So, what are the good goalkeepers out there?

Raffazza

Reaction score
Just a random thought really, there don't seem to be many very good goalkeepers out there (something I guess is also true in real life...).

I think its the most important position in the game, and I seem to always end up buying Akinfeev, and really struggle if controlling a smaller club..

Obviously the Cassilas, Buffons, Akinfeev, J Cesear, Adler... but there don't seem to be many other notable ones...

Or have I just not found them?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

[apologies if there is another thread out on this, using my phone for internet at the moment, search function playing up... ]

Juan Pablo Carrizo i signed him on my rangers save for 4.4 million pound and he was very consistent

I'd go for Adler...he seems to be the best GK on there who isn't gonna cost you more than 20mil....and he is world class....I've bought him before and he replaced Reina for me....no worries! :'(

But you are right...there are not that many, but there are 2 young keepers I try to get - Sergio Asenjo who seems to be the new Casilla's (will cost you!) and also a young french guy Alphonse Areola who seems to be cheap and will eventually be brill! (found him with thanks to the people on here!)

Hope that helps!

there are many my man, you just not looking!!!
Gk are endless on Fm10, more so than any other position i feel!
let me know what you looking for and i will try and help you find who and what you looking for!

Well, not currently looking, at R Madrid, though I need a back-up keeper.

Was a thought I had about some of my other saves (I tend to play a couple of saves at a time). So, at a club like Man Utd or Aston Villa I always struggle to find very good keepers. (or always end up getting the same one, which is a bit dull).

My Scouts always love Adler, but his aerial ability is pretty poor, the one time I had him he was seriously punished by crosses...

There is Manuel Neuer, Hugo Lloris, Steve Mandanda, a bit cheaper is Vilar, Ochoa, Oscar Ustari, Carlos Kameni, Asenjo and a lot cheaper is Enyeama... Raikan007 is right when he said that there are a lot of good GKs.

Well, not currently looking, at R Madrid, though I need a back-up keeper.

My Scouts always love Adler, but his aerial ability is pretty poor, the one time I had him he was seriously punished by crosses...

True...but find me a keeper who is rated better for the money and at that age....I don't think there is.... manuel neuer is worth a look....but that's just me :D

If you want a good backup then go for Asenjo...he is a good age (21-22) so will be happy for a couple of years as backup to Casillas and he is Spanish so as you are at Real Madrid he will be happy to come to you of course and will make noises if you tap him up (6) he will also help your squad quota for Spanish players....

If you want a good backup keeper who is old....try Robert Enke (RIP)....he does a good job...and is cheap...

major eccentricity though. which puts me off. my nerves are shot after watching fabian 'the clown' barthez between the sticks for united

Joe Hart is young, cheap and enough good i think

I don't remember his stats ever being that good....have you modified him??? He never seems to do that well in my games, but I have been tempted in the past, although my scouts always say he isn't gonna cut the mustard....

:S

I never modify any stats, just signed him after 1st season for 1.4mill (he was listed) what patch u use?

Asmir Begovic and Joe Hart are the cheapest and greatest goalkepers in whole game!
Begovic will go also to play in realy lower leagues so what are u waiting for?

am on the most recent, have scouted him so many times as I do appreciate his skills, but he isn't that great - or doesn't seem to make it anyway.

No worries thanks, I think I will keep a closer eye on him now....8-|

Frederico Vilar, Volkan Demirel, Sabastian Saja, Guilherme Ochoa, Remy Riou, Jody Viviano, Timo Hildebrand, Austin Eijide, Itemuleng Khune (Kaizer Chiefs) Diego Benaglio, Samir Handanovic, Danut Coman, Artur Boruc, Gomes, Tim Wiese, Cedric Carrasso, Carrizzo, Bogdan Lobont, Maarten Stekelenburg, Matej Delac(inter Zaprisec) Silviu Lung Jr, Michael Rensing, Roman Weidenfeller, Diego Cavalieri, Yohann Pele, Craig Gordon. Joe Hart. Marcelo Grohe...

then of course:

Neuer, Valdes, Kameni, Adler, Lloris, Mandanda, Akinfeev

major eccentricity though. which puts me off. my nerves are shot after watching fabian 'the clown' barthez between the sticks for united

What does eccentricity mean? :S

And yeah, Joe Hart's brilliant in the game, along with Begovic.

What does eccentricity mean? :S

And yeah, Joe Hart's brilliant in the game, along with Begovic.

david james and barthez are your classic eccentric goalies. a high rating means they are more prone to a rush of blood to the head, maybe storming out of the area only to be left stranded by a lob, or standing on the post with their hand in the air whilst the striker who was clearly onside waltzes through to score.......

basically if you want a consistent goalie how deosnt make rash, illogical desisions then he needs to have low eccentricity. although i ahve read that highish eccentricity is useful if you use a 'sweeper keeper'

heres an example of how the stats diagram should look for a gaolie imo, although his mental and speed could be better:

attachment.php