Sir Goalalot ( 14.3.1 ) 4-2-3-1

• Thread starter Thread starter TheWibe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 956K
So,

Remember the Screenie I posted about my disapointing 3-0 lost @ Dortmund in the 1st Leg of the Knockout Round of the 2018/2019 Champions League?

Well... had to come out swinging at Home and in order for me to do this I decided to play what I consider the Future of Man City, this Wonderkid Striker Regen:

View attachment 675372

Along with at this point, a seasoned Aguero at the AMC position whose not having the year he was last year (half the goals at this point in the season), but he's still solid. I've flirted with this set-up during a course of a few games, but I've never went full blown with it for the whole game..

View attachment 675373

What this does now, is it puts my at prime James Rodriguez at the MC position, but as a DLP (Support)...

View attachment 675375

Which is not ideal, but it puts some massive creativity at the middle of the pitch that's for sure... and Below is my result

View attachment 675370

As you can see, it worked like a charm, complete dominance, almost scary at times.. all 3 goals came in the first half... I kept on chipping away in the 2nd half, but could not get that go ahead goal.. Than a Penalty happened in my favor in the box, but Aguero had the **** penalty shot blocked. :(..

So things were looking like it would go extra time, since it's 3 All total on the Aggregate now and no one has any away goals yet... And than my seasoned Aguero pulls an amazing pass during Injury Time to the wonderkid striker, and he goes off to the races, and kicks this incredible goal at the 92 Minute mark :)

Check out the sequence below..

View attachment 675376View attachment 675378

View attachment 675381View attachment 675384View attachment 675386

View attachment 675389View attachment 675392

So yea, granted it's just a video game, but man did I jump out of my chair when that happen, haha !
Anything can Happen in Football ^^

Since making the tweaks push higher, be more expressive and both defenders to defend from cover I've not conceded a goal while my average win is 3-0. I now reprimand my squad for a 1-0 win haha playing as Rochdale first season. I'm top by miles. Thank you!!

started a new save with this. Went Rangers in Scottish League 1. nice to see strikers finally score lots of goals but still leaky in defence...really weak goals.... any advice?

EDIT: nvm, read the rest of the posts!

cheers

Last edited:
Holy ****. My team just went gung-ho after a minor tweak (I mean more goals and less conceded, just like an explosive bomb)
I just changed the two CB to defend instead of cover duty, then more expressive in team instructions. 2 changes that turned everything around, I'm beating teams for fun now 8-|

With OP tactic or goal2581999 tactic?

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/users/299326/

Another 2018/2019 Mini Update for Manchester City, as the season winds down...

Sadly... my miraculous comeback against Dortmund put me in a little runt I think, drew my 2 premier league games, and that went into the Quarterfinals of the CL against PSG...

First game at Home, didn't play well at all :(

View attachment 341517

It also probably doesn't help that I've been bitten by the mighty injury bug in this 2nd half of the season... Most of the depth have been niggling with injuries which is literally my strongest aspect of my team. Since if a starter has a bad day, my depth can bring me through, it's why I'm doing so well up till about the end of January.

Of course this is my roster now:

View attachment 341516

As you can see brutal losses to not have key starters in De Bruyne and Rotariu for the 2nd leg at PSG coming up, plus these key rotation players that have always been solid for me when I need them to be: :(...

View attachment 341515View attachment 341514

View attachment 341510View attachment 341509View attachment 341508

So I knew it was gonna be a tough battle...

Started well , Aguero scored 10 minutes in, up 1-0... Naturally conceded a silly goal around the 37th minute... Than a Own Goal at the 70th minute put me down 2-1 :( by my Stud Prospect Defender whose really coming into his own this season, will probably give him the start roll next year:

View attachment 341507View attachment 341506

They added another one around the 76th minute, and I showed a bit of life after the 80th minute mark by scoring, to make it 3-2 when I changed my formation to a pure offensive one, a 3-2-3-2...

It almost worked too.. :(.. Rodriguez had a beautiful break from a great pass by one of my center midfielders and kicked the ball at the goalkeeper, but he made the save... Than... Aguero had a break with my Stud Prospect Strker running up the pitch, but of course he didn't pass it and went for goal and it went wide..

And so the final score was 3-2, and I'm out of the Champions League for this season :(

View attachment 341513

Bah... guess considering the injuries it wasn't a bad run.. BTW, for those curious, only De Bruyne's and my Prospect Right Back injuries were the only ones injured by training both were minor, but in De Bruyne's case long enough to keep him out the crucial 2nd leg against PSG, but the rest was simply on the pitch being so unlucky I guess :(...

As to way it looks back in England.. Made it to the FA Cup Finals again and it's another showdown against Manchester United for the 2nd year in a row, so we'll see how that goes..

As for the Premier League:

View attachment 341512

Still in good shape there 6 games to go, but 5 out of the 6 are against Mid-Bottom teams, only Arsenal is the big challenge, however I have struggled as of late, so I hope I don't have a monumental collapse on my hand, lol...

And here's my fixtures, as you can see the Injuries starting to take it's massive toll on me with the last 5-8 games:

View attachment 341511

and that's all for now... Well.. we'll see how the season ends and I'll post my end of season update for this year.

That avrange rating (H) , GJ mate

LOL... Thanks.. And to think that perhaps I'll be getting rid of James Rodriguez this off-season, lol...

Here's how it looks with 2 games to go.. in very good position.. Pulled off some amazing stops last game, 0-0 going into 70th minute against a 6th place feisty Cardiff... took out Henderson who was having a bad game, put in Barkley in the DLP spot instead, and all of sudden my team exploded for 4 goals in the last 20 minutes.. Alaba connected to De Bruyne twice in some amazing crosses ;)

View attachment 341503

Well, Back to Back Premier League Champs could be in my grasp... Current score as we speak:

View attachment 341497

De Bruyne with 2 goals already, and Rodriguez one as well... Hopefully I'll be lifting the imaginary trophy again within 15-20 minutes, lol

And it's official, Back to Back Premier League Champs for Manchester City :)

View attachment 341494

Now it's time to for the FA Cup Finals against Manchester United, let's hope I can do a Double :)

And the 2019 FA Cup Final....

Ugh.... Man... I love it when the Match Engine decides I'm gonna do that awesome random tackle that gives me an automatic Red Card...

Played 10 man from 10 minutes into the game onward... so dumb...

View attachment 341492

LOL.... So my FM 2014 crashed, and didn't save it after the game was done... Well .. no matter what I consider this the result, but I guess I'll have another chance at the FA Cup..

Last edited:
Heh,

Even in the FA Unofficial Replay, it wasn't meant to be...

View attachment 341490

That Manchester United Midfield and wingers just destroyed me all season... That's where the game was won and that's also why this season I was 1 W (Capital One Cup Finals) - 1 D - 2 L against this team... (Meh won the Community Shield, but that's a Glorified Exhibition game, that don't count really)

Even in this game... Man Marking, Tighter Marking, just closing down, makes no difference, just can't do well against them.

Well overall good season.. We'll see what changes I do next year :)

I'm also going back to Balanced-Average in the training regime next season, I'm not sure if going Fitness-Average all season was a problem, but the amount of injuries I had on the pitch this year was just stupidly absurd, never ever had that many..

Back