Site Improvements Suggestions

Where like come up could it just say how many likes the post has had and then if you wanna see who liked it you could just press a button and the users will come up.... just and idea so threads and like cluttered up.

Where like come up could it just say how many likes the post has had and then if you wanna see who liked it you could just press a button and the users will come up.... just and idea so threads and like cluttered up.

186 Liked Posts By 324 Users
Find all Liked posts by Raphael.
Find all posts Liked by Raphael.

Go on your profile, click on statistics.

186 Liked Posts By 324 Users
Find all Liked posts by Raphael.
Find all posts Liked by Raphael.

Go on your profile, click on statistics.

Na not this..

so someone has posted on a thread and it has say 50 likes..... underneath the posts will be what users liked the post..... what I am suggesting is that the names do not come up but it just says how many likes the post has had and then if you wanna see who has liked it you can press a button and the people who have like that post will come up.

Na not this..

so someone has posted on a thread and it has say 50 likes..... underneath the posts will be what users liked the post..... what I am suggesting is that the names do not come up but it just says how many likes the post has had and then if you wanna see who has liked it you can press a button and the people who have like that post will come up.

Why?

It doesn't even clutter the thread.

a minimum post count to make a thread ?
it seems we keep getting new users making useless threads, instead of posting in a sticky :)

A minimum post count to make a thread would encourage spamming.

a minimum post count to make a thread ?
it seems we keep getting new users making useless threads, instead of posting in a sticky :)

Beat me to it, i just suggested this. I agree with whats said as you see the same type of questions being asked everyday.

Na not this..

that wud probably put more stress on the server for the site so if that happens loads it could cause the site to run epically slow like it has in the past. Having all the names listed below doesn't clutter the thread too much tbh. It's quite rare that a post gets about 50 likes anyway

Na not this..

why can't you just click on the post oO)

Na not this..

What would that add...?

A minimum post count to make a thread would encourage spamming.

Never seen it that way... :) How about mailing everybody a rule book when they join up and if they dont follow it impose stricter infractions?
Im currently making a link thread that will post links to a thread for multiple questions but i just know it will be ignored just like all sticks are by most noobs.

Not much.... it was just a suggestion so threads are less cluttered

they hardly clutter it up though... The point of liking a post, is you agree. like it, rather then posting the same thing.

Not much.... it was just a suggestion so threads are less cluttered

Threads would be less cluttered if people didn't have sigs, it is very rare that you will find a post with so many likes that it would be considered 'clutter'.

I don't think you have the jist of what I was tryna say oO)

I might not, what you're saying is to extend the "like section" of the statistics? Anyway, it would make the server run less speedily anyway

why can't you just click on the post oO)

He wants the list of names that have liked a post to be hidden unless a specific user actually clicks to reveal them.

Imo, a post rarely gets enough likes to clutter a thread. Besides that it would require some extra coding etc which Sean doesn't need right now, as he's trying to get the forum onto a newer version of vbulletin ASAP.

It would also increase pressure on the server as users would constantly be clicking and unclicking to view or hide the likes, not an intensive task on its own, but if a dozen people all requested to see who liked a post at the same time then there may be a slowdown on the site for a very short period.

Last edited:
He wants the list of names that have liked a post to be hidden unless a specific user actually clicks to reveal them.

Imo, a post rarely gets enough likes to clutter a thread. Besides that it would require some extra coding etc which Sean doesn't need right now, as he's trying to get the forum onto a newer version of vbulletin ASAP.

It would also increase pressure on the server as users would constantly be clicking and unclicking to view or hide the likes, not a intensive task on its own, but if a dozen people all requested to see who liked a post at the same time then there may be a slowdown in the site for a very short period.

So basically a short cut, instead of clicking on the post oO)

**** this, I don't get it XD

Never seen it that way... :) How about mailing everybody a rule book when they join up and if they dont follow it impose stricter infractions?
Im currently making a link thread that will post links to a thread for multiple questions but i just know it will be ignored just like all sticks are by most noobs.

Everyone must read and agree to the rules when signing up.

I often reset this feature for a first time offender, meaning they must read and agree to them once again after their first infracted post.

Stickies will always be ignored by newbies. It's how the internet works nowadays unfortunately.

I don't mean for this to come accross the wrong way, but the site has got to a size now where if a new member joins up and doesn't follow the rules, it's simply a case of advising them on how the site works if they get it wrong, then if they ignore this help we warn/infract them until they either begin to understand how a forum works and tow the line, or they simply leave the site.

We don't want to discourage newer people, but that's just how it is now imo.

Last edited:
Back