Six Nations 2011

Good game at twickenham. But Italy's tackling was a disgrace, nothing compared to what they did against ireland last week.
Outside of Rome, Italy is extremely weak and vulnerable.
The match of the tournament is tomorrow at 15:00.

My money is on Ireland to win with at least 1 try from O'Driscoll. If he scores 2 tries, he will beat the tournament top scorer, ian smith.
thast becuase you played a tight game with them. Once you take it away into the backs they can be really hurt

What an awful game. Far too many errors from either side. Scotland were terribly poor, every time they got within sight of the try line they knocked on or committed an offence. And not to capitalise playing against 13 men is criminal in international rugby. It's so frustrating watching them.

I expect Ireland to put in a much better performance then they did last week, but I think France will just about edge it.

wooooooooooooooooooooooo
2 great tries and we are 15-12 ahead even with the ref trying to lose us the match

wooooooooooooooooooooooo
2 great tries and we are 15-12 ahead even with the ref trying to lose us the match

Mind giving us examples of the ref 'trying to lose us the match'?

Extremely poor refereeing work. The second irish try should have been in front of the posts, since O'Driscoll put the ball against the post = try. The second try conversion was missed, but it was from a tough angle. If the try had been given in front of the posts, i reckon it would have gone in, and it would mean 2 extra pts for Ireland.
That would make the result 24-25 with 5 mins to go, and Ireland didnt need a try at that point.

Also, the ref allowed the French to waste time in a shameless manner.

we deserved it imo, but i cant really fault the ref! France where just really negative :(

we deserved it imo, but i cant really fault the ref! France where just really negative :(

That break in the end, with the kick and run by Earls, that was a sitter if the rest of the team had ran. Lazy fowards...

yea i understand that they where tired but you could have pushed yourself for a few seconds for the chance to win!!
I still think we can win the tri nations and the six nations as a whole.

England to beat France imo

Thought I might contribute to this thread.

England played well yesterday, but the maul defence needs to improve if we're going to keep France and Ireland out. Other than that, going forward we look fantastic. Toby flood has improved as a player massively, his lines are incredible, and along with Chris Ashton whos always on his shoulder. Ashtons support lines are brilliant, you can tell he's played rugby league before. He is a class wing, and most sides will have trouble stopping him because he is just everywhere, hes doing the back rows job for them!

Wilko for me proved hes still one of the best tacklers in the game with his short stint at the end. He put in a try saving hit on the Italian who was as good as over the line. That's the only aspect of Floods game that i'd say needs improving, he needs to be there to make the big hits and sometimes he just isnt. Shontayne Hape had a good game compared to last week, when he was out of position to lead to a Wales try. His offloads are insane, always fights to get the ball out to his team mates,

Overall Id say its the best England have played at Twickers in a very long time. We wanted the ball. We were always there helping out, and despite our forwards being outmuscled a couple of times (one time being italys try) we were pretty solid defensively. Great performance and if we keep playing like this, we'll do well.

Reasonably good games today. Both close and competitive, although a shame the teams I wanted lost.

Although the biggest game is yet to come! Hopefully Scotland can get off the mark now they've given the other countries a head start.

England - France game was brilliant today, IMO. Started well, then the second part of the first half was a little scrappy (but closely fought), then England picked it up in the second half and deserved their win..

It was still really open in the second half, though - France had two great chances and England had two tries disallowed..

Fantastic result for Italy, it seems like Rugby is really growing in Italy atm and this should help massively.

Delighted for Italy, what a win! Hopefully it'll begin a turnaround in their fortunes and they can become competitive. They just need to maintain a winning mentality.

Bit apprehensive about Sunday's fixture though, we could be in for a bad one although we tend to up our game for the Calcutta cup.

Brilliant result for Italy. I love it when the French get beaten :)

O Driscoll equals top try scorer in the 6 nations
and O Gara gets his 1000th international points

In the Calcutta Cup its 9-9

C'mon Scotland !!

Rugby players are tough and all but that would of hurt oO)