So, who should Kenny buy?

Hasnt done much all season tbh? the amount of money we could sell him for, and bring in some fresh new talent would be silly to turn down. Why are we still relying on Torres/Gerrard?

Are you sure you're a Liverpool fan?
You want us to sell our best player all because he's been out of form due to us having a manager who didn't play to his strengths? And we 'rely' ion them two because funnily enough, they're 2 best players in the world? So, instead of selling them, we need to add quality to the side, not get rid of it you muppet.

also, Torres would be irreplaceable.

what about someone like kevin davies, he is strong, can hold the ball up for torres and can grab you some scruffy goals that you've lacked all season.

He's also 33...

You want us to sell our best player all because he's been out of form due to us having a manager who didn't play to his strengths? And we 'rely' ion them two because funnily enough, they're 2 best players in the world? So, instead of selling them, we need to add quality to the side, not get rid of it you muppet.

Hard to replace, yes. Irreplaceable, not imo.

sell Johnson, Skrtel, Konchesky, Maxi and N'Gog and replace them with Martin Kelly, Ryan Shawcross, Maynor Figueroa, honda and Adebayor

Let torres go, get 50mill for him, sell the players that dont show fight and power. And bring in some british players that know what the club is about!

I.e. Young, Richards, Henderson, Cahill, SWP.

doubt anyone will pay 50million for him at the moment because of his lack of form and injurys

A strong striker in the mold of Adebayor, maybe even him, on a loan.
Definately a winger, preferably left sided, unsure who.
Definately a center back, maybe Samba.
And a left back would also be appreciated.

Don't think we will get all of these positions, maybe one or two.

I guarantee that Coentrão will never leave on that price, at least 25 million euros, AT LEAST.

Id like 4 players which i think would makes us challengers for top 4 and higher again

Suarez- ST 16-18million
Elajro Elia - LW 12-15million
Ashley Young - LW/RW 12-15million
Coentrao - LB Not sure on price around 10million?

With these 4
Reina
Glen - Carra - Agger - Coentrao
Young - Gerrard - Meireles - Eila
Torres - Suarez

EDIT: Obviously that is unlikely as their class players BUT if they dont come and all we can get is other poulsen's, Konchesky's ETC then id rather wait till summer and buy no-one as the reason were in this mess is cus of selling first teamers and buying squad fillers EG Alonso and Masch sold lucas, Meireles, Poulsen brought it :/

I highly doubt they'll sign anyone during January but I think these will be good signings.........
DC: Chris Samba / Gary Cahill
AML: Eljero Elia / Ashley Young
ST: Javier Saviola / Hulk

Jones, why didnt you apply for the vacant job in the summer?

Torres playing better would be just as good as a big signing.

If Kenny actually does want the job long term then a few signings may improve his position in the league and with the board

A new midfielder. Obviously nobody can fill Xabi Alonso's boots, but someone who plays a similar role.
Maybe a CB/LB as well, because at the back it has been a shambles at times.

No need for a new striker. Torres may be rank at the minute, but you cant sell him, when he's on form he is quality, and there were definite improvements in the team against Man Utd, and if Liverpool had 11 men, then maybe they could have got something.

Id like 4 players which i think would makes us challengers for top 4 and higher again

Suarez- ST 16-18million
Elajro Elia - LW 12-15million
Ashley Young - LW/RW 12-15million
Coentrao - LB Not sure on price around 10million?

With these 4
Reina
Glen - Carra - Agger - Coentrao
Young - Gerrard - Meireles - Eila
Torres - Suarez

EDIT: Obviously that is unlikely as their class players BUT if they dont come and all we can get is other poulsen's, Konchesky's ETC then id rather wait till summer and buy no-one as the reason were in this mess is cus of selling first teamers and buying squad fillers EG Alonso and Masch sold lucas, Meireles, Poulsen brought it :/

i wouldnt call lucas a squad filler and he certainly was bought because he was very promising. hes probably liverpools best player apart from torres and gerrard but a lot of his work goes unoticed.

i wouldnt call lucas a squad filler and he certainly was bought because he was very promising. hes probably liverpools best player apart from torres and gerrard but a lot of his work goes unoticed.

What about Reina , Carragher or Agger? :S

Is the money actually there? Its been rumoured for a while that to buy we need to sell. I cannot imagine NESV coming out and buying us 4 world class players in this window. There was a rumour floating around this morning that Juventus will offer us Amauri and £25 million for torres.

I'm sure it's not just me that thinks Liverpool's squad is weaker than it has been for a while. From what I've heard and seen, the funds are there, so who should Kenny buy? If anyone.

a team

Left winger who hugs the touchline, back-up striker who can bridge the gap between N'Gog and Torres in terms of age, experience and quality, left-back who can defend and isn't made of glass who can bridge the gap until Robinson comes through, a central midfielder with a decent left foot and who is challenging for a first team place.

Depends a lot on who is shifted out and how Kenny wants us playing. Tbh Joe Cole, Poulsen and Konchesky should never have been signed. Jova's not a winger and is looking like a free punt which isn't going to work out. Skrtel, Carra and Soto are all suspect in their various ways (although Soto has been putting in decent performances, he's so severely limited in terms of mobility and playing the ball, as well as age, he's at best a back-up/rotation/situational option). Babel remains unfulfilled potential - sometimes amazing with the ball at his feet and running at goal, often guilty of just being way too selfish.

On the positive side we have some cracking young defenders who should be in first team contention - Ayala and Kelly in particular. Pacheco should be getting more games but it's where to fit him in which is the problem given that Maxi and Cole are pretty much similar players to him in terms of playing on the left.

Where Gerrard plays is almost certainly dictating who then has to play around him, whilst Carra playing almost enforces a deep defensive line meaning high pressing becomes either very risky or just impossible.

Difficult decisions which were beyond Mr.Hodgson's ability to make need to be made about the balance of the squad and it needs to be done with the knowledge that last summer really borked things to a huge extent in terms of bringing in totally the wrong type and class of player in on long-term deals.

emile heskey:D
but serious i dont see them being able to attract the quality they need.
they need more players with the quality og gerrard and torres, not konchesky

Left winger who hugs the touchline, back-up striker who can bridge the gap between N'Gog and Torres in terms of age, experience and quality, left-back who can defend and isn't made of glass who can bridge the gap until Robinson comes through, a central midfielder with a decent left foot and who is challenging for a first team place.

Depends a lot on who is shifted out and how Kenny wants us playing. Tbh Joe Cole, Poulsen and Konchesky should never have been signed. Jova's not a winger and is looking like a free punt which isn't going to work out. Skrtel, Carra and Soto are all suspect in their various ways (although Soto has been putting in decent performances, he's so severely limited in terms of mobility and playing the ball, as well as age, he's at best a back-up/rotation/situational option). Babel remains unfulfilled potential - sometimes amazing with the ball at his feet and running at goal, often guilty of just being way too selfish.

On the positive side we have some cracking young defenders who should be in first team contention - Ayala and Kelly in particular. Pacheco should be getting more games but it's where to fit him in which is the problem given that Maxi and Cole are pretty much similar players to him in terms of playing on the left.

Where Gerrard plays is almost certainly dictating who then has to play around him, whilst Carra playing almost enforces a deep defensive line meaning high pressing becomes either very risky or just impossible.

Difficult decisions which were beyond Mr.Hodgson's ability to make need to be made about the balance of the squad and it needs to be done with the knowledge that last summer really borked things to a huge extent in terms of bringing in totally the wrong type and class of player in on long-term deals.

I couldn't agree more. I think that Babel has potential just needs the games to get his confidence. N'Gog has some glimpses of talent, but I just don't rate him, so I think another striker is essential.