Snoods Love them or Hate Them?

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 7K

Would you were a Snood

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I dont give a **** as it has no negative impact on the players who wear them to keep themselves watm and prevent their neck from getting stiff in the cold anyways

I think the farce over these sums up a lot about the English game at the moment. Who cares if people wear gloves, snoods, tights, long sleeves, under-armour, etc..

Beacuse if they wore a head then they would get their 4/5 set bonus

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/sol/homepa...nited-players-wearing-snoods.html#comment-rigHARDLINE boss Sir Alex Ferguson has banned his Man Utd stars from wearing trendy snoods - declaring: "They're for powder puffs."
The iron-fisted Scot, 68, instructed the squad to brave the cold without the circular scarfs.

alex-180_1181295a.jpg
Neck out ... Sir Alex Ferguson

He told them: "Real men don't wear things like that. Get 'em off."
The garment has become increasingly popular in British football during the cold snap, especially with foreign players.
Snood wearers include Man City's Carlos Tevez, Yaya Toure and Mario Balotelli.
Arsenal's Samir Nasri and Liverpool keeper Pepe Reina are also fans.
But United defender Rio Ferdinand, 32, wrote online: "You won't see a Man Utd player wearing a snood."
Ex-Leeds United hardman Norman Hunter, 67, added: "Fergie's of the old guard that wouldn't want players running out in that.
"They just look uncomfortable. If anybody grabbed you from behind, they could almost throttle you."
He added: "We didn't even wear gloves. We played in a lot worse conditions than they play in now - ice, snow, mud, everything.
"Nowadays players go out with body and leg warmers and this thing on their neck. We used to rub Algipan oil all over. That kept us warm."

Fair play Fergie you tell em...

Big Eck wont have that problem our lads wont wear them anyway ^^)

Ex-Leeds United hardman Norman Hunter, 67, added: "Fergie's of the old guard that wouldn't want players running out in that. "They just look uncomfortable. If anybody grabbed you from behind, they could almost throttle you."

You could only throttle someone with a snood about as effectively as you could throttle them grabbing the neck of their shirt.

Trust an old school leeds player to suggest that <)

Dirty Leeds

I wouldn't wear a snood for football. If there playing well though I dont see the problen

realisticly no you dont need to wear 1 u will get warm of playing football i know i play 4 times a week 1 time semi-pro an undershirt yes cos they keep your body at body temperature if you are active and you can get turtle neck ones the players that wear these ar soft little ladyboys.. i played at the age of nine in some serious conditions of weather and never turned around and asked if i could wear my scarf whilst playing its pathetic!!!!!!!!! i do agree that a goalkeeper maybe excused from this debate as they are quite idle for most of the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

i also think its funny how most people NOT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! defending are arsenal fans think this is maybe due to their team is 95% foreign and therfore 95% of their team wear one

It made me sad to see Tioté was wearing one last game :'(

It made me sad to see Tioté was wearing one last game :'(

Why?

He is from Africa, aka, ******* hot.

Now he is playing in North East England, aka, ******* cold.

I would rather he were comfortable and playing well, than cold and ****.

Well Im not against Nasri wearing one, since he started wearing one, he has been awesome. Maybe its a lucky snood, or magical or something...

I just got myself a snood from Mountain Warehouse, they're quite comfy and ****** warm as well, i can see why all these foreign players are wearing them.

I've heard alot of the ex pro's saying it's for the wimps, but as long as it keeps your warm, it's not hurting anyone is it?

You wouldn't catch me wearing one though, that's for sure.

Fair play Fergie you tell em...

Big Eck wont have that problem our lads wont wear them anyway ^^)

More than can be said for Villa. That poncey Young is wearing one every match, but he's a legend so I forgive him. When Collins, Dunne, Reo-Coker and Carew start wearing them, then I'll be worried.

I wouldn't care if players ran around with fur coats on, as long as it doesn't impede their performances they can wear whatever the **** they like.

Poor wittle footballers can't handle the cold. Football is always played in t-shirt weather, no need for underarmour/similar, never mind (non-gk) gloves and neckwear. Especially since in football you're running around a lot...
you are running a lot yes, but once you start weating, and feel the wind and cold its a pain, so thats why they wear this. i love snoods

Like my Dad says isent it funny that 50 years ago if you were seen in glove or thermals you were seen as a ***** but now the foreigners have moved in everyone wears them its a disgrace. Now thermals are alright but scarfs no chance

I wouldn't care if players ran around with fur coats on, as long as it doesn't impede their performances they can wear whatever the **** they like.

I agree, and it just makes their performance better if anything.
Yaya Toure's wearing one today btw, and he has scored 2 goals. Nasri also wears it a lot amongst others who have had a great season.

Not sure what the big deal about this is to be honest. If a players performance drops by even 0.1% due to the cold etc, then I wouldn't mind anyone wearing them. I wouldn't personally wear a snood again whilst playing football, I wore one on Wednesday night, along with an underlayer (Shirt and trousers) but that's because I was suffering from a cold and wanted to keep as warm as possible, although I did wear an underlayer this morning and after 20 minutes or so I was baking so I took it off. But again, I don't see what all the fuss about the snoods is.

More than can be said for Villa. That poncey Young is wearing one every match, but he's a legend so I forgive him. When Collins, Dunne, Reo-Coker and Carew start wearing them, then I'll be worried.

I'd cry if I saw the mighty Hesk wearing one ;)

Back