Smokers

• Thread starter Thread starter Stann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 268
  • Views Views 16K
I never said alcohol was terrible, but the effects are just as bad, i would have no problem drinking though, its not disgusting though like smoking.

Im 20 since yesterday :) Dont know if you are older . that is quite lamme, and it happens here aswell . Im at Uni, and i dont like to drink , and my colegues love to kiss *** to the seniors, so they drink , drink and drink, and even tae pot to Course dinners .. If I go on a night out, the only drink that I touch with a zip of alcohol is Smirnoff . The thing is, its like Im in a different world if I dont drink .. I couldnt care less tbh, they are the ones to get wasted, skipping classes, etc ..

Yeah, I agree. You get all the suck ups. It really winds me up because they aren't going to know these people past college/sixth form so what difference does it make? Making stupid decisions that they will regret later in life just so they can impress some jumped up chav.

Lol, random.

I'd say alcohol in moderation is absolutely fine. Why not? It does no harm having a pint.
Who wants to put a bet on more Alcohol related deaths than smoking related?

Cigars!! love the smell, just don't inhale haha I might smoke on a night out every now and then:P weed is great, just as long as you don't make a habbit out of it....once a month maybe:)

apart from slow speach, decreasing brain cells, looking like a mong

I don't smoke cigarettes, don't like them at all. I have a go of a joint or whatever of a weekend with my mates, don't mind weed.

I don't know where you live mate, but it is illegal in London to have a pre-rolled joint on you.

That's why I'm not stupid enough to have a pre-rolled joint on me. :)

Who wants to put a bet on more Alcohol related deaths than smoking related?

The person you quoted from specifically said "in moderation". Our livers, in fact, are specifically designed to catalyse alcohol. In moderation, alcohol is no worse for you than salt.

That's why I'm not stupid enough to have a pre-rolled joint on me. :)

The person you quoted from specifically said "in moderation". Our livers, in fact, are specifically designed to catalyse alcohol. In moderation, alcohol is no worse for you than salt.

Thank-you. I did say in moderation, yes.

i predictably gave into peer pressure when i tried my first ***, i liked it though ive managed not to get addicted

there are 33,000 deaths a year due to alcohol

about that number alone die from lung cancer due to smoking, with 106,000 people dying a year from smoking related illnesses

about that number alone die from lung cancer due to smoking, with 106,000 people dying a year from smoking related illnesses

Just wondering, what is included in deaths from alcohol? Does it include circumstances like drink driving?

Demographically though, that would be for all older people. Out of the 33000 alchohol related deaths, I would say 30000 are for people under the ages of 25. How many deaths of people under 25 due to smoking?

Just wondering, what is included in deaths from alcohol? Does it include circumstances like drink driving?
it says a quarter due to accidents, so i think so, i will look up drink driving incidents and see.

Sources:

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Smoking-The-Facts.htm

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Alcohol-and-Sensible-Drinking.htm

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Demographically though, that would be for all older people. Out of the 33000 alchohol related deaths, I would say 30000 are for people under the ages of 25. How many deaths of people under 25 due to smoking?
you'd be wrong. coming from statistics.gov.uk, as of 2008 the highest rates were in men aged 55-74

Eh? What on Earth do you think young people are dying of so rapidly that's related to drinking? Short of passing out and drowning on their own vomit (My estimate: 100 dead that way per year) or getting into fights and losing their life that way (Maybe 1000? 2000? Maybe more.) I see very little possible ways you can die that young strictly because of alcohol apart from drink driving, and I refuse to believe that many die that way.

When you're older, however, you might develop liver cancer, die young because of heart failure caused by obesity brought on by excessive drinking, have a heart attack due to dilation of the blood vessels around the heart, et cetera.

Yes, like you said drunken brawls, stabbings, accidents, drink driving. Also binge drinking leading to alcohol poisoning. Hear about it all the time.

I smoke, sometimes a pipe, sometimes cigarettes, depends on my mood. Capstan Navy Cut if it's a pipe moment, Dunhill if it's cigarette time. Why? Because I enjoy it. Smell of pipe smoke on an autumn evening with a pint of Adnams... lovely.

Dont think I ever will smoke, my next door neighbour some times walks home from school with me and he has the audacity to smoke weed whilst just walking around after school. A lot of my family smoke so it's second nature to me, I don't really care if people smoke, but I never will.

Yes, like you said drunken brawls, stabbings, accidents, drink driving. Also binge drinking leading to alcohol poisoning. Hear about it all the time.

30000 deaths from that? No way.

Last edited:
Back