Smokers

• Thread starter Thread starter Stann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 268
  • Views Views 16K
Yes I smoke. Cigarrettes AND weed. Not gonna say I like to smoke cigs, cuz now it's more of an addiction than anything else. Been waiting to have the guts to quit it completely. I do like to smoke weed. Lots of it. And I also drink alcohol, in more regular basis than before.

Plus, I travel, I study, I have worked, I have good relationship with my family, and it's not like I'm doing cocaine or heroin. Not even Speeds or Ecs.

Now go on, healthy people, bash this buoy.

Yes I smoke. Cigarrettes AND weed. Not gonna say I like to smoke cigs, cuz now it's more of an addiction than anything else. Been waiting to have the guts to quit it completely. I do like to smoke weed. Lots of it. And I also drink alcohol, in more regular basis than before.

Plus, I travel, I study, I have worked, I have good relationship with my family, and it's not like I'm doing cocaine or heroin. Not even Speeds or Ecs.

Sounds like an awesome life, to be honest. I bet I'll spend my life looking after myself to a reasonable degree and end up popping off a good five years before you as well, sod's law.

Well said braaaaaaa.

Nothing wrong with E's!

Nothing wrong with E's!

I smoke, ocassionally smoke spliffs, but these drugs for me are too far. My best friend got slipped it once. If I had seen the guy that had I would've decked him.

Live fast , die young my son ..

I smoke, ocassionally smoke spliffs, but these drugs for me are too far. My best friend got slipped it once. If I had seen the guy that had I would've decked him.
Weed and Alcohol has been proven to be more harmful to health than Ecstasy.

As a matter of fact the least harmful classified drug.
View attachment 109392

Last edited:
Still a higher classified drug than spliff.
And the only reason for this is that it was class A before they realised it was less harmful than alcohol tobacco etc, and they're too afraid to change it now.

Thus more if weed was to go up to Class A tomorrow would that stop you taking it. When it went up to a B did that change your perspective?

And the only reason for this is that it was class A before they realised it was less harmful than alcohol tobacco etc, and they're too afraid to change it now.

Thus more if weed was to go up to Class A tomorrow would that stop you taking it. When it went up to a B did that change your perspective?

Caught with Class A drugs and your screwed. Also, people don't want to be massive druggies and think that by taking a Class A drug they will be. Therefore, less people take it as there is an easier alternative, spliff. More people drink and smoke than take E.

Anyway this is off-topic.

more than that now, its about 11 billion year, and an easy way for the government to make money
And the cost to the health service resulting from smoke related illness? I did a report for my economics, I can't remember exactly but it either resulted in a very small surplus for the government budget, or actually just contributed to a deficit. So really, the government revenue is a pretty poor argument for smoking.

Smoking is also a demerit good, the government deems it bad for society. The more people that smoke affects society exponentially due to passive effects. So others suffer health effects, contributing to a lower life expectancy, and a lower standard of living which is not a government aim either.

Found the NHS cost: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8086142.stm

So in grand total smoking contributes £6bn to the economy, which is tiny when compared with the amount that is being spend shown here, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8086142.stm - When just under £200bn is spent on social security alone, it's nothing.

The physical effects from smoking can also affect the ability to work, if smoking contributes to less people being able to work, then that person goes from contributing to the economy, to draining from it, and less output is achieved by the nation.

Oh, and i've never smoked and never will, for my own health and the aforementioned reasons.

Well iv been smoking about 20-30 a day for bout 9 or 10 years now, Have never been sick since was on them. Drink 4 pints of Guiness everyday and bout ten every friday saturday and sunday night. Despite this i have a healthy bmi and and recently had a life expectancy test and it says ill last till im 87. So excuse me while i enjoy the next 65 years of my life doing no apparent harm to myself :)

Oh by the way i used to smoke b&h but now smoke amber leaf tobacco as its cheaper and i find it easier to smoke :)

Well iv been smoking about 20-30 a day for bout 9 or 10 years now, Have never been sick since was on them. Drink 4 pints of Guiness everyday and bout ten every friday saturday and sunday night. Despite this i have a healthy bmi and and recently had a life expectancy test and it says ill last till im 87. So excuse me while i enjoy the next 65 years of my life doing no apparent harm to myself :)

Oh by the way i used to smoke b&h but now smoke amber leaf tobacco as its cheaper and i find it easier to smoke :)
You've been smoking 20-30 a day since you were 12?

How can you predict life expectancy? Especially when each cigarette contains 10,000 carcinogens, there's no way you can test if in the future those chemicals will affect you or not. Life expectancy is an average, if you get life threatening cancer or other diseases due to smoking (or possibly not) then you will be below the average life expectancy for the nation.

Yes, you may will live to 87, but smoking drastically increases the probability of you not reaching that age in the future. If there was a test to see if a probability would happen in the future, then bookies would be out of business ;)

Back