Sir Goalalot ( 14.3.1 ) 4-2-3-1

• Thread starter Thread starter TheWibe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 956K
on the first page, and then with the small change up which is on page 167 and then # 1664

2018/2019 Manchester City Season Recap:

First the Tactics itself:

Tactic From Original Post, but with these tweaks:

View attachment 341487

-Push Higher instead of Drop Deeper
-One Defender as a Stopper
-One Midfielder as a DLP (Support)

Training was as suggested in the Original Post (Fitness/Average), at least the Team Wise, however I plan to change this to Balance/Average next season (what it was originally before the update) because I don't know if the amount of injuries I had this season had anything to do with it.. (Probably not, but never have had this amount of injuries in an entire season in FM2014, plus annoyed I lost Hart for the last 3 games of the season, including the FA Cup Finals, because he got an injury while training)

Here's how the 2018/2019 Premier League finished, back to back Champs, and just 1 more goal conceded compared to last season... :)

View attachment 341489

Nice 95 Point season there, and now the Premier League Stats, most of my guys on top which is nice to see :). Aguero still had a solid 22 goal season in the League, can't complain.

View attachment 341488

The rest of my player stats:

View attachment 341486

Aguero's apprentice, Diago Filardi, is almost ready as you can tell, so will have some interesting decisions to make next year.

2018/2019 FA Cup:
Lost to Manchester United, 4-1 in FA Cup Finals (technically 2-1, but that game crashed so had to replay it)

2018/2019 Champions League:
Knocked out in the Quarterfinals against PSG, who ended up wining the whole thing ironically:
View attachment 341483

An interesting point, 6 years in, and no team has ever repeated in the Champions League yet...

Finally, the match fixtures...

View attachment 341485View attachment 341484

As you can see started really strong, but when the Injury tally started to pile up around late Jan, into Feb, than March/April... A noticeable drop... However, still managed to finish mostly strong (besides the poor performance in the FA Cup Finals, and Champions League QFs).

Awards:
View attachment 341482View attachment 341481
View attachment 341480View attachment 341479

Finally the Board Confidence after my 2nd Season with the Club, as you can see, doing pretty good:

View attachment 341478

And that's it for this season... Lots of decisions to make this off-season... tempted to perhaps get rid of one key player I think (Maybe Aguero to make room for my Stud prospect, or Rodriguez... Probably leaning towards Rodriguez cause Aguero is my captain and that may cause to much of an uproar, lol)

2019/2020 Little Teaser Update with the Transfer Window...

Busy Off-season so far! ;).. (Got one more possible stud signing on the way... Hint... he plays for Tottenham in RL, heh)

View attachment 341298

Which striker have you had most success with, using this tactic? For me it was Soldado. He scored 28 goals just in the BPL for me. For some reason I can't repeat the success with other strikers like RVP or Rooney :(

Which striker have you had most success with, using this tactic? For me it was Soldado. He scored 28 goals just in the BPL for me. For some reason I can't repeat the success with other strikers like RVP or Rooney :(

Take a look at my screenshots of the stats that my strikers have scored... Aguero and my Prospect Striker Regen has been pretty well for me.. Perhaps try to find players similar to them maybe...

2019/2020 Transfer Round Up for Man City:

So here's how it's shaping up.. Naturally still got the rest of pre-season and whatever last minute transfer deadlines happen, but unless a Messi type player opens up, I'm probably done for this transfer window..

View attachment 341292

Looks like a lot, but it's really just 3 In to the First Team and 3 Out from the First Team rest is my usual signings of youngsters and selling some prospects who are not developing that great to cash out on them....

In:
View attachment 341291View attachment 341290View attachment 341289

Out:
View attachment 341288View attachment 341287View attachment 341286

Strootman was a bust.. 49 million down the drain (curse you Real Madrid, as that's where he was and they knew something), he's just to **** injury prone... Rodriguez was a tough one to let go and the fans defiantly didn't like it when I looked at the board comments, haha... while he's had good seasons under me (probably his best to be honest), he's been hot/cold a lot and because when he's hot he does amazing and I think that's why he has a high average rating in general, but when he slumps it's bad... Plus, I really want to stick with De Bruyne now in the Center since he's an Assist machine, and I think the Attack Center will suit him better for my squad, while Rodriguez sometimes goes a little to much glory, which I get annoyed at when it happens, lol.

As for Nkoulou he was to inconsistent all season for me last year and his value was dipping big time (use to be in the high 30s), so figured I would cash out while I can.

As for the Ins... Hughes was defiantly more for the future even though he's 24.. at a 10 Million Bargain if he works out, great, if he's doesn't it's not a bad loss. Verratti is probably the "huh move" but as you can see his stats are pretty amazing as the game has progressed and I need a aggressive type Midfielder in my squad which I sorely lack when I go up against the bigger clubs like Manchester United. Finally, Lemala was simply to good to pass up on since I found 65 million a decent bargain for that type of player, heh.

Well.. Let's see how this season goes... I'll be sure to post some updates as the season goes on :)

Take a look at my screenshots of the stats that my strikers have scored... Aguero and my Prospect Striker Regen has been pretty well for me.. Perhaps try to find players similar to them maybe...

2019/2020 Transfer Round Up for Man City:

So here's how it's shaping up.. Naturally still got the rest of pre-season and whatever last minute transfer deadlines happen, but unless a Messi type player opens up, I'm probably done for this transfer window..

View attachment 676847

Looks like a lot, but it's really just 3 In to the First Team and 3 Out from the First Team rest is my usual signings of youngsters and selling some prospects who are not developing that great to cash out on them....

In:
View attachment 676849View attachment 676852View attachment 676853

Out:
View attachment 676856View attachment 676858View attachment 676860

Strootman was a bust.. 49 million down the drain (curse you Real Madrid, as that's where he was and they knew something), he's just to **** injury prone... Rodriguez was a tough one to let go and the fans defiantly didn't like it when I looked at the board comments, haha... while he's had good seasons under me (probably his best to be honest), he's been hot/cold a lot and because when he's hot he does amazing and I think that's why he has a high average rating in general, but when he slumps it's bad... Plus, I really want to stick with De Bruyne now in the Center since he's an Assist machine, and I think the Attack Center will suit him better for my squad, while Rodriguez sometimes goes a little to much glory, which I get annoyed at when it happens, lol.

As for Nkoulou he was to inconsistent all season for me last year and his value was dipping big time (use to be in the high 30s), so figured I would cash out while I can.

As for the Ins... Hughes was defiantly more for the future even though he's 24.. at a 10 Million Bargain if he works out, great, if he's doesn't it's not a bad loss. Verratti is probably the "huh move" but as you can see his stats are pretty amazing as the game has progressed and I need a aggressive type Midfielder in my squad which I sorely lack when I go up against the bigger clubs like Manchester United. Finally, Lemala was simply to good to pass up on since I found 65 million a decent bargain for that type of player, heh.

Well.. Let's see how this season goes... I'll be sure to post some updates as the season goes on :)

Ive followed your tweaks and very happy with how the team is playing!! cheers mate

I played with this tac 3 seasons in Burnley and won everything. Now I moved to Napoli and i lost against Reggina 2:0 and draw 0:0 with Empoli and Fiorentina with 100% tactic knowledge. What's wrong? I have decent team to win against that teams.

View attachment 341193

Pff... Talking about bad luck.

Im using the OP tactics with some tweaks suggested in the past posts.

It seems like its impossible to win from FC Barcelona & Real Madrid in the league with this tactic.

does anyone else have a problem with getting red cards? or a **** load a cards in general?

does anyone else have a problem with getting red cards? or a **** load a cards in general?

I haven't. But in the saves that I have, the problem is usually solved when I make sure that most of my staff have a high level of discipline. Unomsayin?

Hi, i'm now playing with Valencia (2018/2019), and after 25 games i'm 5th (using others tactics). Now I would like to use Sir Goalalot tactic (downloaded from post #1). I will soon play vs Barcelona away, and with Real Madrid at home, and here is my question. For matches vs big opponents (when I'm not the favourite), I have to change the mentality for those matches or leave all settings like in the downloaded file and dont change nothing ?

PS. First match vs Espanyol away, 0-0, red card, and 3 injuries (!)

Hi, i'm now playing with Valencia (2018/2019), and after 25 games i'm 5th (using others tactics). Now I would like to use Sir Goalalot tactic (downloaded from post #1). I will soon play vs Barcelona away, and with Real Madrid at home, and here is my question. For matches vs big opponents (when I'm not the favourite), I have to change the mentality for those matches or leave all settings like in the downloaded file and dont change nothing ?

PS. First match vs Espanyol away, 0-0, red card, and 3 injuries (!)

That sucks, injuries happen :(... As for changing anything, techinally you shouldn't have too, but I'm not sure if "Run at Defense" Shout is smart against the bigger teams if you are a weaker team.

but you can always try it and see what happens, and take that particular shout off the next time you play against a bigger team. If you a team like Real Madrid though playing a Big team, just roll the dice and see what happens.

That's what's interesting about this tactic it's not guranteed win, win win, every time.. The Ratio is insanely good, but you can still lose or draw over the course of a season.

Back