Sir Goalalot ( 14.3.1 ) 4-2-3-1

• Thread starter Thread starter TheWibe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 956K
Ohh also forgot to add that already one my midfielders got hurt in a friendly, while one of my new signings (Lemala) got hurt on International Duty in the Copa America, so it looks like Lemala will be sidelined for the first few games of the opening season, bah... lol

Ohh for those curious I already have 5 Physios employed in my staff and I believe the lowest one is at 16, while the rest 17+, and again "ugh", lol.

And the 2019/2020 season kicks with naturally the Community Shield against Manchester United again... Since it seems this the only way to check the history against the team since I've taken over Man City.. Here's it stacks up:

View attachment 341070

From the Red Highlight down is when I started taken over, as you can see they have had the better of me in most occasions and I've still never won in Old Trafford yet, lol...

We'll see if this year will be different :)..

I'll keep everyone updated as this season progress, for those curious.. During the Season I'm going to go with Balanced/Average instead, as I feel that may be work better than Fitness/Average...

Tactic wise it's the same as last year in terms of the tweaks..

Last edited:
And once again their midfield outplays my midfield,.. Granted... I started without 1 of my main starters (wanted to rest De Bruyne for opening day of the Premier League since I open against Chelsea of all teams), and another picked up a Slight Injury that didn't seem to effect him, so subbed him at Half Time to be safe though and my other midfielder was recovering from an injury so he wasn't at 100% and took him out at the 60th minute as he was getting low conditioning, as for the winger that got hurt hopefully I won't have a physio report waiting in my inbox when I alt-tab back into the game, lol.

View attachment 341069

Granted , 2 out of the 3 Goals were from Set Pieces by them, but their Wingers are just as good too, Marking them does nothing cause their wingers just blow by wingbacks and is what causes these set pieces :(

Honestly, it's the only real thing, even with all the success I've had with this tactic, is simply how to deal with those 4.5/5 star wingers, as no matter what I do, they always find ways to change the game..

I guess that's how it is in RL too, so probably just have to live with it...

Last edited:
There are so much tweaks...
What is the best version of this tac guys ?

Thank you !

Defensively very weak. Gives opposition at least(!) the same amount of CCC's than you get! Done with this... unfortunately.

Another tactic that is weak to overhead balls and crosses. My search continues.

To be honest, this may not be the tactic, it's most likely the players on the team or sadly the silly Match Engine quirks it likes to play through the course of a game..

Cause I've seen this happen pretty much happen with any tactic that's out there.. Plus, I assume no one ever watches a full game, most play either Extended/Comprehensive, or even less than that, so it's only showing points when possilby the opponents threaten, and sadly the one time it shows it is the one time they score... lol :(

If you play against a Big time club, you'll have a better judge of your defense at work, so the match engine will show more of the opposition through the course the game.. If it helps, try this tweak:

Push Higher Up instead of Drop Deeper and finally make one of your Defenders a Stopper instead of Cover. Ever since I've made that change, I don't notice much of what you mention honestly. Also no matter how good tactic is or the defense is, a Ronaldo/Messi type player will still find ways to blow through your defense, and that at least is what I'm coming to grips with.

Bottom Line... The tactic that's on the OP has a great win ratio espeically if you're a bigger club like Real Madrid, Barca, Chelsea, Man City, Bayern, etc.. but it won't be guaranteed at all times win against the Big Clubs in the game especially if you play away from home since it's all about the players you have as well. Now if you're a weaker or newly promoted team expecting to dominate from the get go, I mean the tactic can only do so much, as in the end the day it's all about the players you have on the team too.

Last edited:
Defensively very weak. Gives opposition at least(!) the same amount of CCC's than you get! Done with this... unfortunately.

I think this depends on the team your facing. If you're facing a big time club, even as a Big Time club yourself, there's a chance they'll have just as many CCCs as you because they are just as good as you in retrospective.

I think this depends on the team your facing. If you're facing a big time club, even as a Big Time club yourself, there's a chance they'll have just as many CCCs as you because they are just as good as you in retrospective.

It's pretty much every match, except the clearly weaker teams. Maybe my point is more that I much rather win games 2-0 than 5-3. The central defenders allow guys through left and right. Guys like Shawcross-Ginter-Cahill-Knoche shouldnt do that based on their attributes.

It's pretty much every match, except the clearly weaker teams. Maybe my point is more that I much rather win games 2-0 than 5-3. The central defenders allow guys through left and right. Guys like Shawcross-Ginter-Cahill-Knoche shouldnt do that based on their attributes.

Yep I see you're point... someone posted in this thread that they changed the 2 defenders to "Defend" duty instead of Cover, (or even the Stopper/Cover combo I use) you could perhaps try that to see if it's successful for you, if you're still interested in trying the tactic, heh.

To be honest, this may not be the tactic, it's most likely the players on the team or sadly the silly Match Engine quirks it likes to play through the course of a game..

Cause I've seen this happen pretty much happen with any tactic that's out there.. Plus, I assume no one ever watches a full game, most play either Extended/Comprehensive, or even less than that, so it's only showing points when possilby the opponents threaten, and sadly the one time it shows it is the one time they score... lol :(

If you play against a Big time club, you'll have a better judge of your defense at work, so the match engine will show more of the opposition through the course the game.. If it helps, try this tweak:

Push Higher Up instead of Drop Deeper and finally make one of your Defenders a Stopper instead of Cover. Ever since I've made that change, I don't notice much of what you mention honestly. Also no matter how good tactic is or the defense is, a Ronaldo/Messi type player will still find ways to blow through your defense, and that at least is what I'm coming to grips with.

Bottom Line... The tactic that's on the OP has a great win ratio espeically if you're a bigger club like Real Madrid, Barca, Chelsea, Man City, Bayern, etc.. but it won't be guaranteed at all times win against the Big Clubs in the game especially if you play away from home since it's all about the players you have as well. Now if you're a weaker or newly promoted team expecting to dominate from the get go, I mean the tactic can only do so much, as in the end the day it's all about the players you have on the team too.

I will try with your tweaks, thanks.

Holy ****. My team just went gung-ho after a minor tweak (I mean more goals and less conceded, just like an explosive bomb)
I just changed the two CB to defend instead of cover duty, then more expressive in team instructions. 2 changes that turned everything around, I'm beating teams for fun now 8-|
u share tweak pls.

Back