Smokers

• Thread starter Thread starter Stann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 268
  • Views Views 16K
I don't know you, you can spend your money on what you want, smoke to your hearts content, I don't care, I just think it's wrong, and so do alot of people.

I'm not gonna talk you out of it, your nothing to me, (and that's not an insult) if it was a mate or a family member I would try and tell to stop.

Exactly.

Personally, I have never tried a cigarette or drugs, for that matter. I plan not to.

1. The smell is disgusting.
2. It lingers on you and is incredibly off-putting.
3. Chances are you'll get cancer/die early.
4. Drugs wise- I'd rather not get arrested.

Some people may call me a '*****' or some **** like that, but while they're taking drugs and smoking, I'll have a job. (I refer to chavs.)

Last edited:
I started smoking when I was still in school and, at the time, I was a very good inter schools cross-country runner. I enjoyed it for many years -- some people actually do enjoy smoking, but my cross-country ambitions disappeared very quickly. As I've gotten older, my attitude to my own smoking has changed and I've been fighting a losing battle for about the last 3 years in trying to give them up. Some people can give up instantly, but unfortunately I'm one of the 'easily addicted' one's I suppose. I wouldn't advise anyone to start and I wish I never had.

The reason it doesn't get banned is simple -- where else could the government source 9 billion + pounds per year from? From wage packets? Imagine the uproar.

IMO, they don't really want us to give-up, rather just make it look like they do through the odd tv advert etc... Same with alcohol. They'll still be for sale in shops long after we've gone.

Smoking is a choice. In fairness it is a really bad thing to do, we watched this video in school last week about what can happen to you when you smoke for a certain amount of time. There are consequences and I think the people who do smoke know the consequences but I'm not going to run their lives for them, it's their own choice. I myself would never touch a cigarette, rich teas...on the other hand.

Does your tortoise smoke?

1. Agreed
2. Agreed
3. Agreed
4. Ahem... possessing weed for personal use isn't illegal. :)

Some people may call me a '*****' or some **** like that, but while they're taking drugs and smoking, I'll have a job.

Rather harsh. Somewhat tarring all smokers and druggies with the same brush there. I know people who smoke and have jobs, and I occasionally smoke a bit of pot and have a part-time job.

I think, though, that you're referring to the chavvy ******* who say that kind of stuff. If that is the case, I wholeheartedly agree with you. I feel nothing but pity for them. Oh, and a little happy. Karma's going to be one cruel ***** to them...

1. Agreed
2. Agreed
3. Agreed

Rather harsh. Somewhat tarring all smokers and druggies with the same brush there. I know people who smoke and have jobs, and I occasionally smoke a bit of pot and have a part-time job.

I think, though, that you're referring to the chavvy ******* who say that kind of stuff. If that is the case, I wholeheartedly agree with you. I feel nothing but pity for them. Oh, and a little happy. Karma's going to be one cruel ***** to them...

I meant drugs in general. :)

Maybe I didn't make it clear, but I do mean chavs. Thanks for pointing that out. :P

Exactly.

Personally, I have never tried a cigarette or drugs, for that matter. I plan not to.

Some people may call me a '*****' or some **** like that, but while they're taking drugs and smoking, I'll have a job.

Why do they call you a ***** ? I smoke, dont have any problem on people who dont . This year I lived with two guys who smoked pot on a regular basis, everyday they asked if I wanted to try, but as a promise that I did to my girlfriend didnt touch, smell or taste, as easy as that .. Smoke is bad, as is drinking, drugs , whatever, smoking calls me down(I know you are all going to say there all lots of things I could do to relax, and I completely understand that) .. As for me, I have the hability to quit smoking whenver I can because its not a need ..

I don't know you, you can spend your money on what you want, smoke to your hearts content, I don't care, I just think it's wrong, and so do alot of people.

I'm not gonna talk you out of it, your nothing to me, (and that's not an insult) if it was a mate or a family member I would try and tell to stop.

Exactly so why would you have a go.

Doesn't matter now, I'm not here to make enemies. Each to their own. Let's move on :)

1. Agreed
2. Agreed
3. Agreed

Yes it is! I've never even recieved a warning, but I've seen mates get nicked for possesion of an eight!

Why do they call you a ***** ? I smoke, dont have any problem on people who dont . This year I lived with two guys who smoked pot on a regular basis, everyday they asked if I wanted to try, but as a promise that I did to my girlfriend didnt touch, smell or taste, as easy as that .. Smoke is bad, as is drinking, drugs , whatever, smoking calls me down(I know you are all going to say there all lots of things I could do to relax, and I completely understand that) .. As for me, I have the hability to quit smoking whenver I can because its not a need ..

I expect your are older than me, or maybe you live in a different area, I don't know. But, round here, peer pressure rules and people will do anything to impress other people.

I have no problem if people want to smoke themselves, I just wouldn't.

I started smoking when I was still in school and, at the time, I was a very good inter schools cross-country runner. I enjoyed it for many years -- some people actually do enjoy smoking, but my cross-country ambitions disappeared very quickly. As I've gotten older, my attitude to my own smoking has changed and I've been fighting a losing battle for about the last 3 years in trying to give them up. Some people can give up instantly, but unfortunately I'm one of the 'easily addicted' one's I suppose. I wouldn't advise anyone to start and I wish I never had.

The reason it doesn't get banned is simple -- where else could the government source 9 billion + pounds per year from? From wage packets? Imagine the uproar.

IMO, they don't really want us to give-up, rather just make it look like they do through the odd tv advert etc... Same with alcohol. They'll still be for sale in shops long after we've gone.
more than that now, its about 11 billion year, and an easy way for the government to make money

I meant drugs in general. :)

Maybe I didn't make it clear, but I do mean chavs. Thanks for pointing that out. :P

The pedant in me wants to point out that most drugs are in fact legal, but I'll let it slide. :P

Why do they call you a *****? I smoke, dont have any (etc)

Because they're dicks.

Yes it is! I've never even recieved a warning, but I've seen mates get nicked for possesion of an eight!

Presumably he was either found to be dealing, or was over the limit allowed on his person.

more than that now, its about 11 billion year, and an easy way for the government to make money

Yeah, I think that was the latest figure I heard about. Why ban it in a recession when you are making a load of money from it?

I will never touch cigarettes, a complete waste of a life. Tbf alcohol is just as bad though.

Well said. Nothing to add to that. However...

Problem is, we have to subsidise your addiction. When you grow older and start developing health problems, we non-smokers have to pay for you to get treatment from the NHS through taxes. More people smoke, more people get ill, more taxes. I don't want to have to pay for someone else's bad choices in life, thank you very much.

every time i buy a packet of **** i pay taxes on them. i also pay taxes on my wages so i am perfectly entitled to free health treatment on the nhs.

my opinion is its my health, my hard earned wages, my life.

you dont like it? **** off. problem solved (6)

I will never touch cigarettes, a complete waste of a life. Tbf alcohol is just as bad though.

I beg to differ. Alcohol makes my friends shoulders comfy and makes me talk about constellations and Venice with complete abandon. :D

every time i buy a packet of **** i pay taxes on them. i also pay taxes on my wages so i am perfectly entitled to free health treatment on the nhs.

Bollocks to that. Sure you pay taxes on your ****, but nowhere near enough to compensate for the health complications smoking causes. And I pay taxes on my wages, too, part of which goes to help smokers get back on their feet after health issues. Well, that, and adverts telling them to stop smoking. You're entitled to free healthcare, but don't be under the illusion you're putting as much in as you're getting out.

my opinion is its my health, my hard earned wages, my life.

Which I then have to subsidise, you selfish little man.

you dont like it? **** off. problem solved
devil.gif

Oh, there's a reasoned argument. See, thing is, if I and every other person who didn't smoke and didn't want to pay for other people's addictions "****** off", you realise you'd end up paying far, far more taxes, right? Resulting in less money for you to fund your addiction. Possibly, shock horror, you might have to quit smoking to feed yourself. Think about it next time you say something like that.

Last edited:
I beg to differ. Alcohol makes my friends shoulders comfy and makes me talk about constellations and Venice with complete abandon. :D

Lol, random.

I'd say alcohol in moderation is absolutely fine. Why not? It does no harm having a pint.

I expect your are older than me, or maybe you live in a different area, I don't know. But, round here, peer pressure rules and people will do anything to impress other people.

I have no problem if people want to smoke themselves, I just wouldn't.

Im 20 since yesterday :) Dont know if you are older . that is quite lamme, and it happens here aswell . Im at Uni, and i dont like to drink , and my colegues love to kiss *** to the seniors, so they drink , drink and drink, and even tae pot to Course dinners .. If I go on a night out, the only drink that I touch with a zip of alcohol is Smirnoff . The thing is, its like Im in a different world if I dont drink .. I couldnt care less tbh, they are the ones to get wasted, skipping classes, etc ..

Cigars!! love the smell, just don't inhale haha I might smoke on a night out every now and then:P weed is great, just as long as you don't make a habbit out of it....once a month maybe:)

The pedant in me wants to point out that most drugs are in fact legal, but I'll let it slide. :P

Because they're dicks.

Presumably he was either found to be dealing, or was over the limit allowed on his person.
I don't know where you live mate, but it is illegal in London to have a pre-rolled joint on you.

Back