Smokers

• Thread starter Thread starter Stann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 268
  • Views Views 16K
I tried it 2 years ago, hated it and have never tried again. Quite a few people I know smoke, and I advise them to quit, but it's their choice at the end of the day. I also hate the smell of the smoke.

Money is a key part of it for me, I think it's a joke, people spend maybe about £40 on cigarettes (maybe?)
and for what? Making them feel good about them selves? = LOL.
Relieving stress? In that case everyone in the world would be smoking.

But no, it damages your health, imagine what that money would do for charity.

Do what you want, but I think it's wrong, especially the one's the teenagers on street corners who just puff all the smoke in your face.

In china it's 50p for a pack of cigs in China so bollocks to you and your charity. Cigarettes are a want. We do not need them to survive. We all have a certain amount of money, we don't get more because we really want something. Smokers spend whatever proportion of that money on cigarettes, while you choose to spend it on something else, which you don't need. You could also give that money to charity. Your just as bad as us.

No **** it's bad for our health like we don't know that. People act like since you smoke your life is over, well maybe we will die younger but that doesn't mean all we do is sit at home depressed wondering why we smoke and cry about not being able to stop.

In china it's 50p for a pack of cigs in China so bollocks to you and your charity. Cigarettes are a want. We do not need them to survive. We all have a certain amount of money, we don't get more because we really want something. Smokers spend whatever proportion of that money on cigarettes, while you choose to spend it on something else, which you don't need. You could also give that money to charity. Your just as bad as us.

No **** it's bad for our health like we don't know that. People act like since you smoke your life is over, well maybe we will die younger but that doesn't mean all we do is sit at home depressed wondering why we smoke and cry about not being able to stop.

And that, that's a disgrace.

I love that, this part isn't aimed at you by the way; but people that smoke, could actually go and support there football teams instead of smoking there lives away, < which works seems though we're on a football forum.

Well said. Nothing to add to that. However...

Problem is, we have to subsidise your addiction. When you grow older and start developing health problems, we non-smokers have to pay for you to get treatment from the NHS through taxes. More people smoke, more people get ill, more taxes. I don't want to have to pay for someone else's bad choices in life, thank you very much.

I love that, this part isn't aimed at you by the way; but people that smoke, could actually go and support there football teams instead of smoking there lives away, < which works seems though we're on a football forum.

If I had to go and support Stockport County I would smoke non-stop till I died

Well did you know that playing Football Manager for 3 hours a day kills a large amount of brain cells over a period of a few years. So technically by you playing FM I am paying for your health treatment when you are older. My nan has been smoking since she was 14 and is now 85 and still going strong. So it's all relative.

I also don't smoke due to the effects it has on people's bodies. I'd rather not smoke something that impairs my fitness/physical ability while playing sports or just generally keeping fit and exercising.

If I had to go and support Stockport County I would smoke non-stop till I died

Good one. <)

Never heard that before.

.. But too respond to that; and sorry to change the topic, but I don't care in this case, it's about County and I'm fed up of people taking the ****.

I'm from Stockport, and unlike most of the glory hunting people in Stockport, I support my local team, I go every week, have a season ticket, I pay £50 to watch them on away games, Gillingham away on saturday, we'll probably lose but I'll still go.

But you, you support Manchester United, why?

I'll go for:

1. There good?
2. You love the way they play?
3. Your dad supports them?
4. You've always had a soft spot for them so you say you support them?
5. You like their kit?
6. A former player?

How many games do you go?

Back on to smoking anyway

I geuss I would call myself a 'social smoker' as I rarely smoke on my own but usually around others, same with weed.

Well did you know that playing Football Manager for 3 hours a day kills a large amount of brain cells over a period of a few years. So technically by you playing FM I am paying for your health treatment when you are older. My nan has been smoking since she was 14 and is now 85 and still going strong. So it's all relative.

Where's the findings on that? I'd like to see that study. Sounds like something you've just made up. Playing computer games doesn't destroy brain cells. How gullible do you think I am? If it killed "a large amount of brain cells", then those people who've been playing computer games since they were ten will be dead by, what, twenty? You're saying if I play FM for a week straight, by Sunday I've become a vegetable incapable of movement?

And yes, maybe your nan has. But you CANNOT deny it shortens your lifespan, on average. Your nan is an exception. On top of that, she hasn't managed to give herself some kind of cancer, so she doesn't figure into the equations.

Well said. Nothing to add to that. However...

Problem is, we have to subsidise your addiction. When you grow older and start developing health problems, we non-smokers have to pay for you to get treatment from the NHS through taxes. More people smoke, more people get ill, more taxes. I don't want to have to pay for someone else's bad choices in life, thank you very much.

I'm not saying bollocks to Charity so you know what **** off. I'd think it was quite obvious that I was just irritated by you telling me to give money to charity on something I spend on myself when you should be just as obligated to do so as me.

I won't try and save myself, I didn't think of that, ignorant on my part. Well said.

Good one. <)

Never heard that before.

.. But too respond to that; and sorry to change the topic, but I don't care in this case, it's about County and I'm fed up of people taking the ****.

I'm from Stockport, and unlike most of the glory hunting people in Stockport, I support my local team, I go every week, have a season ticket, I pay £50 to watch them on away games, Gillingham away on saturday, we'll probably lose but I'll still go.

But you, you support Manchester United, why?

I'll go for:

1. There good?
2. You love the way they play?
3. Your dad supports them?
4. You've always had a soft spot for them so you say you support them?
5. You like their kit?
6. A former player?

How many games do you go?

Back on to smoking anyway

Only taking the **** mate I hate smoking myself, And ye fair play I'm from Ireland and my local team is Bohemians but they are shocking, I support United because when I was young I was bought the kits by my parents and when I got to the age when I knew what football was I always loved them, The fact they were brilliant at the time I was growing up is a factor most likely to why I was bought the kits and so on, Being supporting them since I was about 6/7 and I' m 19 now, and for the how many games I go to well I'm from Dublin so its not easy to go to their games, Its €200 to get over their ticket and a hotel for the night then around €150 spending money, I save a bit of money out of my wages every week and go over when I can afford to so I go to about 6-7 games a season, Not alot but I try my best

I'm not saying bollocks to Charity so you know what **** off. I'd think it was quite obvious that I was just irritated by you telling me to give money to charity on something I spend on myself when you should be just as obligated to do so as me.

I won't try and save myself, I didn't think of that, ignorant on my part. Well said.

I don't know you, you can spend your money on what you want, smoke to your hearts content, I don't care, I just think it's wrong, and so do alot of people.

I'm not gonna talk you out of it, your nothing to me, (and that's not an insult) if it was a mate or a family member I would try and tell to stop.

Back