Snoods Love them or Hate Them?

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 7K

Would you were a Snood

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The neck and the hands are those areas that don't warm up or become numb off the cold though, more so the neck being cold and the hands becoming numb. Obviously your body warms up.

I know when I am playing I work very hard, especially when playing right-back as I run up and down the pitch all game as I am quite attacking however after a game, if I haven't worn gloves my hands are freezing and normally very numb. I don't wear a neckwarmer all the time but now and then when it is freezing they definitely help. What a debate this is.. XD

Well, I suppose your right. But tbh, I never really feel the cold around my neck :P

I wouldn't wear one. Even when it's freezing I prefer just wearing a long sleeved shirt. Not really a fan of the underarmour/helly/skin tops so I don't have anything underneath. It's warm enough when you're running around anyway. I wear warmer stuff like gloves (and even a hat and hoody on Friday when it was Baltic!) in the warm-up as hands can get very cold when you're not playing, but I play with only shorts and a top for a game - no extras!

PS It's 'wear', not 'were' :p

Last edited:
I'd prefer one if i'm honest, I play right-back and I'm thinking of getting one.
I suppose it's one of those things, you love them, or you hate them. ;)

Well, I suppose your right. But tbh, I never really feel the cold around my neck :P

Our team wear v-neck *****, it's not any substantial cold but wearing something there helps. If you said I couldn't wear one, it really wouldn't make much difference to me.

I'm sorry. Maybe if you called it a neckwarmer I would wear it, however because it has such a ridiculous name I am not in favour of snoods. Burn all of them instantly, even if people are wearing them. They shall pay for such a fashion disaster.

Poor wittle footballers can't handle the cold. Football is always played in t-shirt weather, no need for underarmour/similar, never mind (non-gk) gloves and neckwear. Especially since in football you're running around a lot...

I'm sorry. Maybe if you called it a neckwarmer I would wear it, however because it has such a ridiculous name I am not in favour of snoods. Burn all of them instantly, even if people are wearing them. They shall pay for such a fashion disaster.

Yeah, I am not supporting 'snoods' and am not in support of them being worn because they look good. But a simple neckwarmer to keep me warm is all good :)

Well tbh, these 'wimps' are doing quite a bit better than us XD

Couldn't care less about them, it's their choice to wear them.

Footballers should just wear a vest and shorts, feel the cold like real men! RAWR!

Meh, if you want to wear one wear one, I couldn't care either way. Don't think I would wear one though, it looks like it might make you less mobile...

i wear one, i dont get all this you will warm up because your neck, your face and your hands don't, i play either as a right winger or a box to box midfielder and those areas get extremely cold.

I can see the reason for them wearing it and I don't mind them doing that. However, as they look ****** stupid and have a ridiculous name, and the poll asked me if I personally would wear one, I voted no.

I'm of the opinion that, if you're too cold whilst playing football - you're not working hard enough.

Only person who has a valid reason to wear one of these is a goalkeeper.

You've obviously not used to playing in Norway, where shovelling snow off the pitch is quite common in the latter stages of the league. And it's always hilarious watching Norwegians play European games; the continentals (and Brits) bring longs, gloves and what not. The Norwegians play in a short-sleeved shirt;p

And Calum... It's "wear" not "were," you illiterate bumpkin!

Who cares if they wear them? Unless it somehow affects their ability in a negative manner, then why are you bothered?

It's ******* cold at the moment, people often prefer to be warm. They might look silly, but they'll be the ones laughing at you when you're too proud to wear one and go around sneezing for the rest of the week.

Back