The last loss to Chelsea was pretty brutal as the squad played good, just couldn't get that **** goal to go ahead... Than my stud 19 year defender prospect causes a foul in the box on a Chelsea player during a corner in the final minutes of the game, and they scored on the Penalty Kick.

Lost my wonderkid sub (whose ready to be a starter this year really) for the rest of the season due to a Broken Leg :(

View attachment 342429

Luckily I have plenty of Depth that I won't need to go into the transfer market to get a replacement for this season only, so that's good, but it's a big blow as he was really coming into his own this season.

And finally the Match Fixture Update:

View attachment 342428

In terms of the tactics, still haven't changed it from the last set of tweaks I did.

Push Higher up instead of Drop Deeper and one Central Defender as a Stopper
One CM as a DLP (support) instead of a BWM, but the other one stays the same.

Ohh, for those curious I am following the training regiment as suggested in the original post all season and it seems to be working great, at least the General Team part. (I let me assistant do individual training)

No doubt this is the best tactic of the current patch (in terms of winning).

Is there any way to make my team more clinical? I have 20+ shots every game, with many CCC's per game yet can hardly score now for some reason. My front 4 are pretty good so I'm a bit confused as to why they aren't scoring?

Back