• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 7K

Would you were a Snood

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Posted on the Fulham Forum.

Good old FIFA!

Corruption? Not arsed, mate. Goal line technology? Not interested. Snoods? Don't worry, we're all over that one. We're having a big old pow-wow in Zurich, where we'll sit up until the early hours hammering out an official FIFA Snood policy.

"A Fifa spokesman said: "We want a debate over the snood and whether it could be dangerous. There may be a safety issue – if for example a player was running through on goal and an opponent grabbed his snood, that could pose a potential danger to his neck.""

I've lost count of the amount of friends and colleagues I've lost in snood accidents. A massive part of me applauds FIFA for tackling one of the biggest problems in football - grown men dressing like Siberian schoolgirls - but another part of me wonders if they haven't got more pressing concerns.

I think they're stupid, they don't look good, and you shouldn't be cold playing football anyway, I'd never wear one.

I couldn't wear a snood whilst playing football. I can barely wear gloves, just feels weird. But i'm like that with any sport, I play Table Tennis high up and I see players in tournaments who wear good-luck necklaces and wrist-bands, it feels really weird for me, however they do suit players like Nasri and Tevez.

I think they're stupid, they don't look good, and you shouldn't be cold playing football anyway, I'd never wear one.

Agreed, if you work hard on the pitch your body should warm up anyway, without having some cloth round your neck ;)

Banning snoods?

.... The ski mask trend has begun!

Last edited:
I can see why people wear them , just signed for an English club from a different country , not used to the weather etc etc but me personally , would never wear one.
I don't particularly think they look good and never really get cold whilst i'm playing anyway but I don't see what everybodies problem is with them.

I can only imagine that FIFA would ban them because of sponsorship issues (snoods could have a logo on them giving a company extra sponsorship like a nike tick or whatever) or because players are wearing snoods which are different colours from their shirts (most snoods seem to be black).

Surely aswell, if someone grabbed it during a game it would f*** with your neck?

Snood is just such a ******* ridiculous name. I want to punch the person who started calling them that.

I can only imagine that FIFA would ban them because of sponsorship issues (snoods could have a logo on them giving a company extra sponsorship like a nike tick or whatever) or because players are wearing snoods which are different colours from their shirts (most snoods seem to be black).

How can they ban them for that reason? That'd be like banning football boots because the ones you chosen advertise another make?

No logic.

How can they ban them for that reason? That'd be like banning football boots because the ones you chosen advertise another make?

No logic.

Well you know what Blatter and co are like ... I think there was a similar thing for headbands because players were wearing headbands from a different manufacturer than their shirts. I know it seems stupid but it's the kind of thing FIFA do, just a thought.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9387849.stm

looks like its due to if someone could get injured because of wearing a snood :)

"We want a debate whether it could be dangerous," said a Fifa spokesman. "There may be a safety issue - if for example a player was running through on goal and an opponent grabbed his snood, that could pose a potential danger to his neck."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9387849.stm

looks like its due to if someone could get injured because of wearing a snood :)

"We want a debate whether it could be dangerous," said a Fifa spokesman. "There may be a safety issue - if for example a player was running through on goal and an opponent grabbed his snood, that could pose a potential danger to his neck."

If for example a player was through on goal and an opponent scraped his studs down the back of his leg, that could pose a potential danger to his leg. They aint gonna ban studs. and surely if a player is within distance to grab his snood, if the player wasnt wearing one he could simply grab his shirt which is also dangerous or even just grab his neck.

If for example a player was through on goal and an opponent scraped his studs down the back of his leg, that could pose a potential danger to his leg. They aint gonna ban studs. and surely if a player is within distance to grab his snood, if the player wasnt wearing one he could simply grab his shirt which is also dangerous or even just grab his neck.

Sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture, they wouldn't ban studs because off the terrain that football is played on, where as snood is an accessories.

Sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture, they wouldn't ban studs because off the terrain that football is played on, where as snood is an accessories.

Yer, i understand that but im just pointing out that there are worse things that someone would do, also surely a player would sooner grab the guys shirt than the snood

Yer, i understand that but im just pointing out that there are worse things that someone would do, also surely a player would sooner grab the guys shirt than the snood

Might sound silly, but depends how tall the player is. But, yes, I as a player would rather pull their shirt, not a snood <)

Back