Aye, it's the Asian Champions League for the European Champions League and there's the Asian Confederation Cup like the UEFA Cup

More of the Same
November 4th, 2009

Well we should have knew it was only a fluke. A string of good performances slams into the rocks. Tai Po's recent wins came to a screeching hault after an away loss to newly promoted Sha Tin. Sha Tin enjoyed complete superiority on all sides of the pitch and in all aspects of play. The newly promoted squad now sits atop the league table and Manager Wright has been at a loss for words.

Bad luck mate, sure it's a temporary blip.

PS: dunno if you already have club/competition logo's for Hong Kong, if not try these out...

Last edited:
I have those mate thanks ;). I hope this turns around soon

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Tai Po Rebound
November 12, 2009

Welcome aboard the rollercoaster ride that has been Tai Po's season. They notch up a big 2-0 win at home against Tuen Mun Progoal behind two first half Papin goals. His first came off a penalty in the 7th minute but the second was a true thing of beauty as he ripped a top corner shot from 36 yards out. The second half was all defense but that's all that was needed. Tai Po are now 7th in the league table and are hopefully climbing

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:42 PM ----------

Here We Go Again...
January 9th, 2010

It's been 60 days, one day short of two months, since Tai Po has had a league match. With some new signings in hand (Torres and Nunez) one has to wonder what Tai Po we'll see now. Wright has had time to finally piece together his team and it promises to be a decent start to the new year. The most interesting part is that today they take on the same team they started the season against, Rangers

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

One Game At A Time
January 10th, 2010

2-0 was the scoreline at the end of 90 minutes. Tai Po recorded a big win to kick off the new year. Christian Annan bammed in two and they look pretty well in hand. Maybe this is the upturn the club needed. Tai Po is now at a season high 6th in the table.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

One for the History Books
January 13th, 2010

Tai Po tackles Citizen!!! Big win in a 3-0 fashion as Tai Po seems to have righted the train that was on the wrong side of the track. New signing, American Striker Tino Nunez recorded his first goal in a Tai Po shirt. Christian Annan added another to his tally and Ye Jia ripped one from barely inside the box. A class performance and there's hope yet for the Tai Po support. Manager Wright has been buoyed by the board who said more results like this could even ensure some financial backing. Up to 4th in the table and only 4 points outside of 1st.

Last edited:
Thanks mate. On 2009 I took Bhutan to the world cup. That one's lingering somewhere in the LLM fm 09 forums ;)

Why thank you. That is flattering lol. Comments like that are what make me wanna keep doing this.

awesome post. i really hope the chinese superleague learns a lot from the hong kong leagues. in the professionalism fron and in the way it's administrated.

4-1
March 6th, 2010

This was the scoreline against South China. The defendins First Division Champs were once again too much for lowly Tai Po to handle. It's a wonder if things will change. Tai Po begins it's Asian Confederations Cup run in two days agains Thai side TTM SS. Tai Po is in 6th in the First Division Table 1 point behind 5th place Rangers

( Asian Confederation's Cup Group H
1. Gombak United - Singapore
2. Tai Po - Hong Kong
3. TTM Sakhon Samut FC - Thailand
4. Valencia - Maldives )

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

It was the Best of Times; It Was the Worst of Times
March 13th, 2009

Well, where to begin. The media prediction was a 6th place finish and Tai Po seems content to do just that. However the fashion they have done this is the funny part. For every win they lose. I guess for every action there is an equal an opposite reaction. A rough 4-2 loss in Thailand against TTM SS. Just 2 days later they had a First Division game against struggling Happy Valley in Happy Valley. The result was stunning, a 3-0 victory behind a pair of Annan scores and Papin scoring off the bench. Tai Po looked well in hand for that game and with only 7 left they sit in a tie for 4th only 5 points behind 1st with a game in hand.

Last edited:
Yes sir. I hope the string continues and I finish somewhat high in the table. Maybe try to shape up some more for next year. I gotta improve this team's rep if I wanna sign better players

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Down Goes Annan
March 17th, 2010

Christian Annan went down yesterday in practice. He fell hard and twisted his ankle severley. Luckily there is no break or tear it just comes down to a bad fall. Right now it doesn't look too promising and he will certainly miss the ACC game versus Valencia. The current esitmate puts him out 6 weeks which is a tough loss for someone so key and ever-present for the small club. With the injury veteran Jean-Pierre Papin finds himself back in the Starting XI at the ever youthful age of 46

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Annan Hardly Missed
March 20th, 2010

Tai Po hardly put a wrong foot all day and hosted a 3-0 win of Valencia. I successful game all around that saw Papin, Nunez, and Ye Jia score a goal. The victory launches Tai Po into 2nd place with 3 points, ahead of Gombak United with 2, Valencia with 1, and just behind TTM SS with 6.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

1 Point is Better Than 0
March 3rd, 2010

Tai Po had a rough go of it not having Christian Annan. Jean-Pierre Papin set-up an early goal with a move to Tino Nunez but Nunez was soon hurt and the offense wasn't the same Even worse news is that Nunez may be out for roughly 4 weeks with a thigh strain. Papin had an outstanding game but he couldn't carry them alone and the final score reflected this. 1-1 Tai Po at home v.s. Tin Shui Wai Pegasus.

Oddly enough French Manager Raymond Domenech attended the game to the suprise of all. Officially Mr. Domenech was there to enjoy a game, but it's off-kilter that ke decided to come to Hong Kong for such a reason. It is speculated that the French Skipper had some contact with Legendary Striker Papin ut as to what nobody knows. Papin may have been enquired to help train or prepare the lads for the upcoming World Cup. A more comical approach is maybe he plans on calling Papin up to the International Roster to help guide some of the younger players through the pressure of their first World Cup. Time will tell, and maybe there are bright things in the 46 year-old's future.

(No lie!!!! It said the French Manager was at the game but they don't know why he attended. I sooo want Papin to get called up.)

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Gombak Go Home Wet and Sorrowful
April 3rd, 2010

Tai Po stun the world with a big win at home in the rain. With Tino Nunez and Christian Annan, the clubs top strikers and only registered players for the ACC out with injury were not missed heavily as Tai Po record a win for the history books in front of the second largest crowd in Tai Po Football Ground's History, a whopping 2,610. Ye Jia placed a freekick in the goal in the 64th minute which was enough to seal the deal. A win for TTM SS puts the group like this

1. TTM SS - 9 points
2. Tai Po - 6 points
3. Valencia - 1 point
4. Gombak United - 1 Point

Top two teams progress to the next round and it seems as though lady luck is currently favoring Tai Po.

Last edited:
Well done, Brilliant read so far, hope Papin gets called up to the France squad too! Would be amazing to see a 46 year old at the World Cup playing! Just wondering how much (if any) did you get for a transfer budget and wage budget?

Thanks alot jamiesafc. I hope Papin does get there. That'd be amazing. I had about $35,000 or somewhere around that. Maybe less. between $23,000 - $35,000 when I satrted I don't remember. Wage budget is $11,295 but I'm spending $13,444 >_>. I'm going to break myself

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Ouch!
April 10th, 2010

Tai Po was throughly punished in a 4-0 crushing defeat to Sun Hei. Tai Po was never in it and hadn't a chance since the kickoff. Poor performance and hopefully not a sign of things to come down the stretch. The team is obviously suffering without Tino Nunez and Christian Annan

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:41 PM ----------

GRRRRRRR!!!!

So my computer went apeshit on me last night and I hadn't saved my game. I'm back to January 2nd 2010. I'm simming to the season's end and I'll post results then. I'm ******. Sorry :(

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

So my year ended. I finished 7th and came 1 point behind the Board Expected 6th place finish. The board is fed up with me and I didn't get passed the first group stage of the ACC. Looks like I have to improve for next year. Keep ya posted through the summer season. I still wish my computer would've never went down

i like your choice of team, very... different

Thanks. That was the idea. I used Bhutan on 09 and had alot of fun so this time I decided that it was Domestic time. No where better than Hong Kong.

yep agree with you there matey

Papin Called Up
June 5th, 2010

Jean-Pierre Papin has been on the field 54 times and has scored 30 goals in a French National Shirt and now he has the chance to add more of both. The 46 year old Striker was called up to the French National Team for a pre-World Cup friendly against Ireland. It is also worth noting that he has been added to the World Cup squad for 2010. He will make a few more appearences. The Tai Po favorite may be no longer in a Tai Po shirt as negotiations have been going sour and his contract runs out at the end of the month, That being said all of us Tai Po fans are pulling for Papin and France.

(Don't ask. I don't get it either lol)

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Papin Still Has it
June 14th, 2010

France's first game of the World Cup was a 2-1 win versus Ecuador. They conceded a late goal in the 75th due to a lapse in defense. The 46 year old striker set a record as the oldest capped player ever in the World Cup and ever for France. In the 23rd he became the oldest player ever for France or the World Cup to score a goal as he ripped one into the top corner. Papin has shown he still has a few moves and he has put France in a healthy position. We'll keep you guys posted as the Tai Po favorite continues his course.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

France 4-1 Croatia
June 16th, 2010

France coasted to a 4-1 win over Croatia, in what was projected to be a close game. Flamini scored two goals including what may be the goal of the tournament off a Papin assist from 33 yards out. France now has 6 points in the group after two wins and is first over Ecuador and Saudi Arabia who each has 3 points. France next plays Saudi Arabia in a game where they can effectively eliminate them from the World Cup as Ecuador plays a Croatia team with 0 points.

Last edited:
Papin Scores Against Ecuador

PapinscoredagainstEcuador.jpg

Papin in the Starting XI

PapinforFrance.jpg