Snoods Love them or Hate Them?

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 7K

Would you were a Snood

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've had one for a couple of years and wore it last week to football training for a laugh, was good banter, everyone was asking if i thought i was Tevez. They're really good for cycling though as well because you can put them around your face.

I agree... Don't get why people are hating, fact is your neck doesn't warm up and they're a bit of an accessory, now notable pros are wearing them. Anyone who gives it this, "you shouldn't be cold or your not working hard enough" clearly is a fair weather player.

500588175_450927.jpg

Wesley Sneijder with some thermal thing in Italy, clearly not working hard enough ;)

Last edited:
I would wear one while skiing, but not playing football.

I have a turtleneck undershirt for when I play football/golf in the cold.

I've had one for a couple of years and wore it last week to football training for a laugh, was good banter, everyone was asking if i thought i was Tevez. They're really good for cycling though as well because you can put them around your face.

Haha I always get it off our centre-half. I'd argue back but he's over 6ft :P

I agree with parts in the article that wearing things like snoods and gloves are a sign of weakness. It's like wearing a knee brace - your just asking for tough treatment and hard challenges. I'd be embarrassed at wearing any accesories when playing football, but perhaps that is how I have been brought up. I can't even play with my sleeves down! It'd be interesting to know what position the promoters of this garment actually play though. I guess that I'm a typical English centre back, but I'd also guess that the majority of wearers are attacking, flair type players who seem to idolise the professional players in their position. Im of the John Terry mould myself

I agree with parts in the article that wearing things like snoods and gloves are a sign of weakness. It's like wearing a knee brace - your just asking for tough treatment and hard challenges. I'd be embarrassed at wearing any accesories when playing football, but perhaps that is how I have been brought up. I can't even play with my sleeves down! It'd be interesting to know what position the promoters of this garment actually play though. I guess that I'm a typical English centre back, but I'd also guess that the majority of wearers are attacking, flair type players who seem to idolise the professional players in their position. Im of the John Terry mould myself

In FM terms I am natural at right-back, but am still trying to get the nak of playing central midfield, mainly the positional side. I do bomb forward when playing both positions but often get praised for my tackling. I welcome hard challenges, I actually enjoy getting challenged hard, it makes me a bit more passionate about the game :)

I have one and wear it for football. I wear it to keep my neck warm and because ive had a few bad neck injuries in the past and this really does help.

They look pretty snazzy :) These players' winters were warmer than ours so it's understandable why they wear them. Should have adapted by now I suppose :$

I dont know that I would wear one but if it does the job then it's gotta be good and with such big players using them they should be fine! Only worry would be if a player got throttled by someone pulling the snood :L

I fink dey look well fit wearin dem i hope david beckam wears one cause he will look like sooo hot in it.

Dont see the problem really, if your cold without it and its a problem, wear one.

But back in my day we all had to play bare footed on hot coals and broken glass in -18 temperatures with bears patrolling the pitch and we never complained. Now you get these lads with snoods gloves and pink boots...

I've never worn a snood. I don't like them, but then again, I can't judge it because I've never worn it.

So no, I'd rather wear an undershirt and gloves.

Being the big hard man centre back of my team I don't think wearing a snood would go down too well, even long-sleeved shirts are a no-no. Notice how it's only the pretentious players wearing them; Chamakh, Nasri, Tevez. I await the day we see Nemanja Vidic in a snood.

I have one, wear it training but didn't wear it in a match yet.. I already have purple boots so i don't wanna wear one cos i'd just be askin for a kicking. Defo would if i could tho..

nope not for me, when i play football i don't wear a hat, gloves, long sleeve shirt or trackies. Im a proper nutter just shorts and short sleeve Chelsea shirt no matter the weather.

Think two words suffice here... Man up.

Ive never worn gloves in matches, i dont see the problem, i played in sleet n snow once n i got plenty hot enough i had to pull my sleeves up. As was said earlier, if you are cold enough to wear one, you arent working hard enough!

I would say something but ill recive another FP xD... it's not worth it :D

I don't see any reason to *hate* them. If its snowing or raining or windy as **** I'd wear one if I was a professional footballer and it made the difference, its not like they look awful. They just look like a very precisely arranged scarf, so I'm cool with them. I wouldn't pay for one though because I don't like them thaat much

Considering the PL's top scorer (Tevez) and arguably the player of the season so far (Nasri) are wearing them, then its a bit of a non-argument, they don't have a negative impact on performance, so who gives a flying fu....

the only thing that looks more stupid than these is short sleeved shirts with gloves...

short sleeved shirts with gloves...

yeah ! some one agrees with me whats the point of wearing gloves if you have got a short sleeved shirt on ?

If you want gloves wear a long sleeved shirt !

Back