i know it's not rocket science

but the other 2 tactics i mentioned are already better overall/more consistent

so i don't feel a need to use this tactic in it's current state/version unless there's an overhaul

The tactics I have had succes with: Magic Box by Artisan, and Sir Goalalot (I think an old one).

ok i understand that when you are favorite(stronger) use favorite and when not use underdog!!! but still what about this example:
i am arsenal and playing away against everton and odds are even 2.50 = 2.50 (or i am small favorite 2.75 =2.25) what tactic choose in this situation ??? and one more example if i play home against barca, real, bayern, ... and the oods are 2.75 for me and 2.25 for away team what tactic to choose then ??? can i play all home matches with favorite tactic even when i am not favorite yust because home ground !?

ok i understand that when you are favorite(stronger) use favorite and when not use underdog!!! but still what about this example:
i am arsenal and playing away against everton and odds are even 2.50 = 2.50 (or i am small favorite 2.75 =2.25) what tactic choose in this situation ??? and one more example if i play home against barca, real, bayern, ... and the oods are 2.75 for me and 2.25 for away team what tactic to choose then ??? can i play all home matches with favorite tactic even when i am not favorite yust because home ground !?
If u think u can't win them easy , use Underdog for sure ^^

monstrous and chicken run are better than this Laker9

most of the people giving this one props are biased or just don't know how to use the others, this attack is too leaky at the back, fact, not up for debate

Aaaan just like that, my list of respected opinions got a bit shorter.

And just to be clear, i hold this as one of the 5best tactics i have tried in FM, and i play a lot of FM.

Chickenrunner also good, and Monstrous aswell.

Best managing simulation in FM2014 comes from Unreal Tacticset.

The **** was here...

Conn, since you don't seem to be blatantly fan boying can you explain why you think my opinion is wrong?

the other two 4-2-3-1 tactics are stronger defensively, purely based on the player roles and settings alone, that is a fact, and after testing all of them in multiple games they play better defensively, that is also fact. looking at peoples results in all of these threads also show people using sir goalalot to have very high goals conceded in a season compared to the other tactics

a gung ho tactic that will give a decent win % isn't as good defensively as those other 2 tactics with only slightly weaker attacks but more solid bases that give more consistent results

if the defense on this tactic could be tightened up a bit (which would require a structural change in roles/etc) then i see it as being one of the best if it keeps relatively the same attack

Tacticseeker, i don't think y9ou are very wrong about ponting out the weaknesses. Actually i totaly agree with you on that subject.
The problem is that this is Goalalot's tread, and to slander people in this tread isn't very smart is it? Atleast it's nothing i would do :/

The whole idea with a tactic is that you take it for what it is, adn then if need be, read on forum and use things others have found work well to improve the problems you ahve with it right? Thats managing is it not?

There is a defence tweak that sorts the leaky problem quite well, and although i agree that atleast Monster is a bit more consistent, i cant agree or accept how you lay it out here. That would be to easy :) Im glad you adressed me on this because you regained some of my respect after that.

The problem is that Wibe do not posses the time to follow through with hard core tests and release updates the way others can atm. He explaiend this in a post some pages back.
But others have solved the problem, i solved it, and thats what i call managing ;)

i wasn't slandering him directly, someone was asking about others experiences with the other 4-2-3-1's for a comparison so i was giving one

i think sir goalalot is great for what it is, an overly attacking tactic, as it does that rather well, i just feel after seeing all of the 4-2-3-1's play out, looking at peoples results, and testing them myself, what i said i still feel stands

it has a slightly better attack than the other 4-2-3-1's but isn't as consistent or defensively solid

anyways back to the topic, don't want to derail the thread

Now thats a good reply tacticseeker (A)

Honest opinion wich i have no problem respecting.

I can tell you dident mean to offend anyone, but you should ahve chosen you're words maybe a bit different, but we have all been there....everyday :p

it's not a generalisation, this tactic is overly attacking and extremely leaking at the back

you are upset and wrong cause you are fan boying the tactic

monstrous and chicken run both would say maybe have 5-10% less potency in attack while having 30-40% more potency in defense, which makes it a better tactic

if you're too blind or possibly slow to understand what i'm saying i'm not going to bother responding to you anymore
lol so mad.

im not upset. like even at all. and im not fanboying. its intriguing that you're projecting like that. :)

it does nothing to me if im right or wrong, because it works for me, and clearly others. i couldn't care either way. again, interesting that your tone is so aggressive.

im not even disputing that it isn't defensively the best. but that previous post was just uncalled for accusing people of being apologists or fanboys. it's just people that like the tactic, or don't. i don't see anyone claiming anyhting otherwise.

don't pretend you aren't (or weren't) mad. what's worse is you turn around and accuse me of being so. XD

reply or don't, makes no difference.

just chill out matey. :)

Now thats a good reply tacticseeker (A)

Honest opinion wich i have no problem respecting.

I can tell you dident mean to offend anyone, but you should ahve chosen you're words maybe a bit different, but we have all been there....everyday :p

Meh i disagree. based on his initial response (below) and consequent reply to me, i think someone is a little TOO peeved about a tactic. :p

Especially when they start being accusatory of others.

monstrous and chicken run are better than this Laker9

most of the people giving this one props are biased or just don't know how to use the others, this attack is too leaky at the back, fact, not up for debate

Last edited:
lol so mad.

im not upset. like even at all. and im not fanboying. its intriguing that you're projecting like that. :)

it does nothing to me if im right or wrong, because it works for me, and clearly others. i couldn't care either way. again, interesting that your tone is so aggressive.

im not even disputing that it isn't defensively the best. but that previous post was just uncalled for accusing people of being apologists or fanboys. it's just people that like the tactic, or don't. i don't see anyone claiming anyhting otherwise.

don't pretend you aren't (or weren't) mad. what's worse is you turn around and accuse me of being so. XD

reply or don't, makes no difference.

just chill out matey. :)

Meh i disagree. based on his initial response (below) and consequent reply to me, i think someone is a little TOO peeved about a tactic. :p

Used Sir Goalalot on a save with Man U and conceded 50 goals all season long. Then used Monstrous and conceded 56 goals the next season!
Then started a new save with Man U again, did everything the same and conceded 65 with Sir Goalalot and 35 with Monstrous the next season..

The only thing i can conclude after playing with numerous tactics is that this ME makes sure there aren't any consistent tactics! One save tactic A can be Superb and the next save the same tactic is Average at best!

I really hope that FM15 will not be like that!

First loss in 32 matches in the league in Eresdvisie with Assymetric version. (Best striker and best Offensive Midfield and my 1 cb was injured) 4th loss in this season so far in 29 matches. 3 lost matches in CHL.

"Meh i disagree. based on his initial response (below) and consequent reply to me, i think someone is a little TOO peeved about a tactic." :p

Thats what i thought of the initial post aswell, but after he elaborated, i am pretty sure he just chose his words a bit careless.

The "beef" is over, let it rip.

Thats what i thought of the initial post aswell, but after he elaborated, i am pretty sure he just chose his words a bit careless.

The "beef" is over, let it rip.
well fair enough. just don't like being wrongfully accused! :p

On topic:
Is anyone else still using Sit Goalalot Favourite? reverted to that for fun and got smashed (even though I was on my best winning streak and holding other teams to less than 3 shots per game whilst on it previously). Might be that I bought and sol at least 5 players (in AND out).

Guna cut to the chase... ive used every single tactic possible on fm... midway thru a lpool save using groundbreaker tactic in 1st season I was 15 points off top... used the combo tavtics here, finished runners up by 7 points but won champions league destroying barca 3 nil in final... 2nd season in prem, played 18 won 15 drew 1 lost 2, scored 46 conceded just 13 ! ! ! Not altered the tactic at all from the one that was posted in beta version... I can safely say this is hands down by far the greatest tactic I have used on fm14 thumbs up

I've started a new save after deadline day with Aston Villa. I'm using this tactic and sitting on top of the EPL at the moment after 6 games.
I won pretty easily away, but struggling a bit more at home (1-1; 1-1; 1-0)

Do you guys have the same experience ? is this tactic stronger away than home ?